Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    October accountability: 7 days AF
    Alcohol: 10 days (26.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/17 - AF @ book club
  • Lilylady3k
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Stockholm_Andy - Oh I remember those work trips well where the alcohol flowed and I had a wonderful time along with everyone else with me. The next day the mornings weren't that difficult because I guess I was just use to it too. Either that or I was still tipsy for the entire trip. I TOTALLY agree ... moderation is much harder than knowing ahead that I'm not drinking. Guess that is why we are here years later. Just as I feel I have this ... I too slipped on Friday in a social situation fundraiser at that LOL and had way more than I would if I had gone in like some that only started drinking wine when luncheon was served. Should of, could of but didn't.
    Good luck with your next trip and hopefully finding the moderation that makes you feel good about yourself and everything around you.

Work story ... that I still find hilarious. I was hosting an event in Vegas and held tons of drink tickets during and after the private Jay Leno stand up and then Pat Benatar concert. One of my customers from a very notable company in Norway roped me into a fun game. When I ordered a drink he said "2" as he did with everyone else walking up and had me throw down an extra drink ticket. I asked what was up. He said just wait for it. So we ordered 2 of everything for about 30-40 people and kept one of the glasses. Then we moved ALL the glasses over to a table near the exit door. When the lights indicated the event was over ... we handed a "to go drink" out to anyone that wanted one which were happily accepted by many. No one cared what drink they got at that point they just were happy to have a fresh drink. LOL
    A few of my customers were heading out afterward and I declined their invitation ... they were out until 5am. I knew I couldn't keep up with that crowd though I tried before they left.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @MissMay - Rentals have gone through the roof in the past couple of years. Congrats on being a new home owner in a sunny winter location! Enjoy soaking up the sun and discovering what plants you can grow at your new townhome.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

10/1-10/7: AF
    10/8-10/14: AF
    10/15: AF
    I was with my parents yesterday. They make me want to drink.
    10/16: AF
    10/17: AF
    The demon that is my work anxiety is back. I’m glad I saved a few places to check on job hunting this weekend. Gives me hope 🌞
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    @MissMay

Awesome that you got a place!! I know that you were preferring to rent, but this will be good. Is there a pool? Looking forward to photos.

You look amazing in your swimsuit!!! You will be getting so tanned living down in FLA.
    I love that bathing suit, great colours for you.

Sorry that you over drank one day and feel bad about it, but you will be fine. If I had 6 drinks I would be deathly ill.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

10/1-10/7: AF
    10/8-10/14: AF
    10/15: AF
    I was with my parents yesterday. They make me want to drink.
    10/16: AF
    10/17: AF
    The demon that is my work anxiety is back. I’m glad I saved a few places to check on job hunting this weekend. Gives me hope 🌞
    10/18: AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    @MissMay

Great new things for you already!! You go girl : - )
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn hugs for your Mom and inlaws situations.

I am speachless about the lack of compassion for your problem with those squatters. 😠

I feel you will get a grip on your drinks when you can get ahead of these things. ❤