WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Got another donation, up to $655! It was an anonymous donor, thank you if it came from here!

Pip
    - is there a way to make a donation without going through the page/link - a place to send a check perhaps? If so, where and who should it be made out to?

B)

Yes, make chk payable to MS Society
    My address is
    975 E Foxhill Dr
    Fresno CA 93720. My name is Isabel schlotterback
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) The path to clearing out clutter and letting go of all the stuff from mother and grandmother was a long path. It was not unlike embracing a new spirituality or letting go of an addiction. It took months of study and learning from those who had taken the path ahead of me. I didn't just "decide" to declutter, let go of memories, follow a new spiritual path, or let go of a life long addiction. I listened to podcasts by "The Minimalists", read their books, read books they recommended, looked for more books and audiobooks at my library, and contemplated what I heard and read. There is no easy solution nor will the same solution fit everyone. I read a lot of things that didn't fit me and discarded them.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Wisdom this.

While we can glean useful information from others, how we handle our belongings and heirlooms is unique to each of us.

What may be freeing for one individual may cause angst for another.

Karen in Virginia
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    SCARY, SCARY, Tracey! I heard they were suggesting some neighboring provinces shelter too. Did that include Alberta? WHAT is wrong with some people?
    Prayers to everyone.

SO true, Karen. Got rid of some more "things" yesterday. YAY ME!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Did a quick dash before the rain arrives as I realised I hadn't got anything suitable for an 11 year old boy to eat! We were going to walk and talk and.eat out with Max tomorrow, but heavy rain is forecast so we will be staying in. I'm going to have to chat with my son about the Bea pickup as well. How to organise it so we don't get soaked.
    Ended up having a lovely long chat with the wife in the deli about secondary schools.

Cleaner here. Best money I ever spend. She's not perfect, but it saves on my resentment and therefore creates marital harmony.

DH'S daughter is coming for the night with a friend in a couple of weeks. I am working on being less anxious about it. I will let DH sort out the food and logistics. I will eat my lunch at the normal time and let them do what they want. I can't wait and eat late as I am hypoglycaemic. Not a pretty sight.

I sent off my article to the Guardian this morning. Phew!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Max cycled up to the top of Devil's Dy ke this morning with his mum. :D<3
    qcdk1nmi69gw.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

• pipcd34
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Reading but not much to say.

RvRita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara— We are currently in Illinois. DH is getting excellent support in this facility. He had a heart attack in July & he is doing very well here. We plan to go home when DH is ready.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Viv - Is Take Your House Back a show or book?

Heather - it takes a lot of creativity to make board games and sometimes a lot of patience from the adult playing with them.
    My Grandson enjoys making board games his rule changes drive us all insane though. It’s mostly because he wants us to play before he has it all planned.

Lanette - I think of those letters and stuff and wish my grandmother would have kept some of hers. I think I’ve gotten rid of all of mine years ago.

Kelly - what a beautiful gift, the thought and love that went into that is incredible.

Rebecca - I bet your sister would love that. You could make a little scrapbook with all of your papers and stickers.

Rosemarie - I hope that your family lets you get a little break and that your caregiver shows up.

Terri - I love your poem

Heather - I love your bowl. We watch The Great Pottery Throwdown here. I’m so glad you’ve signed up for another class. Letting go of perfectionism is difficult, I have that issue as well.
    I should do that with some jewelry I have. My grandmother gave me an opal and pearl ring that was her Aunt’s. It’s beautiful, but I lost one of the pearls and it would be more than the worth of ring to replace that pearl.
    I had an idea a few years ago to have earrings and a pendant made. I talked to my grandmother about it and she gave me some old gold rings that she had to help with the cost. She told me the story of all of them though and I’ve never been able to do anything with them. I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately though so I should go talk to a jeweller. I owe myself something from my inheritance from her so I could use it towards this.
    I have her pearls too, and I don’t know if they should be insured or not. I need to have them looked at too.

Carla - I had my husband bring in a tote yesterday for me to go through. It has been in a storage shed for 6 years unopened. They are quilts and such my grandmother made. I still don’t know what to do with them.
    I have been able to get rid of a lot of other sentimental stuff by deciding that it should be loved and honoured somewhere not just buried away.

I need to go through some more things to decide again.

Pip - that trolley is beautiful. I just love it. You should be very proud of yourself.

Sue - Glad your power came in before your horse went wandering.

Karen - I was quite ruthless when we went from 2400 square feet (including the finished basement) to a mobile home about 720 square feet in total.
    I need to go through again and see what else I can get rid of. My tastes have changed some and my attitude towards stuff has as well.
    I do remember your Grandson, so happy to hear he is doing well.

Barbara - Having a need for something I just disposed of drives me batty! I do it way too often though.

