WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Flea I’m sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was well loved and will be missed.💕

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Flea- so sorry- Sounds like he will really be missed by so many.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Flea- my condolences on the loss of your friend xoxo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,202 Member
    Options
    Flea - so sorry. He will be so missed. <3

Beth - I took a screenshot of that recipe! :D Love it!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Flea — So sorry for the loss of your friend.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I hope our daughter will take me to see my husband today. It has been too many days since my last visit and I miss him. 🙏🏻
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I spent time with DH yesterday. Our daughter brought him a new warm coat. He wasn’t feeling energetic to try it on. It looked huge to me. I hope. he will be feeling good enough to try it on.

She was in the process of bringing me home when we were stopped by a Christmas parade. It was a pleasant surprise.

Katla49 wrote: »
    I hope our daughter will take me to see my husband today. It has been too many days since my last visit and I miss him. 🙏🏻

Didn't you see him yesterday?

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    The two big wineracks went this morning at 9.30. A guy wanted them for his dad's shop.
    What a great feeling it is to get rid of all this stuff we will never use. I love it! It's actually quite addictive.

Big delivery expected from Amazon today. (Kids' extra presents, my hair dye.) Making progress. I haven't started DH'S Santa stuff yet and need one more small food item each for son and DDIL. Plus cards to write. We have a lot of PO strikes going on, so I need to get those done early.
    Feeling quite relaxed about it all.

Annie - I advise you to have a look at Tim Spector, 'Food for Life'. Much of what we thought we knew about nutrition is just wrong. His research is up to date. Plenty of podcast interviews etc. He was on Dr Rangan Chatterjee a while back. It will put you right off your cookies! :p I was delighted to hear that he highly approves of coffee! :D I more or less follow the lifestyle he recommends, with the odd small lapse. Too much alcohol, but I'm getting better at that. More AF days a week. I always beat the 30 plant foods. He also emphasises protein as we age. Very heavily emphasises the microbiome and no refined or processed foods.
    Having said that, today we are treating ourselves to the very best focaccia for lunch. :* But even he has the (very) occasional croissant. (But it has to be the best croissant) :laugh:
    Always eat mindfully. >:)

Going to finish cooking the Christmas pudding today. It's mainly for my son, but I will have a tiny slice. Nearly all dried fruit though, so not terrible. . The kids and DDIL prefer sticky toffee pudding. Edie can't have that this year.

Dinner tonight is Hairy Bikers Chicken and Chorizo bake. With cabbage.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    30 Days of Gratitude
    ccz3itve5r6y.png

1. Smell - freshly cut grass on our lawn.
    2. Technology - the amazing advancements in medical technology.
    3. Colour - blue. Beautiful blue sky peaking through the clouds.
    4. Food - soup. That's what I've been eating just recently because there's less chewing. We always keep a few cans of soup on hand for situations like these.
    5. Sound - my music. I've recently acquired a number of nature sounds CDs with music playing along with sounds of ocean waves, birds, and so on. Lovely.
    6. Nature - I love nature. It would be incredibly difficult for me to pick just one thing. I am so grateful that there is nature and that I can enjoy it.
    7. Memory - Winter 2017. The last time I visited my parents and a wonderful 1-month holiday to Canada that June/July. My husband and I did two cycling events and a lot of other cycling. We climbed mountains and explored a glacier. We visited friends and family.
    Memories:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157682899188730
    8. Book - Norman Doidge's The Brain's Way of Healing. I found it inspirational!
    https://www.normandoidge.com/?page_id=1042
    9. Place - home. I've moved and travelled a lot and home is wherever I happen to feel really comfortable. Right now, home is a certain house here in Tasmania where I can go and just be myself (mostly, for even a little while). Home is where I can lie down on the sofa and doze off when I've had a rough day, like I did yesterday.
    10. Taste - salt. My favourite taste. :) On the one hand I need salt because of my exercise and medications, on the other hand I need to reduce my salt because of my kidneys. But given the choice, I'll usually go salty over sweet ... or maybe salty and sweet!
    11. Holiday - Christmas!!!!
    12. Texture - smoothness. I like smooth clothes, smooth sheets, Rhody's smooth fur ...
    13. Abilities - I don't really think of myself in terms of having abilities. I've sort of thought of myself as "the jack of all trades, master of none". However, organisation is one that I've been thankful for throughout my life.
    14. Sight - the beauty all around. In our yard, where we go cycling, where I work, and travelling around this island.
    15. Season - I like the seasons in the following order from best to worst: Summer, Autumn ............ Spring ................... Winter.
    16. What about your body are you grateful for? Healing ... that it heals. Mostly anyway, and perhaps imperfectly, but healing does take place.
    17. What knowledge are you grateful for? Everything I do know. It all contributes to my work, my carer role, and my other activities.
    18. Piece of art - of the arts, I think the two I appreciate the most are literature and music. On the subject of music, I have really appreciated discovering ABC Classic FM on the radio and the app on my phone. I pop in my earbuds at work and I can focus on my work while feeling relatively relaxed at the same time. :)
    19. Touch - Rhody's fur, his little wet nose, his whiskers
    20. Who in my life - my husband. I'm glad he is still in my life. My parents who have always been supportive.
    21. Song - He Is -- Mark Schultz. One of several songs that has been with me through the difficult times.
    22. Story - I'm grateful that there are so many stories! I love reading. It provides me with a much-needed distraction.
    23. Tradition - I like the little traditions of Christmas. :)
    24. Challenge - all the long distance cycling I've done over the years! :)
    25. What moment this week are you most grateful for? Now. The start of a 3-day weekend! I'm taking Monday off.
    26. What form of expression ... the written word. I like being able to communicate non-verbally through emails, facebook, etc. :)
    27. What small thing that I use daily am I grateful for? ...

