October 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    @Fit2btied2016 Sounds like you are making fantastic progress! Rest days are important, as you can tell already, so don't ignore them, esp. at the beginning. It gives your muscles a day to recover and get stronger. Glad you enjoyed Halloween treats and love your costume!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Starting to kind of "look forward" to going out for a "run," so my mind-set is definitely shifting. My legs are feeling better today, so I am glad that I took Sunday off. Feeling stronger overall.

This is a really good feeling. You are developing the habit and your body is growing to expect the activity. Keep it up! You’re doing great.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    I have been away for a bit and haven't read thru to catch up on everything yet. I didn't make my goal for the month but it is ok. We had company come to visit and took a full week (8 day) road trip to see the fall foliage and visit Lassen Volcanic National Park. It was a great trip even though we didn't see much in the way of pretty fall foliage on the 'Fall Foliage loop' through Oregon. We did see some in and around Salem, OR though.
    Lassen Volcanic Park view. Mt Lassen volcano is behind me when I took the picture but almost completely hidden in the clouds.
    7rwfscjvzg5p.jpeg
    Me with a boulder that was thrown almost 5 miles when Mt Lassen erupted in 1924
    hermj0xcr6xf.jpeg
    Trail we found on our cold rainy run in Hillsboro, OR
    sv5as046z0jr.jpeg
    Columbia River view from the Vista House
    2kcq5a471o6q.jpeg
    We did see this lovely waterfall that was helped by the big rainstorm the day before.
    dj026mr53u7r.jpeg
    Hobbes checking out the view of the Willamette River
    3lhvzrczo4eb.jpeg
    a4qk1wypoty2.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @shanaber! Love the photos. That rock being thrown 5 miles is incredible!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Looks like a lovely trip. Those pictures are gorgeous! Love Hobbes peeking over the wall. Glad you had a good trip and are home safely.