Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @MissMay - I can understand the wish to rent not buy AND to not weigh yourself down with "stuff". Also the parrot head community might just be a little too much with the drinking but I understand they have great activities. I have friends that are moving there ... one day when they retire.

I'm still cleaning out my home "in case we move" but really after 10 years of decluttering don't think we'll move. We'll see if that changes. The good news is the special toys that I saved over the years in the attic (legos, duplos, American Girl dolls, books, etc that the kids loved) are getting pulled out for the next generation and will move to my kids homes over the next few years. This is the last of "their stuff" that I have in our home since I made them clean out their rooms the summer between high school & college.
    I've been cleaning out my holiday bins as I pull them out for the season reducing the decorating headache to just the special touches that I really enjoy! Baby steps.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @MissMay I hear ya on getting rid of all that stuff. We are pretty good about not having a lot of clutter, but it’s amazing how few things we really, really need.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of wine with steak dinner as planned.

Trying to target 3 nights AF this week which seems to be harder than I planned. There just isn't enough days in the week! LOL Targeting Tues, Thurs, Sat this week. Thinking through it and what I have on tap social wise ... my plan is to have a drink with friends Friday night but then skip on the beer & other stuff while watching LSU & celebrating my son's birthday during lunch on Saturday. His wife is buying a mini keg from a German beer garden that he really wanted to go to for his birthday but with the little ones it is best to let them have space to crawl and comfy area to sleep during the game. Babysitting the littlest one that evening so if I can make it through the game & celebration I'm good to go for an AF Saturday.