Ginny - I always wanted a train set too. I don’t have a place for it anymore. :(

Had another camping night last night with the Grands at our youngest daughter’s. Our eldest, mother of the Grands, was going on a romantic date according to Michaela (6). According to Lauryn’s FB post they are too old, she is 33 he is 36, for a 10pm movie start and went home after dinner instead of the movie.

My cousin’s granddaughter who lost her parents in the last three years joined us with her 2 month old and 3 year old.

a6jqmuh2gu59.jpeg
    p9yvstafb1nv.jpeg

Tragic news out of our neighbouring province today.

Tracey in Edmonton

She is my sister holed up in her basement, not able to walk much anymore. I am sure she has photos somewhere, but isn't able to dig around and locate them. Part of me wants to get a box and just put them all lose in there, for her to fumble and dig around. Touching things is important to her. Having her stuff around her makes her happy. I am more than ok with just taking a photo of everything and saving it on my phone. I can download into something like a photo stick or whatever. When I return from my eldest sister's place, I will focus on that.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

Tina “You just have to eat them faster because they go stale quicker.” Made me snort my water.

There, finally finished August. Will pick up with September tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Now that I re-read that comment, it is kind of funny. It is also true. Fortunately, the recipe only makes a dozen and a half or so, depending on how big you make them.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Dh has now spent two nights here at home in the last three months- Friday and again last night- Lied to his mom telling her he was working, just to be able to come to his own bed and sleep- this really has to stop but that is on him. Both mornings he got up early to go back to her house at the time he would be getting off work.

I am having my tea and checking in here. He is over there, waiting for me to come walk the dog then go shopping- T-bone steaks on sale at one store for $4.99 a pound and I will get a big bag of salad there then over to his store to get corn .12cents each.
    Going to be really hot here soon so should go walk the dog- forecast says 103 today here- heat wave all week.

New kitten is doing well- named him Kitaro- "happy boy" He comes when I call his name. Letting him out of his pen more and more. Still has to be in there at night or when I am gone. Don't want him getting out into the catio extension . The wire is wider on that part and worry he could get right through it as he is still pretty little- it is fine for the other cats.
    xicywjtnfuhd.png

Gave flea baths to two of the other cats yesterday- one actually seemed to enjoy it, the other, not so much- was grumbling at me all afternoon but I know she has to feel better. Got soaked washing her but with it being so hot, I didn't really mind, and dried off quickly.

Ok, stalled long enough- Lets see how much crazy is going on with MIL- she has been a bit better when they uped her one med (pain med/anti-depressant) Told him to make sure she never runs out of that one.

Have a wonderful Monday ladies.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Ive been home for about an hour and a half.im beat so going to take a nap.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Tracey - DH has the patience of a saint. :o Bea cannot bear to be beaten and just cheats flagrantly and outrageously. Edie is sneaky and Max makes everything complicated. I just leave them to get on with it and they all seem to have a wonderful time!

My son has made some sensible decisions about tomorrow. He is going to pick Max and us up, take us all back to their house and then drive to collect the girls. He will bring Bea back to the house before he drives Edie to her cello lesson. Then the girls have swimming not far from us at 5.15, so he can drop us off. Phew! No soaking for us. :p A lot of work for him. Modern day family life.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Stats for the day-

walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 27min 9sec, 23elev, 4.11ap, 121ahr, 161mhr, 6.02mi= 634c
    Strava app = 738c
    Walk home to gym- 11.47min, .55mi= 52c
    Strava app =68c
    Stairclimber- 10min, 121ahr, 137mhr, 594steps, 37floors= 89c
    Treadmill jog - 9.43min, 6.0-7.2sp, 109ahr, 168mhr, 9.43min mi, 1mi= 116c
    Walk gym to home- 12.33min, .55mi= 64c
    Strava app = 67c

Total cal 955

I think I’m going to do some of the ride outdoors and then the rest indoors on the spin bike on the day of my virtual MS Ride on the 10th. Maybe 40 or 50 outside and the rest 20 and 10 inside to make the 60. I might start riding like 5 in the morning so I can get done early. I still have a lot of likes so I will be seen at night when I start
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Katla--Sorry you are upset with your daughter. You have had a lot of change to deal with in a short amount of time. Be kind to yourself. I guess I am confused as I thought your daughter was building you a house by them.
    Heather--Your bowl looks great. Sure looks great for your first time.
    Welcome back Kate UK--The important thing is to not give up and take it One Day at a Time.
    Karen--I do remember when you were working with your DGS and his school. Great to hear he is doing well and I know that in part is because of you and working with him.
    Tracey--Your camp out sounds like a lot of fun and bonding time. I do watch the news so did not hear what happened.
    Weekend just flew by, today both DH and I are working.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3