barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    GINNY Thanks for kind words
    KAREN So good to hear that your grandson is doing so well
    HEATHER I haven’t rung anyone yet, I know it will be expensive. I have a telephone appointment with consultant on 29th of this month so thought I’d wait and see what he says. We don’t go away until 10th December and have only paid a deposit.

Kate UK ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,597 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Got another donation, up to $655! It was an anonymous donor, thank you if it came from here!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Pip - Thank you for what you're doing! One of my sisters-in-law has MS, so it matters to us personally. I hope you get your jersey, it's well deserved.

Lisa in AR
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    bwcetc wrote: »
    September Goals ... Like Lisa, I've stopped putting numbers on my goals. Lost 3 pounds in August. So the goal will be to be lighter at the end of September. My budget got shot to h@@l this month too, btw.

Karen VA ... I do remember your grandson with autism. Wonderful that he is doing well in a brick&mortar school now! Thank you, too, for reposting Pip's link.

DeCluttering ... I'm always trying to declutter, but I'm now just completely overwhelmed. This weekend we closed my mom's assisted living apartment, emptying the contents into a 15ft UHaul truck that we just unloaded into a temporary storage unit. My basement is FULL of her clothes, dry pantry/food items that need stored and then a pallet stacked with the things my dad wanted me to keep before he passed away that I wouldn't store in a unit. I get rid of my stuff to replace it with other people's stuff. It's just for a season, but still. The next step will be to reassess everything once my mom has ended her insurance provided skilled nursing. Either she'll be moved to a private skilled nursing facility near me or to a new assisted living apartment. In either case, she will not be able to use everything I just brought back to NY. Interestingly, in the harsh light of day, everything looked so shabby. Made me sad. Definitely motivated me to get rid of things I'm hanging on to of my own.

Beth near Buffalo

I just got another Donation , was that you Beth?? If so, thanks so much! I’m over $600 now!!!

You’re welcome!

• pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Pip The table is gorgeous, love it. Whenever I have tried to do anything like that, it looks a mess!

:)
    Viv UK
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Katla sad yoga not offered at your new place. Are there birds you can watch? Think of you and your DH every time a hummingbird visits our feeder.
    Ginny would you share yours spinach and mandarin orange recipe? Long ago in SF that used to be a favorite work lunch . . .until the restaurant closed ;( “what is important is that we keep trying. If getting on the wagon and staying there was easy-none of us would need support!” Amen, sister AMEN!
    Karen your gs is in public HS? Now that is a learning coach success. Bravissima! Bookmarked the blog post on Swedish Death Cleaning and started reading. “Intent and mindset.” At this point, my intent would be to reclaim space in my office by minimizing paper clutter, organizing stuff and finally donating that box that’s been sitting on the floor for months. Baby steps. Thank you.
    Pip are there pics of Yogi’s first swimming pool dip?
    Allie sounds like a wonderful weekend. Safe travels
    Tracey horrific news. :cry: Thanks for the camping night pics to leave a happier picture in my mind.
    Rosemarie thanks for the Pamela Kelley Nantucket Inn recommendation. Your exhaustion reminds me that after Papa passed, Mama slept almost an entire summer. ((hugs))

Done:
    9/4: Move: 2 sets pt, stroll chat with T, active mins:253 steps:8020
    Fuel: plants total count for week: 36! almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, banana, basil-pesto, beans-green, beans-red kidney, carrots, cashews, celery, cherries, coffee, corn, cranberries-dried, cucumbers, graham flour, lettuce-American blend, mushrooms-cremini, olives-almond stuffed, onions, parsley, peach-white, peanut butter, pecans, peppers-pepperoncini, potato flour, radish, romaine, sauerkraut, spices-basil/celery seed/garlic powder/onion powder/pepper/rosemary/turmeric, spinach, tea, tomato paste, walnuts, watermelon. CI<CO=670
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, church
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    Lovely photo Tracey. Your grandchildren are like Edie - that's where I get all my news and info. :p If it were up to the parents to tell me, I would know nothing.

Rosemarie - I have read The Salt Path. Lovely bittersweet book. Inspiring.

Well, must get on with my article ........

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    ROSEMARIE I’ve also read the Salt Path and the sequel. Lovely books. My book group is online on Zoom, read 2 fantastic books by Swedish writer Frederick Backman, A Man Called Ove and Anxious People. This has been turned into a 2 parter on Netflix. Also just finished Where the Crawdads Sing.

Kate UK ❤️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,374 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Got another donation, up to $655! It was an anonymous donor, thank you if it came from here!

Pip
    - is there a way to make a donation without going through the page/link - a place to send a check perhaps? If so, where and who should it be made out to?

B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Kate - I've watched A Man Called Ove on Netflix. Very good, I'm glad to know there is another. I will look up the books. I was learning Swedish at the time I watched it and now I'm learning Norwegian. Close enough.

PS Just bought the books and bookmarked Anxious People on Netflix.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie,. I love loons, too. So did my mom.

<3

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip and Lisa, My Machatunim has MS, too. She is a warrior.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Katla sad yoga not offered at your new place. Are there birds you can watch? Think of you and your DH every time a hummingbird visits our feeder.
    Ginny would you share yours spinach and mandarin orange recipe? Long ago in SF that used to be a favorite work lunch . . .until the restaurant closed ;( “what is important is that we keep trying. If getting on the wagon and staying there was easy-none of us would need support!” Amen, sister AMEN!
    Karen your gs is in public HS? Now that is a learning coach success. Bravissima! Bookmarked the blog post on Swedish Death Cleaning and started reading. “Intent and mindset.” At this point, my intent would be to reclaim space in my office by minimizing paper clutter, organizing stuff and finally donating that box that’s been sitting on the floor for months. Baby steps. Thank you.
    Pip are there pics of Yogi’s first swimming pool dip?
    Allie sounds like a wonderful weekend. Safe travels
    Tracey horrific news. :cry: Thanks for the camping night pics to leave a happier picture in my mind.
    Rosemarie thanks for the Pamela Kelley Nantucket Inn recommendation. Your exhaustion reminds me that after Papa passed, Mama slept almost an entire summer. ((hugs))

Done:
    9/4: Move: 2 sets pt, stroll chat with T, active mins:253 steps:8020
    Fuel: plants total count for week: 36! almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, banana, basil-pesto, beans-green, beans-red kidney, carrots, cashews, celery, cherries, coffee, corn, cranberries-dried, cucumbers, graham flour, lettuce-American blend, mushrooms-cremini, olives-almond stuffed, onions, parsley, peach-white, peanut butter, pecans, peppers-pepperoncini, potato flour, radish, romaine, sauerkraut, spices-basil/celery seed/garlic powder/onion powder/pepper/rosemary/turmeric, spinach, tea, tomato paste, walnuts, watermelon. CI<CO=670
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, church
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Only videos that li can’t upload here