JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday - no treats after dinner!
    1. YMCA - Bodypump, StrongLifts, cycle, Zumba.
    2. Tweetchats, coffee & protein bar.
    3. Library volunteering.
    4. Shower and nap!
    5. Sort laundry.
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before???
    7. Duolingo, Pokemon, library book.
    8. Evening: GRADING. Ugh. Dinner: Probably leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Honestly I would also like to re-craft my school necklace and make a few bracelets with round beads. And I need to head in a little early once my bulletin board is mounted and we get the car back so that I can shoot my new-room video. Need to review student reading logs!! Where are my calendars? Need to finish putting up posters now that bulletin board is mounted so that I can do the video.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 201.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How are you supposed to feel about students who come once every ten days, presumably so their families don’t lose state benefits? How do I care without it becoming worry?

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. Brought grading home this weekend. Bleugh! I think I need to do three class sets tomorrow and maybe six on Sunday. That should have me pretty well prepped for the next week. Oo, and I forgot to turn in lesson plans. Whelp, that'll have to wait. *shrug*
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Feeling overwhelmed today. My only health-related goals are to log my food and water. Other than that, I have so much housework to do; I can’t believe I’ve let things get this bad. Also went to a career counselor and he completely ripped apart my resume so now I have to revamp that. And I’ve barely written all week because work zaps all my creative energy.

Hoping to make at least a little bit of progress this weekend so one day I can quit the corporate world altogether, spend as much time in nature as I can, and just live off my writing. But my total royalties last month were about $13.00, despite launching a brand new book so…I’ve got a ways to go :/

Logged my food and water. Survived the work day. Did one load of laundry. That’s all I’ve accomplished today. Going to a writers networking event tomorrow morning then back to cleaning my apartment and trying to work on my own writing.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Recap: Friday, September 8
    Log - :)
    Healthy food choices - No junk, but not balanced - too much red meat and not enough veggies
    Under calorie limit - About 100 over
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No

JFT Saturday, September 9
    Log
    Healthy food choices
    Under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise ?
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2023
    Options
    JFT for 9/8/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/7)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 9/8✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    JFT for 9/9/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/7)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 9/11
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    **Starting again!
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my watermelon, I won't eat again until dinner, probably early dinner with FIL. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 9/9/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/7)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 9/11✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)✔️Didn't eat today
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    JFT for 9/10/2023 (today)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/7)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)

**Starting again!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. I can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my blueberries, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Had a really busy & long day Saturday, and just laid around yesterday. Today is another long work day, and a run day. I'm totally not feeling it, but I'll do it. Other than that, I'm not sure what I have planned. One long day and I'm wiped out for multiple days. It's crazy.

My pooch is starting to have seizures. They put him on medicine, but it will take a couple of weeks to kick in. Right now he is also starting to experience trouble walking. I'm afraid it won't be too much longer that we have his company.

JFT Monday
    - Work by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings 7:00-11:00, then another at 2:00
    - Prep for tomorrow's meetings
    - Leave work by 3:30
    - Nap
    - Run (or run then nap)
    - Dinner at home
    - Bed by 10:00

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Elliptical.
    2. AM duty. Need to call BQ caregiver - refusal to do poem? SO MANY CALLS. Review IEP accommodations. Enter into doc. Review after meeting during planning.
    3. In class: Review character analysis requirements. Make-up work on poem.
    4. Planning - Meeting. Review IEP requirements. Input Lexiles. Send absence notice.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher!
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? Call R about training.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations!
    8. Evening: Therapy. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Honestly I would also like to re-craft my school necklace and make a few bracelets with round beads. And I need to head in a little early once my bulletin board is mounted and we get the car back so that I can shoot my new-room video. Need to review student reading logs!! Where are my calendars? Need to finish putting up posters now that bulletin board is mounted so that I can do the video. Also need to make room for the bike behind my desk.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 199.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How are you supposed to feel about students who come once every ten days, presumably so their families don’t lose state benefits?

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. Definitely glad to have some progress on the scale but still feeling overwhelmed at school.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 9/10/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/7)✔️Didn't eat today
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 9/11✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)✔️Didn't eat today
    JFT for 9/11/2023 (today)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/7)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.

**Starting again!

Sample

[/quote]

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Recap: Saturday, September 9
    Log - No
    Healthy food choices - No - Takeout for lunch and dinner
    Under calorie limit - No
    Exercise - No

Recap Sunday, September 10
    Healthy food choices - Mixed bag
    Under calorie limit - Over by 116
    Exercise - No

JFT Monday, September 11
    Log
    Healthy food choices
    Under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise ?
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Recap Monday, September 11
    Healthy food choices - :)
    Under calorie limit - :)
    Exercise - No :(

JFT Tuesday, September 12
    Log
    Healthy food choices
    Under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise ?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,820 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tues Sept 12
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move 30 Minutes
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,820 Member
    Options
    Heather - I like the new painting as well. It’s funny how different styles evoke different feelings.
    The craft piece is all cut paper, but it’s cut in my Cricut cutting machine. I bought the file. It was a lot of fun. We are wanting to do another one now. She compared it to a puzzle.

Vicki - Are your feet still hurting, I bet that’s what set your hip to hurting.

Lisa - If I had my life to live over again, I would make different decisions when it came to work ethic in my partner.
    DH has no problem going to work and rarely misses a day when he likes the job. When he doesn’t he will call in sick. He’s been known to quit jobs with no notice and been let go for attitude. This is one of the reasons I was never able to walk away from situations, even when I should have.

Pip - I hope you enjoy your new bike. I can’t walk as fast as I used to. I have never ran.

Lisa - I can feel the gratitude coming off the page when you write about Corey. Kelsey choosing to stay with him sure does speak volumes.

Kim - I am appalled that they would expect anyone to have to pay 5 months at once . What a mess. I think I would call my congress person as well. My FIL was fond of calling the MLA (equivalent to your congressman) here and he managed to get a lot settled.

I didn’t do much at all today. My very late night last night wiped me out. I think I’m going to head to bed early tonight.

Tracey in Edmonton