Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Thanks Machka! It's cool to see what others are eating. I aim for 1100 calories, but I was eating way over. Way too many cookies and bad snacks. I need more intentional food and less grazing. I'm excited about trying this mango smoothie. I need to keep my expectations realistic. Hmm. I wonder if my little blender thingie is big enough.

• Anniesquats100
    Options
    I did my dumbbells! Yay! Thirty reps. And I didn't eat my calories back. Yay! Now we will see how Sunday goes. It's always a challenge. I switched from mint coconut milk ice cream to halo top mango sherbet so that should help. But if I'm going to do the mango smoothie I better find a different ice cream flavor for Sundays.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,078 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Meant to post this this morning but forgot to hit the button glad I had used the draft feature and I didn’t lose it. 😝

Good morning all. Taking an easy day today after a busy week. Was out all day on Monday, Tuesday morning I gave a workshop at craft, Wednesday morning grocery shopping and working on Christmas cards. Thursday we had our U3A Christmas party after lunch, and I went to an art demo after dinner, yesterday I had Latin study. Only 3 planned events next week.

November Gratitude:
    1. smell. Vanilla ice cream
    2. technology. Internet - access to y’all
    3. colour. Golden tones of autumn
    4. food. Mussels in white wine
    5. sound. The sound of DH in the kitchen making morning tea
    6. nature. Woodland and mountains
    7. memory. Holding my 11 day old DGD on Christmas morning 1994
    8. book. All books 😝
    9. place. My garden
    10. taste. Chocolate
    11. holiday. Cruise to Norway to see the Northern lights. We did so many things on that cruise.
    12. texture. There are so many textures, but I love the sleek silkiness of my hair when it is newly washed.
    13. abilities. I find it invaluable to be able to concentrate and focus on the positive, and use my analytical acumen. I can bring it to bear in finding the positive in unhelpful events. Learn from experience, so to speak.
    14. sight. Literally grateful for my sight. I only have good sight in one eye due to a birth defect in the optical nerve in my left eye. I don’t miss what I never had, but am super aware of the importance of my one good eye.
    15. season. Spring is my fav season. It’s a symbol of renewal.
    16. about your body. My sturdy strength, and the ability to heal quickly.
    17. knowledge. My happiness is entirely up to me. Happiness isn’t something that you have to put off until x, y, or z, or some event which may or may not happen. I look for happiness in simple things, a beautiful sky, birds singing, raindrops running down the window pane, autumn leaves. Also, it’s not my responsibility to make other people happy.
    18. piece of art. Too many to list 😂
    19. touch. The feeling of clean linen on the bed
    20. who. My DH. He looks after me so well.
    21. song. Cyndi Lauper: Girls just wanna have fun: anything by Cliff Richard, Tina Turner, Queen, ShaniaTwain …. etc etc etc
    22. story. Jesus of Nazareth
    23. tradition. Christmas[/spoiler]
    24. challenge. I relish the opportunity to play it forward by volunteering to lead groups for our local U3A, a lifelong learning charity. However , it can be a challenge to get other people to do their bit in the groups I lead. So many are happy to take, but find excuses when asked to reciprocate.
    25. moment this week. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to our singing group, who were giving a short concert at the Christmas party on Thursday afternoon.
    26. form of expression. Writing poetry, and watercolour painting.
    27. daily use item.
    28. what happen today.
    29. friend/family member.
    30. talent or skill

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

💕💖💕 to all

☘️ Terri

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Well, much to my surprise, they didn’t say anything to me about coming in to BK so I texted that since they’re not expecting me, I wouldn’t go in. So that meant I got to exercise! I did Kathy Smith’s Lift Weights to Lose Weight. The plan for tomorrow is to do Amy Dixon’s Breathless Body DVD. After exercise, I went for a walk. Now have a pork roast in to bake for next week and to freeze

Katla – I remember buying my father a coat. I really wanted to get him a warm one but I also knew that he wouldn’t want me to spend a lot of money. So I spent it and told him I got it 50% off. So he accepted it. Maybe your daughter bought a large coat specifically with the thought that your husband can wear a sweater or sweatshirt underneath and still have room to move

Yea Annie. What did you have for lunch? What I do many times is get the plain yogurt (or make it) and add some FROZEN fruit. As the fruit defrosts, it leaves a “syrup” in the yogurt. That’s one way you can get your yogurt AND your fruit

pip – yea Lucy!!!

