WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Just donated, PIP! Thanks for reposting the link, Karen!

Decluttering is a HUGE thing for me. I'm a hoarder, but I'm not one of those crazy hoarders. I'm a saver. And I have bags of "stuff" everywhere. I know I should go through it and I should be able to toss most of it as I haven't looked at a lot of it in years. Probably wouldn't miss it if someone did toss it, but I can't make myself do it. I have that emotional attachment to things that people talk about. I don't know how to break that. If anyone has a good system to that, let me know! (M, I know that it's my depression too)
    BUT, y'all must have gotten my juices flowing because I just threw away THREE totes (briefcase-type bags) and contents! Will work on other bags around me today. THANKS!

I don't know if I could EVER remarry. Freddy is so good to me and I am really spoiled. I do know that. I probably don't tell him that enough.

Oh Debbie, I am so sorry your MIL is still being difficult. I don't even know what to say. I'd like to say "let her be and survive on her own and let her see how long that takes" but that's not very Christian of me and you know your DH wouldn't allow that to happen. I'm just sorry and sending hugs and prayers.
    So glad you have the deer to make you "feel better", a little.

MAGNOLIAS! OF course, M! Makes sense. I knew I'd seen them somewhere. When we were vacationing in SC. My Auntie had the most beautiful garden and she had a magnolia tree, but it was white.

Beautiful day here! Windows open, music BLARING! Enjoying the long weekend before beginning my new adventure, back in the building!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Rebecca love your plan to help your sister not “tend” to all those who come to celebrate her DH. As for your other sister, would asking for photo of the clock be enough for you?
    Karen love the poppies, love even more that your brother has sold some paintings. $ recognition=a much needed boost imho. Heather’s idea and Gracie’s cottage sound perfect.
    Tracey love the dragon castle for Jonah!
    Barbie how frustrating not go get a definitive answer, but how grateful no macular degeneration, glaucoma, optic nerve problem, tear in or detached retina. Diagnosis by elimination, always nerve wracking.
    Machka thanks for the self care September link, I’ve somehow fallen off the daily happiness calendar bandwagon. Time to hop back on.
    Allie when do you see the MD for results of ecg and xray?
    Vicki hope the mammo and gp visists went well.

Only through pg 2, look forward to KJ’s update and hope to see posting from Debbie. Would love to see Julie’s @bananasandoranges, and Kylia’s @kymarai smiling faces too.

Done:
    9/2: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, active mins:311 steps:7981
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 9+6+2+9+2 so far: almonds, apple, artichoke, banana, basil-pesto, beans-red kidney, carrots, cashews, celery, cherries, coffee, cranberries-dried, cucumbers, graham flour, lettuce-American blend, mushrooms-cremini, olives-almond stuffed, onions, peach-white, peanut butter, pecans, peppers-pepperoncini, potato flour, radish, romaine, sauerkraut, spices-basil/celery seed/garlic powder/onion powder/pepper/rosemary/turmeric, spinach, tea, tomato paste, walnuts, watermelon. CI<CO=883
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, chiropractor, bottle return, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, recycling, hymns.
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Just donated, PIP! Thanks for reposting the link, Karen!

Decluttering is a HUGE thing for me. I'm a hoarder, but I'm not one of those crazy hoarders. I'm a saver. And I have bags of "stuff" everywhere. I know I should go through it and I should be able to toss most of it as I haven't looked at a lot of it in years. Probably wouldn't miss it if someone did toss it, but I can't make myself do it. I have that emotional attachment to things that people talk about. I don't know how to break that. If anyone has a good system to that, let me know! (M, I know that it's my depression too)
    BUT, y'all must have gotten my juices flowing because I just threw away THREE totes (briefcase-type bags) and contents! Will work on other bags around me today. THANKS!

I don't know if I could EVER remarry. Freddy is so good to me and I am really spoiled. I do know that. I probably don't tell him that enough.

Oh Debbie, I am so sorry your MIL is still being difficult. I don't even know what to say. I'd like to say "let her be and survive on her own and let her see how long that takes" but that's not very Christian of me and you know your DH wouldn't allow that to happen. I'm just sorry and sending hugs and prayers.
    So glad you have the deer to make you "feel better", a little.

MAGNOLIAS! OF course, M! Makes sense. I knew I'd seen them somewhere. When we were vacationing in SC. My Auntie had the most beautiful garden and she had a magnolia tree, but it was white.

Beautiful day here! Windows open, music BLARING! Enjoying the long weekend before beginning my new adventure, back in the building!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
    I just saw your donation, thx so much!!!!

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Goals for August
    ✅ - Be lighter: I was 167 on the first of August and 166 the last day. These days I'm happy to see progress. This is tied tightly to the next goal.
    ✅ - Be healthier: I certainly hope so, but it's a tightrope these days. More later for the inquiring minds.
    ✅ - Stick to the budget: Between the chunk of cash laid out for the air conditioner fix, and a few other unexpected expenses, we're a bit over, but not as bad as it could have been. Hope for fewer unexpected expenses this month, but am incredibly grateful that we have the means to be able to pay for the A/C - it's a lifesaver in literal terms for me now.

My September goals remain the same - be lighter, be healthier and stick to the budget. For the new folks with us, setting specific, numbered goals was one of the things I decided to stop doing when I found myself feeling that I was a failure if I only lost a pound, or we went over the budget by just a few dollars or I ate a calorie past my limit. When I backed off of beating myself up about these things, it removed a lot of the stress and negative self-talk. Lots of peace in that.

