Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Finally taking a few minutes to check in-
    Caught up on reading all the posts.
    Sounds like everyone is staying busy.

Decluttering- I need to start doing more. As I want to declutter, dh is bringing more stuff in- buying toys that are " cool/a great deal"-and filling up the place. It is starting to get overwhelming. My first thing I want to declutter is my treadmill- with winter coming, I want to be able to use it- right now it is totally buried- some of it is my stuff, was an easy place to stash stuff because it is in the garage.
    Former hubby is going through this now as he empties his parents place- using an auction house to auction everything that has any value, including the house. The auction is live now(they live in Huntington,Indiana-Really hoping it gets a lot more interest- 3bed,2 bath w/ in ground pool was at only 30,000 as of last night. They are selling everything now to help pay for assisted living for both his mom(dementia ward) and regular room for dad. They are at the same place so they get to spend a lot more time together- married 65 yrs. Dad called me the other night and said he really likes the place and getting time to spend time with Shirley really is a blessing- no longer has to drive to see her.

Remarrying??- only one person I would consider marrying- and that would be my former hubby- we have both agreed- he is my best friend and we talk all the time.

Still dealing with MIL- we hired help, that lasted two days(and would have been just one day if MIL had her say). DH still has not spent a night here at home. Almost 3 full months. He doesn't NEED to be there but he does and then sits as she yells or complains about him for hours on end.
    I have been walking a lot more- just to clear my head.
    Daycare girl started school so I try and do a minimum 30-40 min walk around the wetlands while I wait for her. Starting Tues. she will be getting out 30 min later most days(not on Wed) so I can walk a little longer. Did a fast paced 45 today- was worried I would be late but got there a couple minutes before she got out- got 7500 steps in. Will walk the full loop tonight with my friend.
    It was AMAZING today. For the first time I saw deer, not once but twice. The first time they were running(something scared them) from the wooded area right towards me- was wondering if they were going to go right by me. A HUGE buck and four doe, stopped less than 30 feet from me. Coming back a couple does, a couple yearlings and a couple little fawns ran across the road right in front of me across to another part of the trees. Just amazing.

Still doing zumba but our Wed. at the park will be ending soon as it is getting darker sooner and there are no lights there.

Called my mom this morning to let her know my aunt passed away(her brother's first wife) Aunt Susie was 93, just a few days away from 94.
    Mom finally has her surgery scheduled to repair her ear drum after the infection from having the tick in there 4 months ago. Her room mate won't take her to it because, it is too early in the morning- so, I will go up the night before, take her to the appointment and bring her home- stay with her if she needs me to- have to be back to pick up the daycare girl the next day-works out that it is on my day off.

Scale is still not moving but all the walking and I am feeling better. Most days my knee and hip are feeling great- some days, well, mostly nights they hurt but not too bad. Not walking the dog much so doing more walks alone at the wetlands. Making sure I get my 5 miles almost every day

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    This should be the last of our really warm days. It is supposed to cool off over the weekend. DD has 3 days off so we have a couple of projects planned but also some down time. We got a new puzzle to work on and plan to grill burgers and have corn on the cob on Monday. I got my mom's Navy stuff sent to my niece who wanted it for a display she is making and it should get there today.

Got my menus planned for the week and groceries bought. Forgot the fair is open and got caught in traffic but not bad.

Kelly - that quilt is awesome and you deserve it. Can't believe how fast the grands are growing.

Pip - I know you had a growth removed from Yogi's mouth. Has he had to have any further treatment for it? My labradoodle, Nessa has a growth along the gumline on the lower left jaw and they are going to do x-rays and a biopsy. Hoping it is benign. She is 4 yo. Just wondered how Yogi turned out.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    KJ (Kelly), oh I think most need their Athena quota cuteness just like I do! 💖👍🏻 Your grandkids are growing like precious weeds! Love them!
    Loved the quilt too. You work hard in the kids molding department, and I am happy to see some parents acknowledge that.👍🏻 You deserve the moon!
    My middle son (Athena's daddy) is currently in a Japanese bug/toy buying spree, and trying to organize a way to display them, (like a museum). I'm glad he has hobbies. He's taking Diversity, Economics, and a Business class or some sort in college. So busy busy!
    Here's his bug wall.
    feymsdwxu7wh.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    4cc6x26rkm67.jpg

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    rghwfc8s05rd.jpg
    wh6t140tuj8k.jpg
    dyptborkzmas.jpg

My eldest overseas son got a helicopter ride around the area. Japan looks quite tropical from above.💖🗻😁⚓
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Tomorrow is my uncle Ott's 95th birthday party. Yay! I bought him some fancy sheets. I've been trying to remember all my cousins on that side, which used to be my mother's job but her memory is shot. It will be a fun afternoon. I wonder if there will be any single men there?

I can't imagine getting married again, but I kind of hope someone will blow away my doubts. But for now I'm busy with my parents and my book.

