Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Nighty night ladies
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today. I just found out that this one gal is a manager. I didn’t know that. Anyway, she says that labor is up so (and please don’t ask me to explain this) I shouldn’t punch in until 7. Well, I texted the store manager, I thought the gal was just passing along what the manager wanted but evidently this gal made the decision. Anyway, I texted that I’d really like to start as soon as I get there. 6:30 to 10:30 is 4 hours (prep typically takes me 4 hours to do), 7 to 11 is 4 hours. So what is being saved by my punching in at 7? Also, I really don’t mind taking Jerry home. But if I am unable to leave until 11, there will be a lot of times when I can’t. So he’ll have to sit there for hours until someone else can take him home. Sometimes I question these managers. Logic doesn’t seem to be their strong point. Well, I’ll do what has to be done. The work needs to be done. What will happen if I have to leave before all the work is done? Previously, I would just go in early, do the work, and leave in time. Now that might not be possible. Oh well, I guess they’ll just have to figure it out. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be nice and I really would like to go in the pool. I’ll just tell Jerry that I have a commitment and can’t take him home. The real reason? I really don’t want to because I know I’ll be there later since I need to give them prep for Sat. Also, I need to go to the post office and then the bank.

Oh, Jerry apologized to me today for having a beer in my car. That tells me that my suspicions were right. So I just told him that the past is over, nothing can be done, but we can learn for the future. That’s why I’ve instituted the “no drinks (open containers)”. He did get upset when he had a bottle of water open (yes, the top was on it but it had been opened) and I wouldn’t move the car until he got rid of it. He said “it’s just water” so I told him “I really don’t care if it’s holy water,” He eventually did throw it out of the car and by the time we got to his house, he seemed OK with it. He was crying but I just told him it’s OK, we’ll learn and that’s what’s important. Vince wonders how I put up with him...lol

Tracey – gorgeous dragon. I especially love the – are they bricks? - on top. So colorful

How I wish spring was coming here. That means summer won’t be far behind. But, alas, winter’s on its way (boo)

barbie – any idea when you go for the vision field test? It’s good that all those other things were ruled out.

Hap2go – wb!

Heather – do ya think the basil is overgrown <snicker>???????

Leave Sat. to go to DE.

You know that we go to see TSO every year. Well, this year they are in Raleigh and Charlotte. We asked Jess and she said she didn’t have a problem driving down here to go to Charlotte. For some reason, Vince thinks she’ll drive back to Cary after the concert. Maybe I’m wrong, but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if she stayed here for the night. Lynette likes to go on a Sat. wherever. So it works. Only Vince isn’t crazy about driving to Charlotte. I’m not crazy about Charlotte, either. But one day won’t kill us.

Having dinner with the Newcomers. We’re going to this steak and seafood place.

Just got back. They gave a lot of food and the waiter was real good. I had broiled flounder, veg medley without the butter and a sweet potato. Only water to drink.

Then went for my walk around the block. It's getting dark too early now. Pretty soon I'll have to give this up, too (waaaaaa).

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells Yay!

Annie in Delaware who is eating too many cookies
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Belated welcome @Melsthewinner ! Yes, bookmark the September thread and keep coming back, great first goal! Baby steps.
    Karen in VA “Catalina is like family, except better, because she cleans!” I covet your Catalina ;)
    Beth I would have loved to find my adoption decree, I’d seen the folder once. Alas, Mama being helpful disposed of it with some other clues to my origins, probably about the time she went through all the photo albums I loved when I was a child, and disposed of all the photos that "wouldn’t mean anything" to me. I was devastated about the albums (didn’t know about the paperwork), and while I tried to be calm and gentle, she could tell. Poor Mama, always trying to do good, always getting bit in the butt. "Silver linings" LOL!
    Tina “learning to love” Bob and Brad the most (annoying yet competent) famous physical therapists on the internet. LOL! They’ve been very helpful to me too, but the real game changer was going in person to a pt who could watch me walk, move, sit to stand, bend knee etc, and tailor exercises for my particular set of issues.
    Thanks to you both, Karen and Beth, I invested a lot of time yesterday in purging files. No tax records before 2016. No Part D monthly summaries except most current month. Still can’t fit everything into my two drawer so will keep slogging on.
    Kim thanks for the tip about keeping upgrade receipts until the house is sold, and not in the same folder as tax returns that will be destroyed after 7 years. Also thanks for reminding me that coffee is plant based. Yay there’s another two, one for the daily tea and one for the occasional coffee.’ Brava for 20 the week of 8/21
    Michele so happy for you going to see PJ and Denise. Sorry, Vince but there are just some times that are priceless.
    Machka and tea and cocoa, thanks! “Fresh fruits and veggies don’t have bar codes” :laugh: But oops, yes at our Fred Meyer’s they do put bar codes on each piece of fruit or vegetable or on bands around those that come in bunches. ;) Isn’t it great how many plant based foods you can count from an Indian curry? As for the Field Guide to Procrastinators, I’d add “The Author. Before I get started on gathering paper for my taxes I must write a book on how to get started doing your taxes.” ;)
    Heather with the increase in your home’s value would your DH consent to refinancing to take a bit of equity out for the needed repairs, air conditioning, other upgrades and shower room?
    Terri had to google Lang may yer lum reek. :love: it!
    Annie yep scammers about Amazon accounts, both voicemails and emails. A pox on ‘em.
    Katla “…don’t usually wear it [the watch] in the bath or shower” LOL! Thanks for liking my words/goals. Now to just do them… ;)
    Tracey “I am going with my eldest and Grands to my youngest. We are setting the camper and a tent up. Three other young Moms and their children are coming as well. I am looking forward to it.” The very thought makes me shudder. You are an angel grandmother. Not to mention one hot couple!
    Lanette glad you’re slowing down the process and relishing the flood of memories. I’ve heard its best not to make any big decisions (moving, selling off precious things) for at least a year after the shock of loss. Think it’s sound advice. Can’t wait to see your found treasures, polished stones and pyrographic art (careful how you say that… :naughty: )
    Vicki I’m sorry but I did not immediately think Vitamin D when I saw yours was low :naughty: Good luck on the 8th!

