🧣❄☃🏆BE A LOSER with the 2023 Winter 5% Challenge!🏆☃❄🧣

Dianedoessmiles1
Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,429 Member
THANKS to the 5% Challenge I've lost 120 LBS!! Are you looking for support? Encouragement to not only exercise (at your current level if it's 10 mins 3 times a week or up to 2 hours a day, and Everything in between!)and learning to take care of yourself with healthy habits.
Thanks to one of our members who put together a video you can now watch this and learn more easier. Here's the video which we've kindly posted to youtube!

We'd LOVE to have YOU join us and write your very own success story with us! Here's the link to join the 2023 Winter 5% Challenge.

JOIN Now please to secure your seat with us, the challenge is due to start at the start of January.

After you hit JOIN PLEASE PLEASE Post for the team of your choice (many are full so you may need to post on the Any team choice etc.
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143963-2023-winter-5-community-team-plz-join-us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71wfFuaRmvU

Replies

• DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 8,615 Member
    Love the 5%. Been participating for years and it helps keep me on track and from going over the cliff weight wise. I love the realistic time commitment of 8 weeks at a time, that everyone can participate regardless of their current physical state (health issues, exercise limitations, physically fit, and even at goal but want to maintain that), that the welfare of the individual is more important that the competition (but the competition can also be fun and we celebrate doing well), and that there are 3 ways for a team to win - weight loss, exercise minutes and participation in healthy habits (Living the Good Life challenges that change weekly).
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 5,700 Member
    I love the 5% Challenge Team!! Always a great bunch of team-mates ready to help me stay committed when I might be tempted ... or to encourage me to get back on track, when I derail myself!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    The 5% Challenge Team is a game changer for getting and staying healthier. Team support is better than going solo. No judging. No slamming. Simply support and ears to listen. I've been on the journey to lose weight for seven years and have gone from 220 to 150. Maintenance is somewhat harder in staying focused and less rewarding when you don't see the scale move. THANK YOU to leaders and teammates who keep me centered in my health goals.
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    The 5% challenge teams are awesome. Having support without judgement is so helpful in my weight loss. We travel virtually to different exciting destinations and learn about cultures and cities that in real life I would never have learned about. Accountability with "friends" is so much better than rule filled groups I have been on before.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    I love the 5% challenge!!! If it wasn't for them I probably would weigh more than I did when I started. I have been with them since they were with Sparks. They were with me when I lost my 100th pound. They were there when I was about 10 pounds from goal(last year) and they have been there through this rough 2022 when I lost my Mom at the end of January and the scale started going up. They are there and will continue to be there to support and cheer me on through all the ups and downs. THEY CAN DO THAT FOR YOU!! All you have to do is join and participate.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Oh I agree with the above!! There's NO WAY I could ever maintain where I am at on my own, I've tried it in the past! I FAILED!! But now? SUCCESS.

Please do come and join us and write your own success. We can't do this alone, with can with support and giggles along the way!!
  • dbeau57
    dbeau57 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Diane, you've always been an inspiration for me! The 5% challenges I've done over the years have really helped!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    dbeau57 wrote: »
    Diane, you've always been an inspiration for me! The 5% challenges I've done over the years have really helped!

Awww Donna,, THANKS!! ALL of you inspire me, and we inspire each other!! WHAT A GREAT GROUP/TEAM!
  • PaulaKNW
    PaulaKNW Posts: 2,179 Member
    I feel so lucky to have found the 5% challenge, and appreciate the work that goes into it. Checking in is part of my day, and a huge reason for my continuing success at maintenance. Not only is there friendship, accountability, and fun - I'm also always learning something new here about a healthy lifestyle. Give it a try!
  • Jer2ber
    Jer2ber Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited December 2022
    I was hesitant to commit to the 5% challenge in the beginning, “I am way too busy to add this to my daily regimen”, “I don’t know these people and don’t need anyone to judge me more than I already do” but I did decide to join and have to say I have never met a nicer, non-judgmental, more supportive group of people in my life. The leaders find ways to make every challenge fun, interesting, and something I can do in the limited time I have available, and in addition to my teammates, are like my MFP family. They are aways supportive if I fall backwards, and lift me up with their, “you can do this” attitude and positivity. This group is serious about improving health, they know what needs to be done to make progress because they’ve done it and they devote so much of their time and talents to helping anyone who needs it. The 5% challenge is a part of my life now, I sign up for it every season, these people are my everyday “workout buddies” that I have looked for in the past. They have done so much for me and I am very thankful and grateful to them. I am so happy that I joined the challenge because simply put it has just changed my life for the better.