Two-der-land

Options
2»

Replies

• vickiecarroll528
    vickiecarroll528 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @Jacki916W I would love to accept your friend request, but I dont know how to do that! Where would I find that feature?
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @Jacki916W I would love to accept your friend request, but I dont know how to do that! Where would I find that feature?

If you’re using the app, go to “more” at the bottom and then choose “friends “ from the list. You will then see all the friends you have and if you click on “requests “ at the top, you’ll see all your pending friend requests. Hope this helps!

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It's such a great feeling to get under 300. I just got into the two's around a month ago. I'm now down slightly over 100 pounds at 288.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,249 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your story!! CONGRATS!! It's hard work, and you are doing it. I am also in congestive heart failure, which type do you have? I've seen quite a few who as they get healthier theirs improves so much. A few of them it goes totally away (Depends on the damage that is done) I am diastolic heart failure, that can't go away, but still being healthier is a huge plus on my side.

For those who are looking for support in losing I've gone from 288 to 169, by being a member on the 5% Challenge. its a group of people who go into 8 groups/teams to help each other out. Approximately 30ish members on each team/group so we can get to know each other. The 5% Challenge runs for 8 weeks (after that there's an in between 5% Challenge so we are able to have the support). On the 5% challenge we work on healthy habits (LOL for me it's healthier habits because though I've lost 119 lbs, some of my eating habits are hmmmm yeah, lets say not that great) BUT I KEEP trying!! Want to join us? Everyone from those who need over 50 or more to those who have only a few pounds to lose, yes, even those who have hit goal and just wish to have support, be an encouragement to the rest of us!! Below is the link. Once you hit JOIN please also read: 💡💡Start Here Team Choice - You Must Choose a Team💡💡
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143596-2022-fall-5-challenge-community-team-plz-join-us

You won't regret it, and you'll not be alone in your journey.
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    njitaliana wrote: »
    I did nothing but sit around eating during the pandemic. I hit a high of 368 lbs. I knew I had to get serious about my weight. I have lost 69 lbs now. Today I hit 299. It feels good to be out of the 300s! I caught covid in the spring and it caused me to go into congestive heart failure. So, I have to keep going on this weight loss journey.

This is great news! Is there a group on MFP for people trying to get or just getting into Two Der Land? This popped into my feed this morning, and I feel SO encouraged!! That's amazing! What worked for you?

Not specific to Two Der Land, but this is a great group for people who have (or had) more than 75 pounds to lose:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

Reasonably active group, nice people, lots of good info and encouragement.

Thank you, I'll look into that! :) I am hoping to find the self discipline to do what works for bariatric surgery without the surgery. I know that you have that magic year to lose the weight and change after you have the surgery and if you don't, the weight comes back on. I've seen that happen to so many of my friends. All that suffering and pain (and $$) just to regain. I'm wondering if anyone wires people's jaws shut like they used to do. At least that would be non invasive, probably be something I could afford, as well. For those of you who have had surgery, I'm glad that's working for you. You've bought in and are doing the work! :) That's awesome. I want to get the self discipline to do the eating plan of bariatrics. I don't know what it's like now, but when a few friends of mine had bariatric surgery a few years ago, they were basically on 800 calories a day max and that was after weeks of liquids. I definitely need change.
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    jst1986 wrote: »
    jst1986 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I'm about 40lb off getting into the 200's - really looking forward to it so you must be pleased!

I'm stuck at 317 and can't seem to get below it. I recently realized how weak I've become, and I need to change that! What are you doing that's working? I'm always looking for new ideas because I need all the help I can get!

I'm not sure what I can offer - I'm just doing the basics of watching the calories in and plenty of exercise. I do have plenty of periods of time where nothing seems to be happening and then it bumps along again. How long have you been stuck for?

Well, this week I'm down the scale says 312.2 but it's because I've been sick. My doc put me back on farxiga and it makes me feel like I have the flu. It's water weight. I think I need to be more vigilant about calories and I need to journal more. My dad is in hospice and I know I've been stress eating. No one is to blame for that but me. It is what it is. I can do better. :)
  • adgardad
    adgardad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All these stories sound so familiar. 2 years ago I had been doing IF and low carb with my wife and we lost quite a bit of weight. I was down about 40 lbs. When the pandemic hit I thought "oh well, if we're all gonna die I'm at least not going out hungry". So...I gained it all back and then some. Got covid last December. Very mild case, like a bad cold.
    I was up to 328 in April. Then my son and daughter in law were injured in an accident and the next month my dad died. A stressful ride but I made it through it and was actually losing a little.
    Last med check, the Dr. told me I might consider a diabetic diet. I really felt sometimes like I was dying, when the reality was that I was just overweight. I realized that EVERY malady that I have is somehow related to my weight. So I decided to get serious and go back to IF and low carb and I landed below 300 pounds on 8/25.
    Congratulations to everyone. We all know how hard this is. And for those still trying, keep going. You are so worth it.

• jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats your stories are inspirational keep at it you will get there.
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,442 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

"so I don't have to hide anymore" that really hit home. When I go anywhere with people, I notice that they send me in first to get a seat and sit down, wait a few minutes, then come in, no matter where we are. And it's because people make fun of me and those around me are embarrassed. I am not mad at them at all. I can remember gaping at really fat people when I was young. I love what you said, "so I don't have to hide anymore". I'm adding that to my list of motivators. Can you tell me what is working for you?

I have lost 60 pounds in the last year. From 237 to 177. What worked for me - Portion control and Daily walk. I eat everything in moderation but try to eat double protein for fullness and double fruit and veg for health. I have better luck on NO diet but slowly changing my portions and we do not eat processed or fast food very often.

• LShotmaker
    LShotmaker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is Two Der Land? I was at 226 and that was my heaviest ever, I retired and then Covid hit - my weight went up like crazy during Covid. I am now down 62 lbs and about 20 away from my goal. I have been walking alot - at least 3 miles a day and I am playing pickleball 3 times a week - it's fun and the exercise is helping me quite a bit and I have met so many nice people. Keep on everyone - don't give up and don't quit - be kind to yourself cause your health is the most important thing to focus on right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!