Two-der-land

Options
I did nothing but sit around eating during the pandemic. I hit a high of 368 lbs. I knew I had to get serious about my weight. I have lost 69 lbs now. Today I hit 299. It feels good to be out of the 300s! I caught covid in the spring and it caused me to go into congestive heart failure. So, I have to keep going on this weight loss journey.

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    I did nothing but sit around eating during the pandemic. I hit a high of 368 lbs. I knew I had to get serious about my weight. I have lost 69 lbs now. Today I hit 299. It feels good to be out of the 300s! I caught covid in the spring and it caused me to go into congestive heart failure. So, I have to keep going on this weight loss journey.

This is fantastic progress...keep on pulling ahead and you will succeed! Covid is rough stuff and I am glad you made it through as I survived it too! I am 20 lbs from 199 and struggle with Hypothyroidism and Afib so I know the fight is real. Congrats to you and a big hug!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss! You are doing great!
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting to the 200s! I just got there recently too. I'm so sorry about your heart failure. You seem to have a great attitude!
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    congrats. Keep going! At the height of covid I weighed in at 329.6, so It can be done! you got this!
  • Inittothinit68
    Inittothinit68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My friend is in the 300+ range, has congestive heart failure and a whole bunch of problems...and I think has just given up although she says she hasn't. She doesn't believe she can lose weight without starvation. I'm SUPER glad you've made a change for the better. As someone with a loved one in your prior condition I can tell you that your friends and family are also super glad. :) So good for you!
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm about 40lb off getting into the 200's - really looking forward to it so you must be pleased!
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options

This is great news! Is there a group on MFP for people trying to get or just getting into Two Der Land? This popped into my feed this morning, and I feel SO encouraged!! That's amazing! What worked for you?
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    jst1986 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I'm about 40lb off getting into the 200's - really looking forward to it so you must be pleased!

I'm stuck at 317 and can't seem to get below it. I recently realized how weak I've become, and I need to change that! What are you doing that's working? I'm always looking for new ideas because I need all the help I can get!
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    JustRamona wrote: »
    congrats. Keep going! At the height of covid I weighed in at 329.6, so It can be done! you got this!

I was at 326 when I had a stroke, so I get that. I am trying to get the scale to move but it is stuck on 317ish and driving me crazy. lol What is working for you?
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    Congratulations. I am 21 pounds away from 2er-land, can't wait to get there myself. Keep on going. I promise I will too.

Congratulations! What is working for you? I've decided that I'm not an expert and that I need to be the student and learn from everyone that is succeeding! I'd love to know what is working for you.
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    Congratulations on getting to the 200s! I just got there recently too. I'm so sorry about your heart failure. You seem to have a great attitude!

Congratulations on your weight loss and getting into the 200s! What worked for you? I am stuck on 317 - 316 it is driving me bonkers. Thanks for being here and cheering people on!
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    KarlynKeto wrote: »
    Congratulations!! That is some great progress. My husband caught covid a few months ago and the reality of it finally hit home. He is fine, but I knew if I caught covid it would not be good as I was 300 pounds with untreated high blood pressure. (Luckily, I didn't catch it). Not sure why I ignored it for 2 years, but like many others, I didn't take it seriously enough. I am following docs orders now, on HB meds and trying to get healthy so I don't have to hide anymore. I wish you all the best! We can do it. :-)

"so I don't have to hide anymore" that really hit home. When I go anywhere with people, I notice that they send me in first to get a seat and sit down, wait a few minutes, then come in, no matter where we are. And it's because people make fun of me and those around me are embarrassed. I am not mad at them at all. I can remember gaping at really fat people when I was young. I love what you said, "so I don't have to hide anymore". I'm adding that to my list of motivators. Can you tell me what is working for you?
  • Maesneuadd
    Maesneuadd Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Very well done. Many of us saw ourselves overeating during the pandemic with the inevitable consequence of weight gain. You, however, managed to do something about it. Excellent progress.
  • vickiecarroll528
    vickiecarroll528 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jacki916, I'm happy to find someone on the same journey as me! I had RNY Gastric Bypass on 6/29/22. I was 326 lbs when I started the pre surgical liquid diet. To date I've lost 55 lbs, and totally changed my life to finally get healthy. You are so right, this is not the easy way by any means, but I have no regrets at all. I've been on solid foods for several weeks, and can tell you this: Don't ignore your water and protein goals! I can't get my daily protein in without a protein drink or shake. I now lose approx 1/2 lb a day, my goal is no less than 10 lbs a month. I recently had a 5 day stall and it worried me, so I looked at my habits and intake to find the culprit and it was my water consumption.I hope I hear from you and others on the surgical weight loss train!
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @vickiecarroll528 great to hear back from you! Thanks so much for the tips on what to expect and watch out for when I’m back on solid foods. Great stuff! I sent you a friend request. Hope you accept 🤗
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    jst1986 wrote: »

I'm stuck at 317 and can't seem to get below it. I recently realized how weak I've become, and I need to change that! What are you doing that's working? I'm always looking for new ideas because I need all the help I can get!

I'm not sure what I can offer - I'm just doing the basics of watching the calories in and plenty of exercise. I do have plenty of periods of time where nothing seems to be happening and then it bumps along again. How long have you been stuck for?

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options

This is great news! Is there a group on MFP for people trying to get or just getting into Two Der Land? This popped into my feed this morning, and I feel SO encouraged!! That's amazing! What worked for you?

Not specific to Two Der Land, but this is a great group for people who have (or had) more than 75 pounds to lose:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

Reasonably active group, nice people, lots of good info and encouragement.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!