I bought some paperbacks for research for my book. I'm studying how to keep it interesting when a detective does five or six interviews. It's an expected scene in a mystery but risks being repetitive and tedious.

Good luck with all the decluttering! May your newfound spaces spark joy!

Notice how I'm avoiding the subjects of diet and weight loss. Hope you all are doing better than I am.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    This should be the last of our really warm days. It is supposed to cool off over the weekend. DD has 3 days off so we have a couple of projects planned but also some down time. We got a new puzzle to work on and plan to grill burgers and have corn on the cob on Monday. I got my mom's Navy stuff sent to my niece who wanted it for a display she is making and it should get there today.

Got my menus planned for the week and groceries bought. Forgot the fair is open and got caught in traffic but not bad.

Kelly - that quilt is awesome and you deserve it. Can't believe how fast the grands are growing.

Pip - I know you had a growth removed from Yogi's mouth. Has he had to have any further treatment for it? My labradoodle, Nessa has a growth along the gumline on the lower left jaw and they are going to do x-rays and a biopsy. Hoping it is benign. She is 4 yo. Just wondered how Yogi turned out.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Yogi is fine, he acts like nothing happened. 7 teeth removed, the sooner you take care of it the better. The doc told me that another dogs owner took too long to address it and they basically had to take the whole lower jaw and teeth off!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Sleeping baby here,he is so miserable poor thing I think he is cutting 2 more teeth..
    Tracy has cut down on what she is feeding him,so he is just having prunes and pears baby food and breastmilk until his November appointment..there insurance is rediculous if they make a non well visit it costs 200.00
    Miles broke out in a rash and she took him and had to pay that .
    My brother just called and woke him up.. ugg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Well what can I say...it took me hours to get up here ,it took me every back road up here and im beat. But im here and had something to eat...and im relaxing..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Well what can I say...it took me hours to get up here ,it took me every back road up here and im beat. But im here and had something to eat...and im relaxing..

Enjoy every minute of it- I am sure you will.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Worked today gave them extra prep for Saturday. Hurray! The assistant manager said it was OK for me to clock in when I get there and start working. Not sure how the gal is going to feel, but that’s too bad. It had something to do with “labor”. What this is (we all know that most times the higher-ups lack common sense) is basically are they taking in enough money in sales to justify someone’s salary. To me, the prep needs to be done. I think they’re willing to work with me because they know that I’m dependable. Today one gal texted a manager that “her car wouldn’t work”. The manager said “if I can find a way to get here without a car from Statesville (probably about 40 minutes away), then she can find a ride from Hickory.” I never called with the excuse “I overslept” or “I can’t get a ride”. As a matter of fact, today they asked me to clock in and then go get Jerry.

Barbara – I’m beyond ecstatic that I’m getting to see him for two days. The last time I saw him for one day. Oh, don’t worry, I’m definitely sticking to my guns about the drinking. I’m afraid that eventually I’ll have to remind him, but that’s no big deal

Our fruits and veggies have bar codes on them, too. This helps identify the item when you are checking out

Debbie – multiple times it’s happened where I hit “submit” and it doesn’t take it. So sorry about your aunt

M – Vince has three screens in his office, two in the basement where the network is. Me? I’m just happy knowing where the on/off switch is

KJ – I don’t feel so much that I HAVE to help my coworker, but more that I WANT to. We have to work together. There are things that I just can’t lift. Will it do any good to have him resenting me? That doesn’t bode a good work environment. We leave tomorrow to go to Denise’s and come back Tuesday. What a spectacular quilt! I read that letter. Now please pass the tissues

Anne DE – have fun at the party

Went for my walk.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Pip … I don’t know what the rules say, but I’d like it if you post the link. A “spoiler “ maybe?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Pip … I don’t know what the rules say, but I’d like it if you post the link. A “spoiler “ maybe?[/quote
    Well that’s a thought
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Belated welcome @RockinMBC Melanie in Vegas!