Is my bed small? It's a twin ...
    My pillow? Having discovered good pillows, I can hardly sleep on any other pillow.
    My laptop! That would probably be the one. :)

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I liked this on Instagram today. When we have big decisions to make...........
    09bnlo3ak7ws.jpg
    So important to know when to let go.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Saturday -- a very quiet day.
    Tomorrow is the cycling event we're holding/organising.
    The advertising is all done. The registrations have closed. We've checked the route. The volunteers have all been briefed and one has picked up supplies. The rest will get their supplies tomorrow morning just after the event starts. The riders have had their email briefing ... so have the volunteers. All the paperwork has been printed and organised.
    Wednesday and Thursday were my busy evenings getting all the supplies and groceries organised and sorted, but they're sitting in labelled bags around our lounge room now.
    And it's quiet.

Sunday -- a long and busy day.

We were up at 5:20 am ... it's almost 10 pm and I'm dragging!!

We drove to the start, saw the cyclists off, then came home and took a little break.
    Then we did a loop of a good portion of the route, checked on some riders, and after a bit we headed for the finish line with a short break at home.
    We stayed at the finish line until a little after 7 pm ... and finally got home about 8 pm.

Lots of driving!
    Lots of talking!
    Lots of texting!

We had 22 starters, 1 made it partway then went home, and everyone who finished commented favourably on the event, even though it is one of the tougher ones on our schedule with a lot of climbing.

:):):)

Now I'm relaxing with the heater on (it got quite chilly out there toward the end of the day) and Christmas music on, and I'll go to bed soon.

Tomorrow will be a clean-up: I'll organise the leftovers and do the paperwork.

Then I can start thinking about decorating for Christmas. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    So important to know when to let go.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Or when to hold on.

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,379 Member
    Options
    Flea - I'm so sorry... He sounds like such an amazing man.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Flea, so sorry about your friend.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    Thanks Heather, Debbie and Mary for your thoughts on diet. There's a lot to balance.

Flea so sorry that your friend passed.

My Dad is climbing up and down stepstools putting up the Christmas decorations. He went out on the roof once. At least I convinced him to split it into two days. I ought to help more, but his hearing is so bad it's impossible to work with him. And he gets really stubborn about putting the star out on the roof. He does it when I'm not around. Christmas for me is 95 percent battles over expectations and five percent fun.

Mom says we usually put a three foot live tree on the four inch wide half wall. Nonsense, it won't fit and we don't have a base for a live tree. Maybe she is thinking of a one foot tree in a pot. It's hard to guess what she is thinking of.

Well, I still have six birthday books to read, and some walking to do. Have a lovely day!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Flea ~ Sorry about your friend!

Pip ~ Glad Lucy is doing better!

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Flea - how neat your friend could visit that waterfall in the snow. Sounds like lots of good memories with this fella, know he'll be missed. <3 Sending condolences.

Lanette
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Flea - so sorry. He will be so missed. <3

Beth - I took a screenshot of that recipe! :D Love it!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather ... I should add that it and recipes like it are the reason why I'm on MFP today ... :D

Beth
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I fell asleep a little after 6 pm last night and woke up at 8:30 this morning i did and have been tossing and turning my hip and thigh pain and lower back pain has had been waking me up..
    Will be seeing my new nephrologist on Wednesday and see my GP early december..