• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Barbie- im so sorry I forgot to say Im so very sorry about Bernie.. gosh it's never easy losing a furbaby..
    Well I talked to Tom last night,seems he has texted me back and i haven't gotten his texts..really odd,and a friend of mine has called me 4 times and 3 times it went to voicemail.. should i have my.phone checked out?
    I will go over next Friday at around 6:30 or so to get Homer out as Elena's daughter's wedding is at 5 so .. I'll just bring Alfie with me and let him run around a little bit.

make sure it is not on "Do not Disturb"-
    Mine happened to get on that and I missed a few messages until I figured it out.

Also make sure it is not on flight mode.

And check your ringtone choices and volume.

• Machka9
    Options
    Sewing to patterns - My home economics teacher despaired of trying to teach me to sew. I broke every sewing machine she ever put me in front of, and when I broke the belt on the treadle machine that was her last resort, she gave up on me. My year's project ended up being arranging my family photo album. :smiley:

She would find it amazing that one of my first paying jobs was at Mize Sewing Factory, where I worked on the pattern cutting line. I stunk on ice at it, but they did pay me for the work. :smiley: She would be triply amazed that I design and make quilts.

Lisa in AR

I couldn't sew in school and to this day the most sewing I do is to sew a button back on once in a blue moon.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    lawn is mowed, veggies picked from the garden- hit my 10K steps, just need to do another 1/2 mile to hit 5 miles for the day. Pretty good for a day I was planning on not walking at all.

Was getting a little snacky-(not really hungry but wanted to eat something) so ate a big cucumber and a tomato that I just picked.
    A bit too early for dinner for me. If I eat this early, I will for sure be snacking before bed time.
    Dh is coming home at 8 from his mom's then going to work at 3AM- need to get to sleep before he does so I can sleep and not have to hear the snoring or I will be on the couch until he leaves.

Do you use ear plugs?

We both need to and I find mine great for blocking out all sorts of noise. My husband can snore (with his head in the opposite corner from me in our sleeping room), Rhody can meow, kids can be dropped off by all the driving parents at the nearby school, and I hear nothing!

My eye mask also helps ... blocks any light that might disturb me.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Honestly, you can work it out for yourself. Just make sure you are not using the professional options, or you have to pay. I used to really worry about 'getting it wrong', but the grandchildren have taught me so much about just getting in there and having a try. You can't really make mistakes in the virtual world and it doesn't matter if you do! Just experiment, muck it up, and try again. :p<3
    I also like the Polish photo app.
    Both of them want you to pay for them, so you get progressively fewer free options and more adverts, like Duolingo, but I am not able to pay, so I soldier on. I use both for my Instagram posts. I have to progress to proper, longer, 'reels' soon, but I haven't grasped the nettle. Baby steps. I just tell myself I'm 'only playing '. :p

Bad night's sleep. I don't do well when I have a lot on my plate. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Machka - Sorry about all the medical problems. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Katla: Good your DH is at his rehab place. I hope he feels like wearing his clothes soon.

DLFK: Congrats on getting your 5 miles in

Annie: Great work on the dumb bells!

Machka: Great going on the gardening!

Lanette: Sorry you are down with Covid...hope this passes quickly. The Shake the Sugar challenge has made me realize that some of the food I get from a diet company has okay calories but too many carbs for a person my age. I need to rethink my diet completely. This food is minimal preparation which is great for caretaking, but too many carbs.

Heather: Love the Bowl!

drkatiebug: Yes food has gotten expensive! So smart of you to incorporate some of your Dad's food into your own recipes!

Barbie: I did not know that about Coke...makes me not want to drink it as much. Makes me feel like I am being used for corporate greed!

Tracey: I love Michaela's glasses. Much better than the dull brown's I was given as a child.

Rori: Lol: I remember seeing Jackson Browne in concert! Another lifetime ago!

Karen: Going to the birthday party was a good idea. I hope you both met some nice people.

RV Rita: Hope your Dental problems are over with soon and you can get back to things you enjoy!

Carol: I am wearing my hair longer again since the pandemic. I never thought I would have my hair longer...in a page boy type thing at this age but I do. It looks as good as any other cut does and I can use my bangs to cover the worry lines on my forehead! Cheaper than Botox!

Barbie from NW WA: Sorry again about the passing of Bernie. The loss of a pet is a heart break.

Well it is 2:20 am and I have slept 3 hours. My son is coming in the morning and I have some cleaning to do and I need to go early to pick up my husband's medication. If I could sleep, I could probably have a relaxing day tomorrow. I would love a walk and to maybe do some calligraphy. Every day there are administrative tasks for the caretaking. Tomorrow might be a good day to take a break while my son is here.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - Sorry about all the medical problems. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

The most annoying part of mine is that the numbness happens when I exercise. I finish a 50 km bicycle ride, and I've got no feeling in my lower legs and feet!!

It's really weird. Thousands and thousands of kilometres of cycling, and all of a sudden this!

And it's similar with running and walking too. I was going to start doing some runs a few months ago ... had even signed up for one ... but didn't go because I didn't feel anywhere near ready because my feet and legs were going numb when I ran. So frustrating!

Brisk walks of 5+ km will do it too.

M in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Good morning ladies

I had a good time at the fundraising night last night. The raffle alone raised over £300 towards the roof appeal. Not sure what the overall total will be yet. The meal was lovely, and I even won a raffle prize - an Aroma Diffuser :)

Terri hope the ferry trip over the water to Liverpool was calm, enjoy your trip to UK, where abouts are you going again?

Pip congratulations on the successful cataract surgery.

Machka 1 and half hours in the garden, in addition to cycling, made me tired just thinking about it.

Lanette sorry to hear you have Covid, hope you feel better soon.

Heather lovely bowl, pretty colours.

RV Rita hope you feel better once the tooth has been extracted. I've heard sinus infections can be very painful.

Well, I need to get ready, taking mum to visit her sister this morning, I’m making a few sandwiches for our lunch. My aunt has had a new patio fitted and we are going to have a nosey, we might even get to sit outside on it today as the weather forecast is for a warm and sunny day. :D

Take care and love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Went in the pool this afternoon but it started to rain. So I went to Kohl’s looking for Halloween earrings. They were on sale. Then to Bed Bath and Beyond because my candy thermometer bit the dust. Fortunately, I know what the milk should look like when it comes up to temp and how it feels when it comes down when making yogurt. Then needed gas so decided to stop in WalMart to see if they had Vince’s ice cream (which they didn’t) and found a cheaper pair of Halloween earrings so I’ll take one pair back to Kohl’s next time I get in that area

Michele NC

I recently discovered that I can skip the boil step when I am making yogurt in my IP as long as I am using a fresh ultra-pasteurized product. I just add the yogurt starter to cold milk or half & half and start the incubation process. Huge time saver. The quality of the yogurt is excellent.

• KetoneKaren
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Tracey, Michaela in her new glasses - adorable! Can't get much cuter than that!

I feel so sorry for your daughter's friend. I have a feeling we will get this straightened out and no criminal history or anything else devastating has popped up to deal with. It's just another bump in the road but is aggravating.

I love that you and Rodger are renewing your relationship. It's heartwarming.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Friday --

Nerve conduction test in my legs and feet. Evidently my nerves appear reasonably good but I may have lost some function in the nerves we're most concerned about.

About 6 months ago, the tops of my feet, and up the outer sides of my legs to my knees started going numb when cycling longer distances, when running, and when walking longer distances. They also go numb at other times too, at least once a day. And it's not just that those areas are numb, there's also this sharp pins and needles thing going on in places too which is rather uncomfortable.

The thinking now is that it is the superficial peroneal nerve, possibly being pinched at the knee.
    Why? We're not sure yet. I will want an MRI to check my knees. That's one of the few areas I haven't had MRI'd in recent months. But the suggestion has been made that I may have a cyst in there somewhere.

I also want my brain cyst MRI'd again. I have a choroid fissure cyst in the vicinity of my left temporal lobe which was 14 mm in diameter back in November 2018, but it hasn't been looked at since. It's probably a long shot, that it could be causing issues, but you never know.

Plus did a bit of shopping.

Among other things, we picked up another hebe plant because ours died this winter. :(

It's cool and rainy out there today, so any additional exercise we do will involve going downstairs.

My husband is transitioning between two epilepsy medications which is (I think) having a detrimental effect on his movement, balance, mood, etc.

Machka in Oz

Machka, it's bilateral? Does it affect both lower extremities equally? I'm glad you are getting some studies done. I agree that your brain issue is a long shot, this sounds like a peripheral problem, but it's notable that it is bilateral. Do you have back pain? Do you have sensation changes above the knee or is it all confined to below the knee? Did you ever have bilateral pneumatic compression devices after surgery? Do you wear tight knee length boots on a regular basis?

Curious Karen

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Oh, Katla, I see you are up in the wee hours. Big hugs for you, hope your husband is continuing to improve. Thinking of you each and every day.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Friday --

Nerve conduction test in my legs and feet. Evidently my nerves appear reasonably good but I may have lost some function in the nerves we're most concerned about.

About 6 months ago, the tops of my feet, and up the outer sides of my legs to my knees started going numb when cycling longer distances, when running, and when walking longer distances. They also go numb at other times too, at least once a day. And it's not just that those areas are numb, there's also this sharp pins and needles thing going on in places too which is rather uncomfortable.

The thinking now is that it is the superficial peroneal nerve, possibly being pinched at the knee.
    Why? We're not sure yet. I will want an MRI to check my knees. That's one of the few areas I haven't had MRI'd in recent months. But the suggestion has been made that I may have a cyst in there somewhere.

I also want my brain cyst MRI'd again. I have a choroid fissure cyst in the vicinity of my left temporal lobe which was 14 mm in diameter back in November 2018, but it hasn't been looked at since. It's probably a long shot, that it could be causing issues, but you never know.

Plus did a bit of shopping.

Among other things, we picked up another hebe plant because ours died this winter. :(

It's cool and rainy out there today, so any additional exercise we do will involve going downstairs.

My husband is transitioning between two epilepsy medications which is (I think) having a detrimental effect on his movement, balance, mood, etc.

Machka in Oz

Machka, it's bilateral? Does it affect both lower extremities equally? I'm glad you are getting some studies done. I agree that your brain issue is a long shot, this sounds like a peripheral problem, but it's notable that it is bilateral. Do you have back pain? Do you have sensation changes above the knee or is it all confined to below the knee? Did you ever have bilateral pneumatic compression devices after surgery? Do you wear tight knee length boots on a regular basis?

Curious Karen

Yes, it is bilateral.
    But not equally. The right side is affected more than the left.
    I do have a very little bit back pain in the L5 area, so they have considered L5 Dermatone: https://www.healthline.com/health/dermatome#dermatomes-chart ... but the MRIs don't show damage there ... or anywhere in my back. My back is apparently in quite good shape for someone my age.
    No, I don't have sensation changes above the knee.
    I may have had bilateral pneumatic compression devices after surgery, but I haven't had surgery since 2020 when I had my deviated septum fixed, and they didn't use them out of the recovery room, so they wouldn't have used them very long ... and this just started up about 6 months ago.
    No, I don't wear tight knee length boots regularly. I do wear knee length boots occasionally but they aren't tight.

Also, my cycling shorts aren't that long. Some of my running knickers are kind of tight around the knee area but I didn't like that so last summer, I stopped wearing them and found some that are looser. I also don't cross my legs when I sit.

The thought now is that the superficial peroneal nerve is compromised where it splits from the sciatic nerve, on the lateral side of my right (and quite possibly left) knee. It does hurt there, and when the technician rapped on that spot, there was tingling down my leg where it goes numb.
    https://www.healthline.com/human-body-maps/superficial-peroneal-nerve#1

But why?

The only thing I can think of that changed last summer is that I started gardening. I did a lot of digging and ended up with a wicked back cramp at one point. I also did a lot of kneeling which I have pretty much never done in my entire life, or at least since my early teens when I damaged both knees. I had a foam thing to kneel on, but perhaps it wasn't enough.

Machka in Oz
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :) Thank you all for the hugs. How do you check if your "do not disturb" is on? I have an iPhone.
    Thanks,
    Betsy in NW WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options