An Apology

I apologize for any of my posts that seem to imply that the way I've found to lose weight, get healthy and not put the weight back on is for everyone. Looking over what I've written, I have to agree that it DOES seem to imply that.

I guess after 60 years of yo-yo dieting and gaining more weight afterwards each time to the point of becoming morbidly obese, I'm so ecstatically happy to have found a way that works for me. It's hard for me to believe that it wouldn't help anyone who gave it a try.

I was bedridden with back pain 2 years ago and IF has been nothing short of a miracle for me. As far as diet. I made a typo. I meant to say High Protein/Low Carb.

This will be the last discussion I post here. If I could delete all my other ones, I would but don't know how.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I apologize for any of my posts that seem to imply that the way I've found to lose weight, get healthy and not put the weight back on is for everyone. Looking over what I've written, I have to agree that it DOES seem to imply that.

I guess after 60 years of yo-yo dieting and gaining more weight afterwards each time to the point of becoming morbidly obese, I'm so ecstatically happy to have found a way that works for me. It's hard for me to believe that it wouldn't help anyone who gave it a try.

I was bedridden with back pain 2 years ago and IF has been nothing short of a miracle for me. As far as diet. I made a typo. I meant to say High Protein/Low Carb.

This will be the last discussion I post here. If I could delete all my other ones, I would but don't know how.

You can't delete it, but you can ask a moderator to by Flag > Report > This is my post and I want to delete it

I hope you stick around though!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Thank you.
    Cheers, h.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Keep posting. I’ve started keto today
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    You are simply excited about what you are doing and the success you are having. That is nothing to be ashamed of. Sure enough, intermittent fasting is far from the only method, but since it is the only method you have ever found that works for you, you are completely right in saying so. If people are criticising you for that, just ignore it. They are simply projecting their own insecurities on you. Keep up the good work, don't give up and don't keep quiet. You may well be able to help some people by talking about what works for you.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited January 2023
    You are simply excited about what you are doing and the success you are having. That is nothing to be ashamed of. Sure enough, intermittent fasting is far from the only method, but since it is the only method you have ever found that works for you, you are completely right in saying so. If people are criticising you for that, just ignore it. They are simply projecting their own insecurities on you. Keep up the good work, don't give up and don't keep quiet. You may well be able to help some people by talking about what works for you.

• californiagirl1969
    californiagirl1969 Posts: 50 Member
    No need to apologize, you were just sharing what worked for you. Wonderful that you found a way that works for you.Keep up the good work.
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 227 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Nobody was criticising her for saying what worked for her.

The issue, as OP acknowledged, was extrapolating that to what will work for everyone.

It wasn't about people projecting any insecurities. :*:*

n8ap0fpdwujt.gif

Right. That was a false assumption on my part and that's why I've apologized. Not everyone can do IF but if they could, I truly believe they would benefit from it along with a healthy unprocessed food diet.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    edited January 2023

Thank you for that. My intention was to help others and that's why I took the time to write a post. After dieting almost my entire life, depriving myself and counting calories, only to gain it all back and getting heavier and heavier each year, I was beside myself with exhilaration to have found something that worked. I went from being bedbound to being able to walk again. It has been like a miracle.

At the ripe old age of 74, I was morbidly obese and had given up completely. Never wanted to ever diet again until I decided to try Intermittent Fasting. Now I'm 76 and down 60 pounds, and I thought if I could do it at my age, others could too. I guess that was a false assumption, but I know that just cutting calories for me never worked in the long run. I gained back my weight and then some like 99% of people do. This time (with IF), I've been able to keep the pounds off. From what I've read, it has a lot to do with your hunger and appetite hormones. They are more stable when you practice IF.

I see that if I initiate a post again that I will have to be careful how I word it. I'd sincerely like to help others (I'm a nurse and that's always been my M.O.) and don't want to put anyone off. Thanks again for your reply.
    Your intentions are good. That's all that counts. As for being careful how you word things, I'd like to offer this thought: you are who you are, not who others want you to be or seem. Being careful in wording things can easily dilute or even destroy the message you are trying to convey. At some point, words become a travesty. The weight loss world is full of euphemisms and words that are used to "soften" a message or cover it up. That helps no one. Reality is what the facts are, and they deserve to be named appropriately, not covered up by some random term or phrasing that only hints at what is being talked about.