Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Have a sleeping baby laying on top of me on this rainy day..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Well, it didn't rain. :#
    My son picked us all up anyway and DH went with him to pick up Bea. I have bought gluten free Millionaire 's Shortbread to give to my son and Edie. Max is with me learning Japanese on Duolingo. I have been doing my Norwegian.
    Beginning to look gloomy out there. But they should make it back to the car in time.

Just had bread and peanut butter. :o

Love Heather UK
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options
    Alexa just said it is going to be 109 here and 111 in Napa today. Thought it was going to start being a little cooler, guess not.
    Won't be doing my normal walk the wetlands at noon each day
    Need to get dressed and get out in the garden- pick some cucumbers before they get too big, like the last ones.
    Woke up early- someone from Penn. called my cell phone and woke me up at 7:20AM-

Will finish my tea, letting Kitaro play out of his pen. He is loving running all over. Jumping at something-tiny but can jump straight up about 3 feet or more.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Just posted a very nice ceramic platter on Freecycle. DH'S ex mother in law gave it to us for a present years ago and I've used it once. Don't host those kind of big gatherings or parties anymore. I've got other platters.
    Just happy to pass it on. When she gave it to us my heart sank. I don't dislike it, it's fine, it just is not quite right for our decor.
    tlox2dq28oax.jpg
    I'm feeling very good about the decluttering. I told the girls about throwing out the old Frozen cake decorations. They fondly remembered both their cakes, Frozen 1 for Edie and Frozen 2 for Bea, <3 But they weren't a bit upset about me binning the left over decs. :) Kids are so good about these things. They move on.

Got back from our whole day babysitting and I couldn't face cooking. Used my 25% off voucher to order delivery of fish and chips with mushy peas. Not exactly slimming, but I left some of the batter and it was very, very welcome. Had a Pernod with it. Childminding tends to do that to you. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Stats for the day-

outside bike ride- 1hr 55min 45sec, 341elev, 66aw, 13.4amph, 129ahr, 162mhr, 25.75mi= 928c
    Strava app = 510c
    Walk home to gym- 11.52min, .52mi= 62c
    Strava app = 120c
    Elliptical machine- 20min, 5incl & 5resist then increase by one after each song ended on 10incl and resist, 124ahr, 145mhr, 1.65mi= 201c
    Walk gym to salon then home- 21.34min, 1.11mi= 112c
    Strava app = 137c

Total cal 1303
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Took time and two phone calls, but there is now NO pile of paperwork on my desk. Do NOT look on the keyboard or the chair, under the rolltop or or or …

Pip could you upload the Yogi videos to YouTube? 80F at 5 am? SMH. :noway:
    Barbie and Karen, thanks for your wise compassionate words of guidance.
    Rita fish swimming upstream in the desert, beautiful pics of an apt metaphor for the tough times in life…
    Katla meanwhile are there any windows in your new facility through which you can watch the birds or where you could put a hummingbird feeder? After months of no visitors we now have two, one who perches to drink and another who hovers. They are grey with black trim. The larger might have a reddish patch at the base of his throat.
    Debbie the temps in your area are so much hotter than I remember them ever being. Joe showed me this article with Farifield hitting 116F the highest Bay Area temperature… ever! :cry: https://www.sfchronicle.com/weather/article/California-heat-wave-Live-updates-17416492.php “Livermore joined Fairfield with the unwelcome distinction of having the highest-ever temperature in the Bay Area on Monday: 116 degrees. Livermore's previous record was 115 degrees in 1950, according to the National Weather Service.”
    Sue in WA “fly predators” ? Venus flytraps?
    Viv, thanks for clarifying Dana from a Slob comes clean, Cas from Clutterbug and Dawn the minimal mom joined forces for the Take Your House Back course. Will check them out.
    Karen, My immediate reaction to the group home owner’s opening your brother’s mail and taking his SocSec card is outrage. Could you call the police and have them try to recover it? OR would that endanger your brother. Theft and abuse are crimes. :rage: Guess I need to meditate more. . .
    Ginny thanks for beating me to it and for the link.
    Machka I’m almost afraid to take the clutterbug test
    https://clutterbug.me/what-clutterbug-are-you-test
    Carol Bravo to your DH for quitting smoking, it is key. I too put too much emphasis on how many calories are in my meals, so I can see if there’s room to squeeze in a treat. I’d be better off to just focus on healthy foods and, as Barbie says, not use food as reward or entertainment. Of course he has to come to this himself, if he’s anything like Joe, his wife can’t tell him anything ;) Would he wear any kind of fitness tracker? Hahahah. A pox on all scammers. Double pox.
    Mary surprised homes in your area didn’t sell, but so glad you were able to raise the rent and are happy with the way things turned out. Poignant that about the cribbage board.
    Margaret hope your symptoms remain mild and your DH uninfected.
    Allie what you said about our age and losses. :cry: Saw floods in RI on the news yesterday and was really glad to see you made it home safe and sound.
    Heather can’t wait to see the heraldic shields! Amazing what YOU can do in 5 minutes. Brava!