More later - I'm about to cut up our first watermelon of the season, and want to find a recipe for pickled watermelon rind--a blast from the past from my childhood.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Stats for the day-

outside ride- 1hr 52min 35sec, 335elev, 13.4amph, 67aw, 126ahr, 148mhr, 25.16mi= 906c
    Strava app = 503c
    Walk to store n back w/yogi= 30.56min, 1.35mi= 143c
    Strava app = 166c

Total cal 1049

Went out for the ride at 6:15 am PST, it was like63 degrees, really nice riding weather!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Nice table, Pip! :D
    So fun to work with your hands.

I've just signed up for another class in November, when we get back from the cruise. One hand made bowl and one thrown bowl. 3 hr session in the evening.

Pleased I had a go. I tried to channel my inner Edie. Have a go and see how it turns out. :)
    Still tense and exhausting though. I have to talk sternly to my perfectionism.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    :)Carla, I needed help for my brain and my attitude before I could successfully let go of stuff. I had stuff from my mother and grandmother and carefully curated and organized papers and photos going back almost a century. Even with no siblings or children to share my sentimental attachment to the stuff I couldn't let go without creating the right mindset. I read many books and listened to many podcasts to ready myself. I (and probably others) can make recommendations of what helped us
    <3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Karen - Lovely words. 😍 I too find giving things to people who value them very uplifting and freeing. DH has a few pictures in the garage attic that should be sorted out. We gave away some quite valuable batik ones.
    For those who are hovering, just do one thing and see how it makes you feel. You might, just, get a taste for it.
    You all have encouraged me to make a start in my cluttered utility room. Plus some stuff in that attic. It's so easy to forget about it when it's out of sight.
    I also may sell some gold jewelry I never wear and buy something I will wear. I did something similar a few years ago and I've never missed it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Rebecca love your plan to help your sister not “tend” to all those who come to celebrate her DH. As for your other sister, would asking for photo of the clock be enough for you?
    Karen love the poppies, love even more that your brother has sold some paintings. $ recognition=a much needed boost imho. Heather’s idea and Gracie’s cottage sound perfect.
    Tracey love the dragon castle for Jonah!
    Barbie how frustrating not go get a definitive answer, but how grateful no macular degeneration, glaucoma, optic nerve problem, tear in or detached retina. Diagnosis by elimination, always nerve wracking.
    Machka thanks for the self care September link, I’ve somehow fallen off the daily happiness calendar bandwagon. Time to hop back on.
    Allie when do you see the MD for results of ecg and xray?
    Vicki hope the mammo and gp visists went well.

Only through pg 2, look forward to KJ’s update and hope to see posting from Debbie. Would love to see Julie’s @bananasandoranges, and Kylia’s @kymarai smiling faces too.

Done:
    9/2: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, active mins:311 steps:7981
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 9+6+2+9+2 so far: almonds, apple, artichoke, banana, basil-pesto, beans-red kidney, carrots, cashews, celery, cherries, coffee, cranberries-dried, cucumbers, graham flour, lettuce-American blend, mushrooms-cremini, olives-almond stuffed, onions, peach-white, peanut butter, pecans, peppers-pepperoncini, potato flour, radish, romaine, sauerkraut, spices-basil/celery seed/garlic powder/onion powder/pepper/rosemary/turmeric, spinach, tea, tomato paste, walnuts, watermelon. CI<CO=883
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, chiropractor, bottle return, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, recycling, hymns.
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Actually its not the clock per say that I was trying to reclaim, but the experience of repainting it with my grandmother. Thinking upon it, remembering giggling as we were putting gold here and there. That was enough for me. Maybe one day when we again have a mantle, I might ask for it back. But its safe where its at. I'm not worried about it.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Had my bathroom closed up for a while yesterday and when I opened it back up it smelled like gas in there. DD turned the gas off so we need to relight the pilot today.

Our power went off for a few minutes earlier and our Arab mare was acting like a crazy horse. They are in the pasture with the electric fence and they are able to hear it when it is on. She knew it was off so went running around tossing her head and tail. She has been known to walk through an electric fence if it is off. Luckily it came back on soon.

DD stopped on her way home from work yesterday at Bob's corn and got one half dozen fresh ears so guess what we are eating this weekend.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Unlike cows where if you move an electric fence they won't cross the grass lined edge of the old fence line for like days! Silly things! Horses are smart things!
    Hopefully your bathroom is back to a normal scent!
    I know when we lived off base in Japan we had a "home broiler"(little metal box thingie) which was lit by a pilot light. If you wished for hot water in the kitchen, you had to go to the bathroom and turn the home broiler on. If you wanted to take a shower you had to do the same thing. It probably saved you from not having a big water heater but it was a nuance!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Definitely good guidance on decluttering here lately. I have been slowly moving forward. Have a couple of boxes ready for Goodwill-may have another one by tomorrow. I agree with you Karen-we have to be ready to give things off.

Lisa-thanks for the reminder about not beating ourselves up. I've been beating myself up about weight gain post smoking. However, I am still at a very healthy weight and need to just keep doing what I have been doing.

Pip-you really seem to have a knack with redoing furniture! Glad you are raising funds for MS-I have a couple of friends (younger than me) who are dealing with it.

Off to fold laundry and get ironing done. Also going to watch Ohio State play in a couple of hours-should be a good game.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Pip, love the new painted cart! You did a great job and its beautiful.down to the Yogi paw knob!💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    Options