Beth, Kim, Rebecca, Machka, Ginny, Lanette, Flea, Vicki , Rosmarie, Carla: yours to Katla. Well said.

Only through August pg 58. Have been relishing reading everyone’s posts while slurping soup and sipping wine, but now the bowl and glass are empty…
    Done:
    9/: Move: 1 set pt, active mins: steps:
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) + so far: CI<CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP9/: Move: 1 set pt, active mins: steps:
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) + so far: CI<CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP

9/1: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to Buffington park and powerline. active mins: steps:
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 9+6+2+6+ so far: almonds, apple, banana, basil-pesto, beans-red kidney, carrots, cashews, celery, cherries, cranberries-dried, cucumbers, graham flour, lettuce-American blend, mushrooms-cremini, olives-almond stuffed, peanut butter, pecans, peppers-pepperoncini, potato flour, radish, romaine, sauerkraut, spices-basil/celery seed/garlic powder/onion powder/pepper/rosemary/turmeric, spinach, tomato paste, walnuts, watermelon. Wheat flour, CI<CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, nail trims, freezer purge green beans, corn,
    Wt:139.3

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    so I am having fun with the plant food thing... so this gives me an idea of all the plant foods I eat and when it's been a long time since I have had something.... Like I am amazed no beans for the last week +

ky73t2hxv3q1.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    just caught up reading- will try and post tomorrow-

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

wrote this last night but forgot to hit submit.
    Maybe tomorrow I will get a chance to write a bit more.

Enjoy reading everyone's posts.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Carla - I’m so happy you got into your office and think you’ll enjoy it.

Machka and Karen - I read that article. I have more that I need to get rid of. When we moved here in 2016 I got rid of a lot. The stuff I kept I really enjoy, but now I think I could get rid of more again. Some of it is my Grandmother’s stuff that I thought I loved but really kept because it was hers. Some of it is antiques so I maybe able to make a bit.

Michele - the top of the castle is a stone wall. Rodger says I should use shades of grey, but someone did one with the colours I’m using and I like it.

Barbara - you are too kind. I have found physical therapy to be a big help through the years, but I think the best has been the exercise therapist. She has helped me build back up without re-injuring myself.

I’m late to go to bed, but napped in the tub for 40 minutes.
    My job listing email from Indeed tonight had a new posting for the job I interviewed for in July. I have reapplied.
    I really need away from what I have.

I’m going out for supper tonight as a goodbye for my coworker. I will miss her, so that we don’t lose a connection I have given her a gift certificate to the ceramics shop I go to.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    God Bless, Rebecca. It all sounds like it's going to be wonderful and I'm so glad you're going to be there to help your sister "enjoy" it. I know people like that, I am people like that, who always want to
    Well, my office was quite pleasant. It is brand new, done in really nice, blues and sort of off-white, greyish, I think. It might be white, but the light was dim, because I don't like fluorescents so I kept it low. AND I have one of those adjustable desks, so I could stand if I had a mind to. Chair seems comfortable. File cabinet is very small, but I guess I don't have much to put into it. We'll see when I really move in. NOW, the only thing left is getting me a large monitor and keyboard and mouse. I have a district-issues 13" laptop, but this old lady will NOT be playing with 38x2400 sized spreadsheets on that little thing!!! So I've got a call into the tech-geeks (and my boss) to set me up and I saw one of the DO-dudes yesterday (in person) and we were chatting and he said that there were some older "smaller" (18-20") monitors that I might be able to utilize until my big one comes in. Anything is better than this teeny thing. So, I think I'll be happy. No phone yet, but I called hubby while I was sitting there and the call went through, so I get cell service. Not great service, but it rings. lol.

