WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Pip, that table is so pretty!

Barbie, Karen! THAT is one of my biggest problems. I just can't THROW stuff away. I can give it away, no problem. Don't need the cash. The other issue however is motivation. Just getting started. However, yesterday, I tossed several other bags of just trash. When I tossed those couple totes, I found some other stuff that I knew I didn't need so I was able to just toss it. I know there's stuff that is throwable, but the motivation just isn't in me most days. I gotta find that. LOL. Y'all have sorta pushed me just by talking about it, so PLEASE keep talking!!!

THANKS Barbara! We're kindred spirits! Paper is not so hard, except my scrap and card-making paper. OMG, don't get me started there. Yeah, the old tax returns? Those are gone. But I'm STILL furious about Dad's old wood-working tools that ended up in Iowa and are now who-knows-where. LONG, painful story.

Another STUNNING day here in Minnesota! Windows open again!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Pip-I think it is great you do the MS ride. I have two friends with MS. Their treatment options have expanded over the years. Nice to have someone we know to make donations through! Thanks for the opportunity.

Had long walk this morning (5 miles). Getting ready to have late lunch/early dinner at cookout with friends. I'm taking a broccoli and raisin salad I like but won't just make for myself. Tomorrow going to son's house for cookout. Think I will make spinach/mandarin orange salad to take to that.

Machka-train show sounds interesting. We have a large basement in our house. I always wanted to get a big train set set up running around it. I was the only one in the family who had an interest-so it didn't happen. Who knows, some day I may just set a smaller one up somewhere!

Kate UK-glad you have returned. I was thinking about you the other day. Don't beat yourself up-what is important is that we keep trying. If getting on the wagon and staying there was easy-none of us would need support!

Off to get ready. Going to be raining here later-thunderstorms predicted. Luckily friend has covered area for grilling and we can eat and visit inside.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Well me and Alfie have the place to ourselves,have the patio door open ,the screen closed so Alfie doesnt take off but ,the marina right next door the boats are going in and out .so alot of noise and small waves..
    Think I'll take a nap..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the quiet and the relaxation Allie! Oops, ahhh she's napping.. 😴😴🙃😁
    Rebecca, tip toeing back in and silently not banging the screen door.💖
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Rebecca- i tried napping sorta hard with a barky dog but feel a bit more rested..
    The boats are trucking along out there.. and the birds are twittering away.
    There is an old country store that i go to everytime i come up so I stopped there for a little bit..got myself a t-shirt and a sweatshirt and a few odds and ends that i like. And what I bring home will get rid of 5-6 other things
    Jean and I had a nice time together. This place changes her,this is her happy place..
    We were talking about the next generation ,that most of them things ,material things,sentimental things that we have dont hold any attachments to them and will end up in a tag sale or a landfill somewhere.
    So the things I treasure now. I shall treasure and other stuff that doesn't mean anything gets chucked.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Awe, Allie its fun to get treats now and then for yourself. You do so much for others, 24/7 its nice to see you think of yourself.💖👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    My right knee is giving me trouble. It's the same knee that's 'twinged' a couple of times recently. Currently it's very uncomfortable, but I can still walk. Like a rheumatic flare up. Boo! Usually these things pass with rest, sleep and time. Here's hoping! :o;)

Kate - Have you had to pay extra on your insurance for your holiday? I'm sure your gallstones op will be fine. I was back at work after not much more than a week.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    B)
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Yay! All caught up on reading, but now need to go get some stuff done so time to comment!
    Barbie, thanks for another month!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies! Oh, and welcome back to the returnees!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Beth)))
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    When I sold my rental, I kept a couple of things that I still use, and the rest, including all the contents of the loft, were hauled away by a company that empties houses. I had to pay them, but it was such a load off my mind. They were amazing and worked so hard.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    September Goals ... Like Lisa, I've stopped putting numbers on my goals. Lost 3 pounds in August. So the goal will be to be lighter at the end of September. My budget got shot to h@@l this month too, btw.

Karen VA ... I do remember your grandson with autism. Wonderful that he is doing well in a brick&mortar school now! Thank you, too, for reposting Pip's link.

DeCluttering ... I'm always trying to declutter, but I'm now just completely overwhelmed. This weekend we closed my mom's assisted living apartment, emptying the contents into a 15ft UHaul truck that we just unloaded into a temporary storage unit. My basement is FULL of her clothes, dry pantry/food items that need stored and then a pallet stacked with the things my dad wanted me to keep before he passed away that I wouldn't store in a unit. I get rid of my stuff to replace it with other people's stuff. It's just for a season, but still. The next step will be to reassess everything once my mom has ended her insurance provided skilled nursing. Either she'll be moved to a private skilled nursing facility near me or to a new assisted living apartment. In either case, she will not be able to use everything I just brought back to NY. Interestingly, in the harsh light of day, everything looked so shabby. Made me sad. Definitely motivated me to get rid of things I'm hanging on to of my own.

Beth near Buffalo

I just got another Donation , was that you Beth?? If so, thanks so much! I’m over $600 now!!!

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Just got back from Yogi’s first actual swimming pool dip! He was a champ!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Goals for August
    ✅ - Be lighter: I was 167 on the first of August and 166 the last day. These days I'm happy to see progress. This is tied tightly to the next goal.
    ✅ - Be healthier: I certainly hope so, but it's a tightrope these days. More later for the inquiring minds.
    ✅ - Stick to the budget: Between the chunk of cash laid out for the air conditioner fix, and a few other unexpected expenses, we're a bit over, but not as bad as it could have been. Hope for fewer unexpected expenses this month, but am incredibly grateful that we have the means to be able to pay for the A/C - it's a lifesaver in literal terms for me now.

My September goals remain the same - be lighter, be healthier and stick to the budget. For the new folks with us, setting specific, numbered goals was one of the things I decided to stop doing when I found myself feeling that I was a failure if I only lost a pound, or we went over the budget by just a few dollars or I ate a calorie past my limit. When I backed off of beating myself up about these things, it removed a lot of the stress and negative self-talk. Lots of peace in that.

More later - I'm about to cut up our first watermelon of the season, and want to find a recipe for pickled watermelon rind--a blast from the past from my childhood.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I just noticed your donation, thx so much!!

• pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

housecleaning etc- 3hrs 6min 48sec, vacuum dust, laundry fold and put away, make hummingbird food, sweep front patio and entryway, clean/refill front fountain and birdbath, water plants put new shower curtain liner on= 878c
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well tonight im laying in my brothers bed that has a slider out to the deck ,so i can listen to the birds and the boats.. and hopefully later the loons another one of my favorite birds.
    Ive taken my evening meds and will go to sleep a bit earlier as it will be raining when i leave in the morning.. i dont like driving in the rain.. so will take it slow and with all the running around Alfie did this weekend he will sleep for a week ha ha..
    Jean sent me a picture of where they are sitting for the concert.. she got great seats and its a sold out show.. hope they have an awesome time.