Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    @joans1976

I am sorry to hear about the result on the right, but caught early they will remove it. My sister went through that a few years ago and she is fine. I hope that it is soon when they do it. Sending you hugs.
    Don't beat yourself up about having a few drinks, you have done amazing on that front.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I joined this group in November 2018, and had my very first AF day in many many years then.
    My usual goal is 16-20 AF days per month, and have maintained that for a few years until September of this year when I had only 14AF days (couldn't resist the daily Margaritas in Mexico I guess).

I do this diary style.

Monday October 24 - 2 drinks. The only thing that I did that I had never done before was not a positive thing. A customer ordered a Stella, I went into the cooler to get one and the box was in there but empty. We had other boxes of it not chilled. Whoever took the last cold one out completely knew that they were doing that, and weren't thinking of the next person. I actually flung the box out on the floor while shouting. Completely out of character for me, and very unproud of that.
    Tuesday October 25 - AF - I refused an extra shift for the day, too tired. How nice it was to be home to have dinner at a reasonable time.
    Wednesday October 26 - AF - Happy to hit my 16. I am going to try to get another 1 or 2 before month end.
    Thursday October 27 - 2 drinks. I had no intention of drinks, but it was the old cold, hungry, tired thing. Raining and cold here, not cold enough to have snow just yet, this is not my favourite time of year, trails are too muddy, no skating yet. Contrary to most people, those 2 drinks had me sleep like a baby, and I feel great this morning. Planning AF for Sunday and Monday to hopefully end the month with 18AF days.
    Friday October 28 - Drinks starting with Peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate after a very long day. I am working a rare Saturday, but hopefully it will just be a few hours early, I have lots of cooking to do with my harvest.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 28 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    October accountability: 12 days AF
    Alcohol: 17 days (43.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/29 - 3 drinks ; 1 Gin & Tonic after day long boat ride with friends and then wine at my sisters with dinner.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @joans1976 - Keeping you in my prayers (HUGS)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hello group! 🦋
    Maybe a sober October?

10/1-10/7: AF
    10/8-10/14: AF
    10/15-10/21: AF
    10/22-10/28: 1 A 6 AF
    Rolling total 27 out of 28 AF

10/29: AF
    So tired.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    10/1- A
    10/2-10/3-10/4-10/5 AF
    10/6-10/7- 10/8 - A
    10/9-10/10 10/11- 10/12 - AF
    10/13- 10/14- 10/15 - A
    10/16 - 10/17 - AF
    10/18 - 10/19-10/20-10/21-10/22 - A
    10/23- 10/24 - 10/25 - 10/26 - AF
    10/27-10/28-10/29 - A
    10/30 - 10/31 - AF
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    October accountability: 12 days AF
    Alcohol: 18 days (45.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

10/30 - 2 wine
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I joined this group in November 2018, and had my very first AF day in many many years then.
    My usual goal is 16-20 AF days per month, and have maintained that for a few years until September of this year when I had only 14AF days (couldn't resist the daily Margaritas in Mexico I guess).

I do this diary style.

Monday October 24 - 2 drinks. The only thing that I did that I had never done before was not a positive thing. A customer ordered a Stella, I went into the cooler to get one and the box was in there but empty. We had other boxes of it not chilled. Whoever took the last cold one out completely knew that they were doing that, and weren't thinking of the next person. I actually flung the box out on the floor while shouting. Completely out of character for me, and very unproud of that.
    Tuesday October 25 - AF - I refused an extra shift for the day, too tired. How nice it was to be home to have dinner at a reasonable time.
    Wednesday October 26 - AF - Happy to hit my 16. I am going to try to get another 1 or 2 before month end.
    Thursday October 27 - 2 drinks. I had no intention of drinks, but it was the old cold, hungry, tired thing. Raining and cold here, not cold enough to have snow just yet, this is not my favourite time of year, trails are too muddy, no skating yet. Contrary to most people, those 2 drinks had me sleep like a baby, and I feel great this morning. Planning AF for Sunday and Monday to hopefully end the month with 18AF days.
    Friday October 28 - Drinks starting with Peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate after a very long day. I am working a rare Saturday, but hopefully it will just be a few hours early, I have lots of cooking to do with my harvest.
    Saturday October 29 - Drinks. Lots of cooking of my harvest. Really good day : - )
    Sunday October 30 - AF - Planning AF for tomorrow also.

Rolling total: 17AF days out of 30 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 thinking of you and giving you strength to plow through this obstacle so that you can have less stress in your life.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    @MissMay ...I've seen discrete little signs on the front doors of some homes...."No Smoking Here, Please"...Why not a "No Alcohol" sign ?? Those bearing pricey wine or cordials then have an opportunity to scuttle back to their cars and deposit the gifts back into the trunk before even knocking. No embarrassment, no killing the philodendron with champagne.
    Yeah, DH probably would not leave that little sign up.

Thank you for the link to next month !!
  • aprilb_1988
    aprilb_1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for how others balance out alcohol. I am a daily drinker, when I get home I enjoy a few beers and every time we go out to eat we have margaritas. I've been trying to quit but find it kind of difficult because its like a treat for me. I cant tell you honestly the last AF day I had besides when I didn't feel good.