Quadruple Bypass Survivor

Options
I unexpectedly had quadruple bypass surgery in April of 2020. I've recovered well, and am now starting the final journey of weight loss in my life. Twice during my life I lost 105lbs. with Weightwatchers and both times regained 105lbs. exactly! Now that my heart has been repaired I'm taking the journey one more time and am committed to keeping it off for the best of my life which is still ahead of me!

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good luck! You’re in the right place. MFP doesn’t try to help you take it off, it tries to show you how to take it off and keep it off. A little different, and takes more input from you. But you have strong motivation and the knowledge that you can do it!
  • jocelynmonacelli
    jocelynmonacelli Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2 stents put in 2 weeks ago. LAD 75% Right Coronary 85% . Feeling Much Better but still have a way to go weight wise. Lets do this together !
  • MuffinTopMan74
    MuffinTopMan74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had a quintuple bypass on June 17th, 2022, a minor heart attack, with a maze surgery to fix A-fib. Happy 48th birthday. Lol. I had 3 stents 10 years previous at 39. The main reason is that was a very sedentary life being a long-haul truck driver, and then an office worker, with a poor diet and no exercise. My cholesterol is very low but what little I had was the bad type (LDL) and almost no good type (HDL). Man the surgery was painful for about 3 weeks afterward but went away slowly after that. It has been 7 months now, and I am doing awesome. I went through cardio rehab at the hospital, and now I am in a gym lifting weights 3 days a week, and walking a few miles 3-4 days a week. I paid off the bill of 716k, I was responsible for about 13 % of it, rest was insurance. Ouch, in my retirement fund lol. Yet, I am hear, enjoying life, and progressing forward instead of sitting still.