Female Muscle Building 😎💪

Options
Em_Arias27
Em_Arias27 Posts: 1 Member
hi there! my name is emery and this is my second attempt at using myfitnesspal. the first time i was in a very unhealthy headspace and used it as an aid in an eating dis0rder. now, i’m much healthier and working out with the intention of building muscle and becoming strong. i’d love to meet some friends on here and have some accountability in a positive way. i think it’s rare that women are encouraged to take up space, and as a survivor i know just how deep the desire to lose weight is pushed onto girls. i’m still healing but i would love to make some healthy connections on here!

Replies

• jiggyj9
    jiggyj9 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Emery! This hits home for me. I am an eating disorder and trauma survivor as well. Strength training is one of the main things that saved my life… growing and feeling strong, not being afraid to take up space, learning about and connecting to my body. I am grateful for this journey, and the healing process continues to deepen. Welcome back with this new healthy perspective! I would be more than happy to be a positive, supporting friend to help stay accountable in this community. 😌
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hi Emery! 40/F here, have competed in bodybuilding as well as powerlifting. Not currently training for anything in particular (meaning no immediate competition plans) other than the love for it & keeping myself sane :) I post regularly (and curse like a sailor, so heads-up there), feel free to shoot me a FR if so inclined.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,347 Member
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    Hi Emery! 40/F here, have competed in bodybuilding as well as powerlifting. Not currently training for anything in particular (meaning no immediate competition plans) other than the love for it & keeping myself sane :) I post regularly (and curse like a sailor, so heads-up there), feel free to shoot me a FR if so inclined.

She DOES curse like a sailor! 🤣🤣 I thought I swore a lot but I’m an amateur in comparison.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you're healing. Healing is a journey of ups and downs. One of my own pieces was getting obsessed with strength and bodybuilding and after a 15 year cycle of that, I finally had to admit that this was a kind of disorder, too. Hard lesson to learn.
  • binky5807
    binky5807 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - wow great to hear from people so similar! I'm in ED recovery, really want to gain muscle/weight. Would love to have accountability buddies