NO CHEATS FOR TWO WEEKS - SIGN THE PLEDGE

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Yeah this.
    I can't make a no cheat pledge because my plan has no way to cheat. I haven't cut out anything because that would set me up for certain failure.

ex:

No reason for this to be posted. Ignore thread if it doesn't fit but this was snark insinuating failure of people your restrict.

So, you can read minds then?

The post speaks for itself. If a topic doesn't apply to you why go in and talk about failure?
    I have joint issues, I don't go into running threads and start talking about how that doesn't work for me.

Geez. Thick skulls, some of you.

you're new here.

you've lost virtually no weight.

and yet you're chastising people who have been here a lot longer than you, with much more substantial results.

maybe... just maybe... if you'd listen to these people, you might learn something.

this isn't their first rodeo. you're not the first newb who has arrived on here already knowing all of the answers and outraged that she's not being listened to and treated like a special snowflake.

even if the advice is not being delivered with a heaping teaspoon of sugar to make it sweet sounding, the advice being offered *is* valid and helpful.

i for one am just about done trying to help people like you. i don't really care what you do. you could go on a 365-day air fast for all i care. based on your responses on this thread, you are beyond reaching. however, there are lurkers reading this thread. that's why BeachIron and others are taking the time to post. it's not for you, it's for them. some of them are willing to listen and learn. some of them can see that valid advice offered with a little bit of snark is still valid advice.

anyway, that's all from me on this thread. i'd wish you good luck, but... meh.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    That's you.
    We are all different.
    Some people consider that sabotage when you are putting down their plan. Not everything works for everyone.

There's really no more for me to say. I can acknowledge words and posts can work 2 ways. What I don't understand is why some posters also can't see it.

If anyone is putting anyone down in this thread it is you. You are the one posting snark. You are the one insulting people.

Again, step back and take a moment.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    "consider it sabotage". Does that make it sabotage? If you put down a bad plan AND offer a better plan, is that real sabotage?

I can consider that water isn't wet but that doesn't make it so
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THIS POST:
    OP, I think you know what you are talking about as far as knowing your trigger foods.

I just found an amazing article you all may want to check out that would solve a lot of this controversy. It's called: "Physical Craving and Food Addiction: A Scientific Review."

Here's the link: http://foodaddictioninstitute.org/scientific-research/physical-craving-and-food-addiction-a-scientific-review/

the first principle for treatment is complete abstinence from the toxic substance. Some say that you can’t abstain from food(s) because “you have to eat,” but this misses the recovery point. Alcoholics abstain from “drinking”, but this does not mean they do not drink anything; alcoholics just don’t drink – or eat foods containing – alcohol. Similarly, food addicts do not stop eating all foods; they just eliminate those foods which are toxic for them.

In addition, I agree that setting a deadline is a good thing. It's important to have that long-term goal, but it's also critical to set smaller goals (like two weeks or something similar) so you can feel a sense of accomplishment. For me, it's today! Then today . . . then today . . . etc. I do have a long-term goal, then a shorter term goal, then, you guessed it, today! : )

THIS POSTER GETS IT!
  • Zuzanna100
    Zuzanna100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah this.
    I can't make a no cheat pledge because my plan has no way to cheat. I haven't cut out anything because that would set me up for certain failure.

ex:

No reason for this to be posted. Ignore thread if it doesn't fit but this was snark insinuating failure of people your restrict.

The post speaks for itself. If a topic doesn't apply to you why go in and talk about failure?
    I have joint issues, I don't go into running threads and start talking about how that doesn't work for me.

you're new here.

and yet you're chastising people who have been here a lot longer than you, with much more substantial results.

maybe... just maybe... if you'd listen to these people, you might learn something.

this isn't their first rodeo. you're not the first newb who has arrived on here already knowing all of the answers and outraged that she's not being listened to and treated like a special snowflake.

even if the advice is not being delivered with a heaping teaspoon of sugar to make it sweet sounding, the advice being offered *is* valid and helpful.

i for one am just about done trying to help people like you. i don't really care what you do. you could go on a 365-day air fast for all i care. based on your responses on this thread, you are beyond reaching. however, there are lurkers reading this thread. that's why BeachIron and others are taking the time to post. it's not for you, it's for them. some of them are willing to listen and learn. some of them can see that valid advice offered with a little bit of snark is still valid advice.

