Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Took my nap.. but still tired.. made a sandwich and Alfie and I are in bed .will make it an early night...have to take care of mr Miles in the am
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,962 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    SOOO hot- 104 at almost 4 pm. Had to drop food off at MIL's house- car said 111. AC felt great once it cooled off. Now back at home and no AC here. It should start to cool down soon.

43y2mknvuih2.png

Loved being able to just drop and run with the food- told dh to just call me Meals on Wheels.

I will eat later- pan fried steak, made rice, corn and salad to go with it. Right now, all I want is my seltzer- drinking out of the SodaStream bottle- second one today.
    It will be more comfortable, temp wise when son and his girlfriend both get off work.

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Nice day here today. DD is experimenting with making potato salad for dinner. We will have hamburgers and corn with it.

We had 2 projects planned for today and both are done. We replaced the water and air filters in the refrigerator and got the fly predators put out in the paddock. Also spent some time picking up poop in the paddock. Usually I try to pick up on a more regular basis but with my gimpy ankle it was difficult this summer. It goes into the compost and helps keep flies down near the house.

Allie - glad you had a good trip to the lake.

Katla - I have started a chair yoga class on zoom. It is done through my cousin's church but I'm sure you could something on YouTube. That might be good for the time being.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,562 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Right now it’s 108. Supposed to be 115 tomorrow and it’s my turn to ride. We’ve been leaving at around 6am to walk yogi and to go ride. I think I will leave at about 5-5:30 am, it will be in the 70’s for sure and it will be nice. I just checked the hourly and it will be 80 at 5am.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    💞
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,230 Member
    Options
    We had torrential rain at midnight, then nothing. The sky is blue right now at 6.30 am. The forecast is still 95% rain for this afternoon, but I hope we haven't been crying wolf for my poor son. DH didn't drive to the cricket yesterday and that decision was right. Rain stopped play for 3 hours in Hampshure, but we were dry and very warm here. We often have dryer weather than the forecast because of the South Downs and the sea.
    I hate giving my son more work as we are meant to be helping, not adding to the stress. Our city streets are crowded at school pick up times. Oh well. I suppose I hope it is really bucketing down at 2.45 pm and then I won't feel bad. :*:| Basically, they need someone in the house with Bea. Max is OK for a while because his mum is in the shed! :D

Max is arriving at 9, so I need to get myself presentable. DH is thinking of designing heraldic shields with him. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I had five minutes before Max arrived, so, inspired by all of you declutterers, I decided to take a baby step in the utility room. It is the one really disorganised area, apart from the garage loft. Found an exploded diet coke tin and brown mess to clear up. I note I have a habit of buying things in bulk and leaving the stuff in boxes, even when I'm down to the last two things. :o Threw away boxes and also Christmas paper that all but Bea have outgrown. Wonderful!!!!! :D:D:D Can't believe how much I got done in five minutes! Lots still to sort through. I am a Ladybug type, organised and tidy on the surface, but a bit messy in non public areas. I'm improving though, because we have moved so many times recently.
    I need DH to help with the garage loft because it involves ladders and climbing. :o

Max still not here.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Can't believe how much I got done in five minutes! Lots still to sort through. I am a Ladybug type, organised and tidy on the surface, but a bit messy in non public areas. I'm improving though, because we have moved so many times recently.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

I'm a Cricket with borderline Bee tendencies.

https://clutterbug.me/what-clutterbug-are-you-test

Machka in Oz

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Karen-It would totally mess up brother's living situation, but she/he is committing a crime. Undoubtedly she/he is doing the same to others. I hope he/she is not stealing money from them. On a brighter note-glad to hear your GS is doing so much better. My nephew, who sounds like his autism is more severe also has shown tremendous progress with proper care and work.

Rita-"feeling like fish trying to swim upstream" gave me a thought. At first, of course, it is how incredibly difficult swimming upstream is. The second was-how much stronger do we become in swimming upstream? I'm doing a terrible job of expressing the thought-but I believe we do become stronger working through the difficult situations in our lives. I believe with perseverance we can make it through.

Tracey-very tragic news for Canada-I hope second suspect is apprehended soon.

Today is a work from home day, which can make long weekend seem longer. I am actually taking advantage of the option and think it is good for me. I can actually focus on some things more at home without the office distractions. Have doctor appointment at 7:45 and therapy at 8:45-I hope doctor is on time this early in the morning!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Debbie-Kitaro ís adorable. I'm glad you have something cute to focus on!
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Of course, I continued on with the decluttering. :p It's beginning to look like I've made a difference! Max and DH are engrossed in Risk.
    No rain yet.

Karen - do you have any kind of legal authority to act for your brother? Can you put that in place? In any case I would be gently suggesting the police might be getting involved

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Totally knackered! Chucked out bbd 2012 spices and exotic Persian and Mexican ingredients for meals I never cooked and never will. Dried rose petals anyone?
    Here is a positive thought for the day.
    igvltgii72ss.jpg

:D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx