What Protein is the best in your opinion?

Options
So I just made a purchase of protein power from PEscience (whey+casein) I’m excited to try it, are there other brands or kinds of protein you all suggest? Or have you tried any of PEscience products?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I much prefer to get my protein from food, even as a vegetarian I don’t find it difficult to reach a decent protein level. Beans, lentils, a little dairy and the odd egg suit me better than a highly processed powder.

Not sure why the powder fad took hold when protein is easily found in everyday food. A marketing triumph I suspect! 😂
  • NeefahNee5
    NeefahNee5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    I much prefer to get my protein from food, even as a vegetarian I don’t find it difficult to reach a decent protein level. Beans, lentils, a little dairy and the odd egg suit me better than a highly processed powder.

Not sure why the powder fad took hold when protein is easily found in everyday food. A marketing triumph I suspect! 😂

I'm another of these ^^^^ people. You'll get some protein powder advice eventually, probably; and if not, there have been a lot of past threads about it (try the search function). On the food front, this may be useful:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

I don't have anything against protein powder, though I find food more tasty/satisfying personally. Protein powder can be useful to people who struggle to get enough protein from food. But there's nothing special about it. It's hyped by many influencers (who are often compensated for that hyping), so sometimes people get the impression that it's extra special good in some way.

It's not. It's (generally speaking) a highly processed, concentrated supplement that can help make up a protein gap. That's about it.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like PEScience snickerdoodle flavor
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I like Syntrax Nectar. The thick milkshake types are just inedible for me. For me, the best protein is the one I’ll consume and thick shakes are just not that.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’m almost afraid to admit it. I bought cvs vanilla when it was on sale and I had a coupon. I love it! ❤️ I’m afraid to look at the ingredients. (It’s whey). I mix it with milk and peaches Or strawberries and lots of ice on a day when it’s just too hot to eat. YUM!
    Tastes like a milkshake!