It's definitely not my first rodeo, either. I've lost weight and kept it off, this is from medicines and illnesses that I'm currently struggling with atm. I know what I'm doing through my own trials that came before MFP.
    Maybe you should learn to help those that seek your help, which this thread did none of advice seeking.

For some people weight is a control issue and some of you are mighty controlling about what someone is doing. Put it out there but this arguing is really pointless. You keep going. I'm just defending but I'm trying to teach you something, too but you're only in the mood to be "teacher" maybe it's time you be student for one thread!
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Yeah this.

ex:

you're new here.

It's definitely not my first rodeo, either. I've lost weight and kept it off, this is from medicines and illnesses that I'm currently struggling with atm. I know what I'm doing through my own trials that came before MFP.
    Maybe you should learn to help those that seek your help, which this thread did none of advice seeking.

For some people weight is a control issue and some of you are mighty controlling about what someone is doing. Put it out there but this arguing is really pointless. You keep going. I'm just defending but I'm trying to teach you something, too but you're only in the mood to be "teacher" maybe it's time you be student for one thread!

Again, insult, insult and insult.

Instead, share your experiences and be respectful doing so, rather than insulting people and resorting to snark while accusing others of doing exactly that.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    One more thing to say to these "no banned foods" and "all foods in moderation" - if they are such experts in moderation and don't ever binge, have no food addictions, no trigger foods, then how on earth did they come to be obese?

they learned the hard way. they got fat... tried to get thin following gimmick diets and deprivation diets... had mixed results... finally figured it out... and were eventually successful at not only losing, but maintaining.

if you really want motivation and support, find the people who have lost 100+ lbs and LISTEN to them.

don't listen to somebody who has been here 2 weeks and has only lost 6lbs (5lbs of which was water).
  • Needtostart797
    Options
    I don't think this forum went the way she expected it to lol
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I find I would rather eat them and keep it under my cal, than just not eat what I like. The other day, I had like 200 or so cal left, so I ate a sugar free sees candy chocolate bar. Deeelicious. Only 180 cal. I also get rainbow wheat bread 40 cal/ slice!) I eat tacos all the time with guerro small corn tortillas (100 cal for 2) warmed up or grilled with butter flavored 0 cal cooking spray. Soo good! If I have to live this way, Im not giving up what I enjoy. As long as I eat under my intake, Im good :D
  • Zuzanna100
    Options
    Yeah this.

ex:

you're new here.

Instead, share your experiences and be respectful doing so, rather than insulting people and resorting to snark while accusing others of doing exactly that.

None of that was in my post.
    There's nothing more for me to say. You've made your point. You want to be in control. Go ahead, there's always an audience. I'm not a fan. What was put here in THIS thread has only been narrow-sightedness that there is only one path in this journey.

Sir, I respectfully disagree and will leave it at that.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    One more thing to say to these "no banned foods" and "all foods in moderation" - if they are such experts in moderation and don't ever binge, have no food addictions, no trigger foods, then how on earth did they come to be obese?

For me it was 80+ hour workweeks while sitting at a desk and simply eating way too much and not moving enough.

From watching others struggle with trigger foods, sure cut them out, but as I said in my original post, don't beat yourself up when you do eat one and it triggers you. There is a bad cycle there, and I've seen others break it by being better to themselves. It is interesting that the same thing seems to work in a different way for those with EDs. I have friends IRL who have struggled with both. But again, just my two cents. Be nice to you. I don't think that's a bad message is it?

No one comes from it exactly the same way and all we can do is offer our own experiences.
  • Zuzanna100
    Options
    One more thing to say to these "no banned foods" and "all foods in moderation" people, who, some have said, as these Great Experts that "Know it All" and we have to listen --- - if they are such experts in "moderation" and don't ever binge, have no food addictions, no trigger foods, then how on earth did they come to be obese?

I think there are a group of people on here who just love to sabotage.

They know all about trigger foods etc and encourage people to eat them, knowing that the dieter will either binge on the trigger foods, or eat a BIT of the trigger food then go through emotional hell trying not to binge.

Either way, the saboteur gets the ego-trip. They don't WANT others to succeed, because it diminishes their own success. A bit like climbing the ladder, then pulling it up after yourself, but it's done in an insidious fashion, under the guise of "only trying to help".

These are the SAME people who will keep on telling a recovering alcoholic that it's OK to have "just one drink". Same with the person who kicked heroin or tobacco..... yeah, go on, just have ONE little cigarette ... you know it's really BAD to BAN cigarettes, it only makes you want them more ..... go on, let me light it for you ....