Think I’ll watch a little TV then take a shower.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Regarding refrigerators and freezers— Ours are at our home in Oregon. They are in good working order, and we are far away. It is likely that we will bring them here to Illinois when the time is right. We don’t need them for now. We have wonderful friends in our neighborhood in Oregon who are checking up on the things that are in the house.
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Michele I had oatmeal with blueberries and protein powder for lunch. That's a good thought about fruit in the yogurt! I will try that.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Annie, On most days I eat exactly the same breakfast, evening meal and snacks and plan a meal for Jake and me at lunch time. The lunch meals are one of about ten choices that we have. That saves me from excessive thinking about food and relieves the decision fatigue. I don't have some of the challenges that you have, but I plan for myself and stick to my plan. I don't entertain myself with food. I ride my exercise bike as much as possible to burn off as many calories as possible. I walk in the morning and in the evening.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Flea, so sorry for your loss

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Love the grateful list but knew I had to make it easier than going back and forth…
    Grateful:
    1 smell. Damp redwoods
    2 technology. electricity
    3 color. Yellow – the sun
    4 food. Soup
    5 sound. Birds
    6 nature. Ilove it all, gardening, walking, feeling far enough away from the hurry hurry of the city

7 memory. My dad, he died in 1977 and he had a huge impact on me
    8 book. Poems by Robert Service
    9 place. Gualala, CA I love camping there
    10 taste. Sweet – especially ice cream on warm berry pie
    11 holiday. Christmas but sometimes my birthday - I can be in charge of my B-day and Christmas includes potential for too much drama
    12 texture. Cashmere – soft fuzzy
    13 abilities. I am thankful I am resourceful and persistent
    14 sight. My vision has improved as I have aged and I am very grateful
    15 season. Fall is my favorite followed by spring, then winter and last is summer
    16 about your body. I like my hair, it is thick, and is pretty easy to manage.
    17 knowledge. I love that I am mechanical and can figure out lots of things
    18 piece of art. Monet’s water lilys
    19 touch. Levi laying his head on my shoulder (Levi is my dog)
    20 who. My group of friends who make sure I have a place to go for the holidays
    21 song. Take me home, Country Roads by John Denver
    22 story. I love books of all sorts.
    23 tradition. Cracked crab dinner for Christmas eve
    24 challenge. Having my Dad pass when I was 19 has affected my whole life. It is hard but has made me stronger and more aware of the shortness of life. He would smoke a pipe only when we were on vacation, and it was a distinctive tobacco smell and every once in a while I catch a whiff of it. It has been around for the last month quite a bit.
    25 moment this week. I was at my Best friends house for Thanksgiving, she and DH had to say goodbye to 2 elderly dogs in the last month and we had a memorial service for the dogs. 12 of us with great memories to share.
    26 form of expression. Physical touch
    27 daily use item.
    28 what happen today.
    29 friend/family member.
    30 talent or skill

Smiles Kim in N. California
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little sad this afternoon. My friend/colleague with pancreatic cancer died this week. His daughter let everyone know this morning. We've sent a message to all faculty/staff and I sent a message to the students in his class, which was a really difficult message to write. A general announcement to the rest of the students will go out Monday. He had a glorious last few days, even took a short hike to a favorite waterfall in the snow last Sunday, but Monday went down hill fast. The world has lost a sweet soul, and he is going to be terribly missed.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Sorry to hear that. :(
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    Getting sick on days off ...

I used to get sick ...
    - when my classes were over and holiday time began, or very close to it.
    - after I finished any large project at school or work.
    - after I finished an ultradistance bicycle ride.

Pretty much after anything that involved staying up late and putting in a lot of effort. It was as though my body was OK to put in a huge effort, but the second I relaxed a little, my immune system also took a break, and I got sick.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Flea – I’m so so sorry for your friend and you

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Lisa love the picture of Levi and his mother! Thanks for sharing.

Annie I always had a hard time with eating the breakfast, lunch, snack and then supper which still made me hungry for a snack in the evening. I was never really hungry when I ate in the morning but I just did it because the myth was that you should eat a good breakfast. In fact, most everybody has an idea of breakfast food compared to food that you can eat at supper time. When I instead did the intermittent fasting and had a five hour window to eat, it was very easy for me to start around 3 o’clock. I enjoy the normal bacon and eggs in the evening and 1200 cal is a lot during a five hour window of time. Figure out what is working for you and change what is not. Barbie has a great eating plan that works for her. I believe that she’s very regimented like the way you sound you are wanting to be. She could probably give you a good advice.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

I had been doing intermittent fasting for the past few years and eating later and later. It was easy to stay under my 1100 cal. The problem was not eating until 2, my metabolism was basically asleep until I ate.
    This is what the dietician at Kaiser (our medical) told me. I was also not eating enough, especially with the amount of exercise I was doing.
    I am supposed to have a small amount of carb and protein for breakfast- wheat crackers and cheese, whole wheat toast and peanut butter, things like that. I was doing that and was actually feeling better. It is harder to stay under 1100 calories but that is on me. She will not tell me how many calories to have per day- need it balanced. Half veggies, 1/4 protein and 1/4 carb.
    I am trying to get the right balance.
    Haven't followed that this week because of my accident(not finding much I can eat)-but this is just a little set back. I will be back to it soon.

Yes, everyone needs to find what works for them.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Getting sick on days off ...

I used to get sick ...
    - when my classes were over and holiday time began, or very close to it.
    - after I finished any large project at school or work.
    - after I finished an ultradistance bicycle ride.

Pretty much after anything that involved staying up late and putting in a lot of effort. It was as though my body was OK to put in a huge effort, but the second I relaxed a little, my immune system also took a break, and I got sick.

M in Oz

I used to get sick after any new daycare kids were here sick. I didn't seem to catch stuff from the kids I had had a while if they got sick- just the new ones. New germs I guess.