Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    "Good Evening, Channel 1212 viewers, welcome to another segment of our "Help Your Hood Series", neighbors helping neighbors keep our town safe and beautiful. This evening we are spotlighting an ongoing issue affecting BlahBlah Heights business district. Some of our less fortunate residents have established an "encampment" on Avenue A, unfortunately creating a situation that is not welcoming to the customers of said businesses. After countless calls to local authorities, including 311, nothing has been done to aid the homeless in this area, or to relieve the stress on the business owners. Now, we will present on air interviews with some of the business owners and their former customers. O #1 *kitten*-MOAN O #2 WHIMPER-SOB C #1 COMPLAIN-COMPLAIN C #2 fearful-fearful
    We have reached out, but had no response from Town leaders...This is Ron Burgundy, signing off , still waiting."

Copy of news video sent to @lmlmrn
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1 I was laughing so hard I had to call my DH while he is driving to 'said business' to read him your post. Thank you for lighting up my day.

Yesterday ...was not a planned drink day but we went out and had dinner plus 2 light beers. I almost look at the beers and almost not alcoholic compared to spirits. ... What an interesting take/twist your brain will do to feed the monster and justify the behavior.

Today had a chit chat with my sister about our 'non' move right now. Anyway she did point out that I can't put my life on hold (true) for the what will/might happen in the future. It seems to almost paralyze me. But then I have to be hopeful that it will all work out in the end. The plan moving forward will be after the new year find a part time job while DH winds the business down. The no income for several months is a bit scary but doable. The part time work is just enough to cover the home improvement loan until we sell the business building. I just don't want to dip into our savings for that. Plus the extra income will be fun.

Todays plan? Self care and a long hike....which in my head is self care.
  • Breathe57103
    Breathe57103 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    AF today

10/1 thru 10/7 AF - 5 A - 2
    10/8 AF - 1

Aug AF - 25 A - 7
    Sept AF - 6 A - 2
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    oatq6vhpqqa8.jpg
    😊
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    "For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn't end."
    — Michelle Obama