Lisa agree, far prefer the serene and peaceful life to the dramatic and exciting. ;)
    Karen in VA Luck wished. Brava for the collaborative approach to your brother’s situation. Bravissima for taking the lead and, not incidentally, saving your brother’s foot. Love your comment to Carol.
    Heather oh VERY wow for birthdays cruise in October. Well done, Johnny!
    Carol, neither will Joe discuss end of life issues, not medical power of attorney, not palliative care, not funeral. Once he said he wanted to be buried, un-embalmed, in a pine box in his family’s graveyard in Kentucky. The only other time he’s mentioned it was recently when he said he’d like to be buried under the same tree where Scooter’s ashes are. But as far as any other discussion, he just shuts down. Fortunately: 1. All the junk here is mine, and 2. We have no children to burden with the stuff. As far as settling the estate, I hesitate to burden my SIL or any friend with executor duties so might pull up my big girl panties and consult a lawyer about drawing up a will and naming a paid executor. Frankly I’m only marginally more willing to discuss this topic than Joe is :}
    Meg so very good to see you back and posting.
    Kim would the trust officer at a bank be able to refer you to an attorney competent at trusts?
    Machka sorry to hear the rough news from most recent MRI.
    Annie delighted your mom’s MD appointment went smoothly.
    Margaret love your State Fair smiles. Joe relayed a news item to me that the governor of California is asking those who own electric cars not to charge them, due to the extreme heat and subsequent over demand for air cooling. He warned of rolling blackouts. This from the state that will prohibit the purchase of new gas powered cars in the next decade. Does he think people can ride bicycles across the long commute distances in LA? SMH.
    Carla so relieved you like your new office! Until the new large monitor comes in, can the tech geeks set you up with two smaller monitors and extend the window across them?
    Tina “You just have to eat them faster because they go stale quicker.” Made me snort my water.

OK thanks to Kim and Karen I’m going to see if ABE books has reasonably priced copies of the for dummies books about trusts and estates, and maybe about how to get your spouse to talk about final wishes…

There, finally finished August. Will pick up with September tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Interestingly M, I'm just not sure about the two screens thing. That kinda freaks me out. I know it's supposed to be seamless, but I just don't get the tech. BUT yes, tech is amazing! Who'da'thunk that 30 years ago!
    OH man, what are those flowers? Those are so pretty!

I am getting more cautiously excited about my office. Met a couple more of my coworkers on Wed. and going back in today to grab my key card and drop some more "stuff" off. Just don't want to carry everything in on Tuesday.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

2 (or more) screens are great! At work, I'll have Outlook, OneNote and Windows Explorer open on one screen, Excel, Access or MS SQL Server open on another screen. That way I can follow instructions or suggestions while working on whatever I'm working on.

The flowers are magnolias ... an early spring flower. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited September 2022
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- I enjoy reading your posts. I think we are very similar in the way we process and handle the challenges that come into our lives. I feel like mentally, we are in the same place when it comes to handling the stresses of being "carers" for our husbands. It is a challenge. Definitely not one I thought I would be facing at 50 (now 55). But we get it done. Hugs to you!

Rori- Has anyone ever told you how stunning and full of life you are?! Whenever you post, it is very life affirming, warm, and real. Sending you all of the love!

I agree. Hugs to you too ... to both of you!

KJLaMore wrote: »
    One of my childcare families outgrew me this fall. Their boys are 2nd grade and Kindergarten. The mama of these two made me the most spectacular quilt. She titled it Guiding and Growing and incorporated many little symbols of the care I gave her boys. She got the idea for it and began the planning/work on it four years ago. On the boys last day, when she and her husband came to pick up the boys, they presented me with the quilt. I was so touched. I have never had someone put that much thought (and work) into a gift. She and I were both crying in my driveway. Pictures of the quilt and the letter explaining the quilt are posted below. The morse code translation is: Thank You, Love J,J,S,P (their first initials). Extremely touching and humbling. The parents have also invited DH and I to dinner tonight at a very nice upscale restaurant. Kid free. I have not dined in a place like this since DH and I were dating (33+ years ago)!

the quilt: g0inh84deqjy.jpg
    The letter that came with the quilt:btymquxwb7qh.jpg
    ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

That's wonderful! What a thoughtful gift. :heart:

Enjoy dinner at the nice restaurant too. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    After my husband died, I decided to increase the bi-weekly garbage pickup to every week. So I have the opportunity to fill a big blue garbage can that gets dumped into the truck every Monday. Some of the discards were my husband's, but most was just worn-out, broken, dirty stuff which needed to be gone and my mind and energy wasn't in that place before he passed. The can is sitting half empty right now and my goal this weekend is to stuff it to the gills. I know I can.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

During the last few years with my ex-husband, I realise now that I was in some form of depression that triggered my inner hidden hoarder, and throughout our marriage, he thought I would be like his mother, always cleaning up after him. The result was messy.

We lived in an apartment with one of those large bins to collect everyone's rubbish. In the year or so after we separated, I filled that thing probably several times. Paper, old rubbish furniture, and all sorts! It was so freeing!!

M in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    I need to start doing these again and my physiotherapist has given me more exercises for my numb feet and leg issue.

I've been thinking why it's so hard to motivate myself to do these things and one reason is that I don't have a good place to do them. Our house is 106m2 (1140 sq ft) so it's not huge and the layout isn't the best use of space.

Our main living area is full-up with my home office, an eating area, a sitting area, and of course the drying rack. One small bedroom is our sleeping room, another small bedroom is the dressing room, and the smallest room is the office but it's more of a storage room. One day I would like to consolidate the two offices (the one in the dining room and one in the smallest room) and create some floor space where I can do stretching and other exercises.

1i2b30ddgzy4.png

Machka in Oz