WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    It is cold outside, but the sun is shining. It is a bright, bright sunshiny day. I plan to enjoy the view and stay warm inside. 😊
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    jam0525 wrote: »
    “RVRita from NM (I live in an RV and manage a campground with my DH)“

We need to talk! I am a Sister on the Fly and we are always looking for an RV campground to have events at.

I have a 2021 Retro 166 that I pull with my 2008 Tacoma. Unless I get sick like I did this winter, I go camping regularly year round.

Jeannie in Edgewood NM

Come to Roswell! Bottomless Lakes State Park! We have been here for 5.5 years now hosting/managing the campers. I would love to meet you and visit!

RVRita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Poor Miles is trying to fall asleep and mom will be home any minute.. and then we are supposed to go to Kid City at 1.,im hoping he won't be cranky and be up for it..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Gratitude list
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE—- Today I appreciate pancakes!

1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think—DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses——DONE
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house—tossed Christmas card I had collected
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)—This year was jewelry from my ‘adopted’ granddaughter.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today—-Done plus #1 again!
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year—-Bringing my car to the car wash one or more times a month!
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today—-Breakfast-savored the texture of my OUI yogurt versus the granola I added.
    8 Who was your favorite teacher—My French teacher in High School. Sister Jeannette
    9 Create something today—-I will work on my crochet - making a granny square afghan out of left over yarn.
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song—Against the wind, We were running against the wind. We were young and strong, we were running against the wind.
    11 Send a card/note to someone today—Done! Note to DH and card for Uncle’s birthday.
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Losing weight and better financial status.
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today—Done!
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol) 1. I got to go to TN to attend my daughter’s wedding last year, My brother from AZ came to visit us in NM, I experienced my first 5.4 earthquake in NM this past December.
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week—Called my mom, and texted my 3 kids.
    16 What made you smile today—-The beautiful scenery on my morning wetlands walk.
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—! Picture in spoiler

On my morning walk. You can see Captain Mountain in the background (where Billy the Kid had his hideout)
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...heat, air conditioning, water, sewer, a roof over my head, a car, internet, electronics, clothes, shoes, medicines, food, means of cooking, refrigerator, use of a freezer, use of a washer/dryer, books, writing utensils, everything I use every day!
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently—Done!
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself. I’m tenacious, my hair color, my love of learning, my ability to mediate, my technology abilities.
    21 Pay it forward in some way—to be accomplished
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?—Being debt free.
    23 Go an entire day without complaining—-This is going to tough!
    24 What about you makes you special? My patience
    25 Spend time with a loved one—My DH (do it every day!)
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy? When my babies were born.
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend - This is something I do often
    28 What fear have you overcome? Divorcing my first husband
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice. I made a [/spoiler] report on missing items for a camper rather than making the Ranger do it. He was off duty.
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed? On my 60th birthday party with my two daughters. (Almost 7 years ago)
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...will try but unless DH goes somewhere, it will be very difficult. I did get 5 minutes yesterday sitting on a bench in the freezing weather, better than none!

RVRita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Sue in WA!
    Welcome @Jenni4W. Oh boy have I struggled to incorporate fitness into my lifestyle. What’s helped me has been finding activities I like (line dancing, dog walking) and linking my must-do-Physical Therapy exercises to something I do every morning (after weigh-in, before readings). Keep trying different approaches until you find, like Machka said, what works for you!
    Welcome @creechfamily9004 Cindy from MO. You are so close to your goal, well done!
    New ladies, be sure to watch for the link to February’s thread. Barbie will post it toward the end of the day.
    Karen 4 dog walks a day, WOW!
    Kylia “flex tape” LOL!
    Lanette re: 2nd breakfast,Joe is the tallest hobbit EVER. Haven’t clicked the buy button yet, but this is the PXL, relaxed fit, waterproof rain jacket for me: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/82605?productId=1343497 Hope the lilac mist will still be in stock when I muster the courage (or when LL Bean offers a sale.)
    Lisa yours to Machka and to Jenni4W. Well said. Mixed blessing on the cancellation, immediate relief vs postponed dread. :cry:
    Katla your sunshine on snow view sounds beautiful… far away from me ;) Would any of your neighbors have some immodium to tide you over till your DD takes you shopping?
    Beth and Ginny yours to Machka.

Beautiful clear (chilly) blue sky day, so time to get up and out before the wind kicks up.
    When it gets too windy, will tackle that pile of papers-to-be-filed, :astonished:

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    January: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Worked then went to the gym (yea!), stopped at the Salvation Army to make a donation (and, of course, go in). Then went to Sam’s to get my glasses fixed, they were too tight at the ear.

It’s drizzling out right now. Hopefully, it’ll stop so I can go for my walk

Jenni – a while ago I used to abhor going to the gym every day. So I started M,W, and F, eventually I added in Sat. Little at a time. Take baby steps and pretty soon you’ll be craving exercise every day. I need to exercise first thing in the morning or else it doesn’t get done. The only exception is when I go to the gym on Tuesdays. I go right from work. If I come home first – forget it. Another thing that I do is plan a few days in advance what I’m going to do. Sometimes I admit that I do change it up at the last minute, but I have a plan. Actually, now that I think about it, I started exercising only T and Thurs. Then I advance to M, W and F. Then every day. Now that I’m working a few hours in the morning, I don’t get to exercise every day but I do try to get something in on some days when I don’t work. For me, at first, I needed to go to the gym. Needed someone to hold me accountable. When I got into the habit, then I was able to do it at home. To me, the disadvantage to doing it at home is that I can easily fall into bad habits (like not keeping my spine straight)

Barbie – I’ve lately gotten to listening to the “Eat this Not That” podcasts when I go for my walk

Lisa – I hate being cold, too. At work just going into the refrigerator to put my prep away is plenty for me, thank you. I’m so sorry the colonoscopy was canceled. At least you didn’t have to do the prep. Enjoy the egg!

Cindy – welcome!

Rori and Lisa – Vince just bought a lot of Girl Scout cookies and I thought of you two when he did

The one and only thing that’s good about January being over is that it makes it closer to when we go to FL

Michele NC
    Pg 89
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tried tilapia for lunch for the first time. It is unlikely I’ll try it again. My digestive system is not happy. :noway:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Machka ... unless your MRI results are shared with you through an online "chart" or some other source, you need to see the doctor for your results, don't you? Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow ...

Beth

My doctors have just texted me that my results are within normal parameters for various things in the past. I got a text like that regarding my blood work last week.

Doctors here are so booked up they would rather not have you in if you don't need to be.

Anyway I will get the results in the app next week and my Dr appointment is in 3 weeks.

Lanette ... I don't find MRIs any noisier than a bus or snoring husband. They give you ear plugs and headphones, then play music through the headphones. Very relaxing.

M in Oz

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options