At the Celtic fair last weekend, my goddaughter’s 11 yr old boy “won” a kit for designing his own coat of arms. The organizers did a great job, giving all kids a sheet of paper with a dozen squares, one for each clan present. On the back were 5 questions for the kids to answer. As they visited each clan’s booth to get their sheet stamped, they could ask their questions. The booth tenders were great, not giving answers straight out but giving clues for the kid to figure out the answer for themselves. One even intentionally gave the wrong answer, teaching the research lesson of check multible sources… and read all the way to the bottom of instructions where there was a clue. ;)

It was a lovely afternoon, the venue was well shaded, my god daughter is a great hugger and her son is funny and smart though shy. Thankful her husband stayed home with the other 3 boys and 2 girls :naughty:. I got to enjoy the sensation of being a mom and gran’ without having had to pay the dues… ;)

Done:
    Updated: 9/5: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline. active mins:328 steps:7712
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: 9+ almonds, artichoke, cacao 70%, cherries, cornmeal in Fritos, pecans, tomato sauce, tea, wheat-pizza. CI<CO=461
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hymns, two loads laundry, 3 hrs Part B reconciliation, 55 mins grooming Tumble & Shadow, freezer purge pizza sauce & crust, pantry purge Fritos. Wt: 140.0
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Took time and two phone calls, but there is now NO pile of paperwork on my desk. Do NOT look on the keyboard or the chair, under the rolltop or or or …

Pip could you upload the Yogi videos to YouTube? 80F at 5 am? SMH. :noway:
    Barbie and Karen, thanks for your wise compassionate words of guidance.
    Rita fish swimming upstream in the desert, beautiful pics of an apt metaphor for the tough times in life…
    Katla meanwhile are there any windows in your new facility through which you can watch the birds or where you could put a hummingbird feeder? After months of no visitors we now have two, one who perches to drink and another who hovers. They are grey with black trim. The larger might have a reddish patch at the base of his throat.
    Debbie the temps in your area are so much hotter than I remember them ever being. Joe showed me this article with Farifield hitting 116F the highest Bay Area temperature… ever! :cry: https://www.sfchronicle.com/weather/article/California-heat-wave-Live-updates-17416492.php “Livermore joined Fairfield with the unwelcome distinction of having the highest-ever temperature in the Bay Area on Monday: 116 degrees. Livermore's previous record was 115 degrees in 1950, according to the National Weather Service.”
    Sue in WA “fly predators” ? Venus flytraps?
    Viv, thanks for clarifying Dana from a Slob comes clean, Cas from Clutterbug and Dawn the minimal mom joined forces for the Take Your House Back course. Will check them out.
    Karen, My immediate reaction to the group home owner’s opening your brother’s mail and taking his SocSec card is outrage. Could you call the police and have them try to recover it? OR would that endanger your brother. Theft and abuse are crimes. :rage: Guess I need to meditate more. . .
    Ginny thanks for beating me to it and for the link.
    Machka I’m almost afraid to take the clutterbug test
    https://clutterbug.me/what-clutterbug-are-you-test
    Carol Bravo to your DH for quitting smoking, it is key. I too put too much emphasis on how many calories are in my meals, so I can see if there’s room to squeeze in a treat. I’d be better off to just focus on healthy foods and, as Barbie says, not use food as reward or entertainment. Of course he has to come to this himself, if he’s anything like Joe, his wife can’t tell him anything ;) Would he wear any kind of fitness tracker? Hahahah. A pox on all scammers. Double pox.
    Mary surprised homes in your area didn’t sell, but so glad you were able to raise the rent and are happy with the way things turned out. Poignant that about the cribbage board.
    Margaret hope your symptoms remain mild and your DH uninfected.
    Allie what you said about our age and losses. :cry: Saw floods in RI on the news yesterday and was really glad to see you made it home safe and sound.
    Heather can’t wait to see the heraldic shields! Amazing what YOU can do in 5 minutes. Brava!