The saboteur is then able to go about crowing about how THEY gave up successfully, and look down on the person they sabotaged, who is still drinking/smoking/shooting up, and feel sooo superior.

So happy you see it.
    Women are especially vulnerable to this for some reason.
  • 366to266
    Options
    I find I would rather eat them and keep it under my cal, than just not eat what I like. The other day, I had like 200 or so cal left, so I ate a sugar free sees candy chocolate bar. Deeelicious. Only 180 cal. I also get rainbow wheat bread 40 cal/ slice!) I eat tacos all the time with guerro small corn tortillas (100 cal for 2) warmed up or grilled with butter flavored 0 cal cooking spray. Soo good! If I have to live this way, Im not giving up what I enjoy. As long as I eat under my intake, Im good :D

HOW DID YOU GET FAT IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN?????? SHEER GLUTTONY?
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't participate, since I don't diet, and therefore don't "cheat". can't imagine eating like that, tbh. But good luck.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I ate half a carrot cake for lunch I feel freaking awesome! If it fits I shall have it!

So did your 1/2 portion tally to some 3300 calories for lunch? Wonder what you ate for breakfast & dinner too. Would you mind sharing what your intake was for today? TY!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 2-layer cake serving (8" or 9" dia, 4" high)

Amount Per Serving

Calories from Fat 3007
    Calories 6528

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 334.08g 514%
    Saturated Fat 61.616g 308%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 142.928g
    Monounsaturated Fat 111.072g
    Cholesterol 960mg 320%
    Sodium 2944mg 123%
    Potassium 1600mg
    Total Carbohydrate 847.36g 282%
    Dietary Fiber 17.6g 70%
    Sugars 625.92g
    Protein 61.76g
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Yeah this.

ex:

you're new here.

None of that was in my post.
    There's nothing more for me to say. You've made your point. You want to be in control. Go ahead, there's always an audience. I'm not a fan. What was put here in THIS thread has only been narrow-sightedness that there is only one path in this journey.

Sir, I respectfully disagree and will leave it at that.

I don't think "respectfully disagree" means what you think it means for the reasons I've put in bold above.

And I do believe that I mentioned above that you may want to share your experiences, and I wouldn't define that as "narrow-sightedness."
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I'm just a lurker reading all this nonsense... but I really don't think shouting at people and calling them fat is going to help convince people that you've got the moral high ground here.
  • captndalton
    captndalton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    .... don't listen to somebody who has been here 2 weeks and has only lost 6lbs (5lbs of which was water).

There's a good point. Almost everybody on here, if they're successful or not, has some idea that they're a RD/nutrition expert. The important realization for everyone is that everybody else is different and people fall into diets at different stages and goals.
    I'm starting a 3-month diet on Monday. I'll pledge with you, OP. No cheats.

also, for those that have all the answers on how to diet. You're not complimenting yourself by claiming that cutting out certain types of food will lead you to certain failure. That's a personal problem that you'll eventually have to work through.
  • 366to266
    Options

they learned the hard way. they got fat... tried to get thin following gimmick diets and deprivation diets... had mixed results... finally figured it out... and were eventually successful at not only losing, but maintaining.

This ^^^^ IS NONSENSE! If you are massively obese, and you do not deprive yourself of anything, how the hell do you lose weight? There has to be SOME deprivation, for continuing to eat the same way will result in more and more weight being gained.
    if you really want motivation and support, find the people who have lost 100+ lbs and LISTEN to them.

I did - on the Atkins Diet Bulletin Board and Low Carb Friends. There are thousands and thousands of people on there who have lost over 100lb. And not one of them did it by eating sugar "in moderation."

ULTIMATELY, it's none of your business how I am losing. If you didn't want to join me in a two week pledge to keep to whatever diet it is that you are following, WHY JOIN THIS THREAD AT ALL?

This thread is ONLY for people who want to join the pledge. The rest of you can bog off and go pick on a vegetarian or something.
  • 366to266
    Options

I'm just a lurker reading all this nonsense... but I really don't think shouting at people and calling them fat is going to help convince people that you've got the moral high ground here.

It wasn't an insult -- it was a question. I am sick and tired of them banging on about moderation, when they themselves clearly are UNABLE to eat in moderation! Did you even bother to read my OP?
This discussion has been closed.