December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo @SummerSkier @martaindale - thank you for the kind words! 😊

@martaindale - Sarah, you're totally killing it with your December miles. Great prep!!!

@Laurz9191 - well done on a quick 10K! And you got sausage!! Niiiiice. 😊

Ok, if I don't post here again... Hope you lovely ladies (+Scott !) have a great New Year's Eve! Happy New Year, and see you in the Jan 2023 thread!! 😊
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA - Happy Anniversary! Your wife is beautiful and you make a lovely couple! Congratulations on 16 years!
    Like @SummerSkier I have bathrooms mostly available where I run. One pretty much gets inhabited by homeless people (they can look the door) but the one at the other end of the trail is typically available and it has stalls and can't be locked. I also just need to not think about it but when I get home I have to 'run' to pee. My bigger issue is having stomach issues and with IBS it goes good for a while and then it is a thing again.
    I have used @juliet3455s race technique in the past as well. It does work as long as you don't try to keep up with someone who really speeds up and makes you start or try to go too fast. Been there done that and in a HM it just doesn't work well unless you really have more potential than you realize.
    @Laurz9191 - love that you got to run around that beautiful lake, even if you didn't notice it much! Great finish time too! You look very happy with your results and the sausage. In my mind I was thinking grilled bratwurst but that looks more like a cured salami?

It is pouring rain here today and since @SummerSkier got us to @eleanorhawkins I may just head over and have a nice glass of sangria and something tasty to eat! Tomorrow the storm should be gone and I can start the new year out with a run! On the other hand it would be nice to finish the year with a short run if it clears up a bit.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    @shanaber - thank you!!😊
    @Scott6255 - thanks for the encouragement. Let's see how 2023 goes...
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,903 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls
    12/26 26.58 miles, Crazy Laps! 19 °F with snow and ice
    12/27 15.44 miles, Crazy Laps!
    12/28 15.45 miles
    12/29 15.35 miles Running Partner A & E
    12/30 15.43 miles, 1705 days on the run, 887 days HM+ Streak
    12/31 15.3 miles

493.19 December 2022 run miles
    5590.4 2022 run miles
    1706 days on the run, 888 days HM+ Streak
    26,244.14 miles of running

I think that maybe @quilteryo is right and you will soon be going to the moon...... 👏👏👏😱😱👏👏
    Congratulations on another fantastic incredible UNBELIEVABLE year of running and here's to a great 2023.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,903 Member
    Options
    Nothing is impossible!! To the moon Alice 😊😊😊
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    No run for me today. I did get out for a nice long walk. I took my two old dogs for a shealk and then took my son's corgi for a longer walk. He is younger and more energetic than my two.

I did finish December with 111.5 miles. My total running miles for 2022 were 1401.2 miles. My total for 2023 including runs, walks and steps was 2095.83 miles.

Congrats to all who accomplished their goals and those who worked on them you are all an inspiration to me.

We stayed in tonight. I am ready for bed, but we have been waiting for the fireworks to settle down so the dogs will calm down. See you all next year (or I guess this year) in the January thread.