At the Celtic fair last weekend, my goddaughter’s 11 yr old boy “won” a kit for designing his own coat of arms. The organizers did a great job, giving all kids a sheet of paper with a dozen squares, one for each clan present. On the back were 5 questions for the kids to answer. As they visited each clan’s booth to get their sheet stamped, they could ask their questions. The booth tenders were great, not giving answers straight out but giving clues for the kid to figure out the answer for themselves. One even intentionally gave the wrong answer, teaching the research lesson of check multible sources… and read all the way to the bottom of instructions where there was a clue. ;)

It was a lovely afternoon, the venue was well shaded, my god daughter is a great hugger and her son is funny and smart though shy. Thankful her husband stayed home with the other 3 boys and 2 girls :naughty:. I got to enjoy the sensation of being a mom and gran’ without having had to pay the dues… ;)

Done:
    Updated: 9/5: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline. active mins:328 steps:7712
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: 9+ almonds, artichoke, cacao 70%, cherries, cornmeal in Fritos, pecans, tomato sauce, tea, wheat-pizza. CI<CO=461
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hymns, two loads laundry, 3 hrs Part B reconciliation, 55 mins grooming Tumble & Shadow, freezer purge pizza sauce & crust, pantry purge Fritos. Wt: 140.0
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.

September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I have never had an account with u tube

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    it was 112 while we stood out in the sun, waiting for the kids to get out of school. Ezie's class is always the last one to come out and she is always the last in her class. They got out 7 min. late which isn't a big deal usually but it seemed a lot longer standing there.

a friend up in Cloverdale just posted- her thermometer says 120 right now.
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Barbara - Alas Max wasn't interested in the heraldic shields idea, but they played a tiny bit of Risk and then did some Ninja puzzles. Fiendishly difficult, according to DH. What a trooper he is. He also played a Harry Potter game with Bea and was the stooge for Max's audio mix for scary/soothing sounds. I just watch in admiration. :D<3 I did do some Japanese with Max. And cooked lunch.
    DH fell asleep on the sofa this evening, a nap well deserved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Barbara- northern Oregon coastie- luckily didn't have to go through Providence in Rhode Island ,but that is the way we go to the Cape..
    Started sneezing again so took some cold and flu meds and will go to sleep early.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    After trying to get MFP on my phone through the Apple store, I got an email from an outfit called Geek Squad. They said I had ordered something for my PC that was $300+ and I had 48 hrs to cancel the order. I called the listed number and talked to a young man (could hear talking/phones in the background) who seemed to be trying to get me in a place where they could take over my computer. I hung up and did some search on Google (wish I had done that to start with) and found out that others had received this scam. I will be very careful about going to the Apple App from now on. I sent a message to my bank telling them that I thought I had been scammed. Since I didn't give the person on the number listed any bank/credit card information, I am just hoping for no repercussion. Oh the problems of living in this world today. :s:'(

Carol in GA

That's a very common scam these days. I've been getting those sorts of calls quite frequently over the past year or so.

They go to my voice mail. I delete them and have never called them back. But a lot of people I know have. A funny one happened on the bus ... they wanted him to go to his computer but of course he was on the bus ... and their whole script unravelled.

Valid businesses won't make those sorts of calls.

Can you create a new account on your laptop and then access it on the phone?

M in Oz