One Meal A Day( OMAD)

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    Options
    Helping what? Weight loss, or something else?

Some people benefit from OMAD (for weight loss), others don't. Just from reading here, it seems to work well for those who prefer larger meals, or who don't like cooking, or find it psychologically helpful to think about food less often, and that sort of things.

There are those who believe it has other health benefits, though I'll admit to being on the skeptical side about that. In general, for weight loss, I feel like the first consideration is finding a calorie appropriate routine that a person can stick with reasonably happily for long enough to lose a meaningful amount of weight, i.e., sustainability. (That's true regardless of whether you're counting the calories or not. Some people find that OMAD helps manage their appetite to the point where they don't need to count calories, others still need to count.)

If OMAD turns out to be your reasonably-happy calorie-appropriate routine, great. If it doesn't, that's not a personal failure, it's just a helpful learning experience that crosses something off the list of options to try. Try something else, keep going, find your personal sweet spot . . . you can succeed.
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Adab10 wrote: »
    Is OMAD helping ?

It took me 9 months to work up from 2 meals a day to OMAD. I've lost 60 pounds and my health has dramatically improved since then. My blood work is perfect. I'm no longer diabetic, and I have more energy than ever.

I follow the scientific advice of Dr. Jason Fung and Dr. Pradip Jamnadas and feel resting my digestive system for 20-23 hours a day is highly beneficial. Digesting food causes you to age and the less time you spend eating and digesting, the longer you'll live. I'm 76 and want to live to be 90.