Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @lmlmrn OMG that’s frightening! Have you tried contacting your congressman? They should have more pull so the police do something permanently to get rid of them.

Normally I’d say contact the media, but with everything being so woke these days, they might spin it as “oh those mean people trying to get those poor homeless people off their property!”
  • Womona
    Options
    @bover145 my go-to NA drink is club soda with a splash of cranberry juice in a wine glass. Feels like a sparkling rose without the alcohol!
  • Womona
    Options
    Had a glass of wine last night, need to stay AF tonight. Between wine and poor food choices lately, the weight is creeping up. Have to drag myself to work out this morning to get back on track!

@joans1976 how about “Cruella DeVil” or Meryl (as in Streep, who played the horrible boss in The Devil Wears Prada).
  • Womona
    Options
    Welcome newbies!!!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn

I have been around the Lexington Kentucky area before. Pretty much horse country. Are you a horse person?

@h3artgreen6478
    Glad that you are joining us.

@joans1976
    I will be trying to think of a nickname for your sociopath boss.

@Lilylady3k
    Wow, very good job on that watercolour!! It reminds me of the colours that the leaves turn around here in the fall.

6p2khqmbgqes.png

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn still so freak'n nuts that the police are turning their heads to your situation.

PLEASE contact the company that you have TITLE INSURANCE with. They helped me out when the people next door kept invading, tresspassing, digging on my property. So many people forget about this insurance that is part of your closing costs when you buy property.

Do it....DO IT NOW!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @bover145

I hear you on the "unwind" effect of alcohol at the end of the day.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I joined this group in November 2018, and had my very first AF day in many many years then.
    My usual goal is 16-20 AF days per month, and have maintained that for a few years until September of this year when I had only 14AF days (couldn't resist the daily Margaritas in Mexico I guess).

I do this diary style.

Monday October 24 - 2 drinks. The only thing that I did that I had never done before was not a positive thing. A customer ordered a Stella, I went into the cooler to get one and the box was in there but empty. We had other boxes of it not chilled. Whoever took the last cold one out completely knew that they were doing that, and weren't thinking of the next person. I actually flung the box out on the floor while shouting. Completely out of character for me, and very unproud of that.
    Tuesday October 25 - AF - I refused an extra shift for the day, too tired. How nice it was to be home to have dinner at a reasonable time.

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 25 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    10/1- A
    10/2-10/3-10/4-10/5 AF
    10/6-10/7- 10/8 - A
    10/9-10/10 10/11- 10/12 - AF
    10/13- 10/14- 10/15 - A
    10/16 - 10/17 - AF
    10/18 - 10/19-10/20-10/21-10/22 - A
    10/23- 10/24 - 10/25 - 10/26 - AF
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    October accountability: 11 days AF
    Alcohol: 15 days (37.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/26 - 2 wine

A friend dropped by unexpectedly this afternoon. She lives in town but her husband was out in the burbs getting an infusion treatment. He (yes guys can get it too) has had stage 4 breast cancer since 2006 and this is the 3rd reoccurrence with chemo treatments every few weeks. He has been sick the last 2 weeks and lost 15 lbs. They were treating him today for dehydration too. He took her this morning to find out what is required for a funeral plot. She needed someone to distract her while he was going through treatments which instead of an hour they kept him 4-5 hrs.
    After she left I opened a bottle of wine. Not the best reaction but it is what it is.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Nancy.... words, I have none after looking at that total disrespect for your property by those squatters.

I want to say to them - You have a damn RV. Go to Walmart and live in their parking lot. You have money to buy things obviously from the photo, or go live at a camp site.

We are checking with a guy we know that used to live in your town for more suggestions. My heart goes out to you my friend. 🥺
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

10/1-10/7: AF
    10/8-10/14: AF
    10/15-10/21: AF
    10/22: AF
    I really considered having drinks (plural) last night. I felt like I needed something to take my mind off the biopsy coming up. However, my anxiety has been so high lately I was afraid the alcohol might make my anxiety worse and then I would be stuck. I had chocolate instead 😎
    10/23: AF
    10/24: AF
    My boss is being horrible, just horrible. I need to think of a nickname for her besides “narcissistic a—hole.” Ideas?
    10/25: AF
    Biopsies today, fingers crossed!
    10/26: AF
    Very sore and depressed today.