Love and Blessing, Carla, in MN

I've gotten used to having at least 2 screens now. Where I worked for the past 9 years, I had 3 screens. Where I work now, I'm down to 2 screens, but we're supposed to move offices soon and apparently we're supposed to get new laptops, so I'm hoping I keep my current 2 screens and have the laptop screen too.

Even at home I have 2 screens. I like to spread things out.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    My husband has a new computer...an eye gaze...that uses his eyes to create speech and also to send texts and emails. Medicare paid for this. We are working on how to use it.

Technology is amazing!

Does it work by allowing him to look at "keys" like on a keyboard to choose letters or words?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka and tea and cocoa, thanks! “Fresh fruits and veggies don’t have bar codes” :laugh: But oops, yes at our Fred Meyer’s they do put bar codes on each piece of fruit or vegetable or on bands around those that come in bunches. ;) Isn’t it great how many plant based foods you can count from an Indian curry? As for the Field Guide to Procrastinators, I’d add “The Author. Before I get started on gathering paper for my taxes I must write a book on how to get started doing your taxes.” ;)

Some of our fruit and veg come from our garden. :)

And yes, I like writing instructions too. :grin:

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    so I am having fun with the plant food thing... so this gives me an idea of all the plant foods I eat and when it's been a long time since I have had something.... Like I am amazed no beans for the last week +

ky73t2hxv3q1.png

Spreadseets! :heart:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Belated welcome @LeaBtappedin ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?

Lanette inspiring energy, both consumption and exertion, thoughts.
    Karen in VA attic done?!? Bravissima!
    Machka was the clothesline there when you first rented or was it something you bought and installed?
    Heather an extra thousand pounds next year for energy ?!? [shudder]
    Kim tilt and roll clothesline-brilliant! Likewise alternative transportation suggestions.
    Katla must have been a shock to learn of the doctor banning you from driving. So many hard adjustments to make in such a short time. ((hugs))
    Ginny bravely done to let your DB be mad at you.
    Rosemarie, would some kind of heated blanket serve to keep your husband comfortable without having to overheat the whole house?
    Rori always so grateful to see your smiling face! Delighted to hear roommate loves Mars ;)
    Allie you get to enjoy the lakehouse for a whole day all by yourself? Hooray! (but I must confess I am suspicious of any too-good-to-be-true offers from your SIL)
    Rita ((hugs))
    Beth, Kim, Michele I’m with you about the stevia and all other not-sugars . :sick:
    Meg thanks for the prune puree suggestion.
    Michele stick to your guns about Jerry and the drinks. Trouble waiting in the wings.

Through Aug pg 61.
    Done:
    9/1: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to Buffington park and powerline.
    active mins: 205 steps: 5847
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 9+6+2+9 so far: almonds, apple, banana, basil-pesto, beans-red kidney, carrots, cashews, celery, cherries, coffee, cranberries-dried, cucumbers, graham flour, lettuce-American blend, mushrooms-cremini, olives-almond stuffed, peach-white, peanut butter, pecans, peppers-pepperoncini, potato flour, radish, romaine, sauerkraut, spices-basil/celery seed/garlic powder/onion powder/pepper/rosemary/turmeric, spinach, tea, tomato paste, walnuts, watermelon. Wheat flour, CI<CO=184
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, nail trims, freezer purge green beans/corn, pantry purge organic italian wedding soup (yuck).
    Wt:139.3
    Lighter, lovelies!

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    B) You gals have been busy! So much good stuff here! I'll be back today. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka was the clothesline there when you first rented or was it something you bought and installed?

It was here. Pretty much all houses have clotheslines ... and pretty much none have room for a dryer.

Dryers are starting to become a little more popular but I think most people still hang dry their clothes.

M in Oz

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Barbara - our bills are actually going up by £2,000 :o but we will get help from the government. As pensioners, I think we will get £900 for the household. It's a huge worry for the UK and most of Europe. It also affects food prices as their bills are even worse.
    DH has enough money for upgrading the house, but he is reluctant to spend it. As we have just seen, he would rather go cruising!!! :p I'm torn. The energy price hike makes me almost more determined to live while we still can.

Kids were great. I downloaded Canva onto my tablet as well, so both Max and Edie could use it at the same time. :D Bea spent all her time with DH. We printed out the posters they made to take home. The difference between the two kids couldn't be more obvious. k4ac6e44t6aq.png

sh66u6aw57cc.png

Love the words at the bottom of the poster. He has a great sense of humour.

Edie had never used the app before. I have learned a lot from the kids about just having a go and experimenting. I used to be so afraid of getting it wrong. They just plunge in and learn on the job. I love their attitude.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx