JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 962 Member
    Recap - Monday 9/18
    Log - :)
    Healthy meals - :)
    Stay under calorie limit - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No
    2 chores - Only 1 small one
    Grade diagnostic essays - No

JFT Tuesday 9/19
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    2 chores
    Prep/grading
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 3,021 Member
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Drink lots of liquids, go for two or three mini walks, track all my food
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I hate when I'm voluntold to do something that I really don't have time for. I hope things level out for you a bit, until then try to keep your chin up.

Thanks. In fairness, I got leftover pizza? :wink:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited September 2023
    JFT Wednesday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Park run. Duolingo. Bike to school. Get footage for new-room video.
    2. Enter grammar test; revise grades. Work on revising Act 2. Revise lesson plans. Write up ESOL case study.
    3. In class: Independent reading. Lesson: Act 2, scene 3 - reading and study guide. Closer: Hero top 10 list.
    4. Planning - Calls. NEED TO CALL A **AGAIN**. Check in with D; what's going on? Refer to counselor. Discuss benchmark Qs with co-teacher. Align study guide to benchmark. Refer absences to social worker. Grade journals and enter.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher!
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? What are the areas of concern here? Also need to draft a list to send to R of members MIA.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations! Where even is my sheet for this school??? Need also to find my time sheet for organizer job.
    8. Evening: Physical therapy. Dinner: Leftover pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Look into GCTE for next year. Need to talk to therapist about lower back and running form. Need to look into other options for wisdom teeth removal, also see if medical insurance will help to cover it.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 202.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How do you take the hurt out of caring? Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. My desk is STILL a mess but I managed to get through the day.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • beachwalker99
    Recap - Tuesday 9/19
    Exercise - :)
    2 chores - :)
    Prep/grading - :)

JFT Wednesday 9/20
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    2 chores
    Prep/grading
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,443 Member
    Didn't write goals for yesterday, but had a good day. Ate fairly well and got in my training ride. I was obviously more spent after the ride than I realized because I forgot to take my bike off the car when I got home. Luckily, I live in a pretty safe neighborhood and nobody bothered it.

Also took mom to the doctor yesterday. Her eyesight is failing and she needs new glasses. She is hesitant, but I'm not sure why. Her Alzheimer's is also appearing to progress. She told me an outlandish story that she really believes happened. I'm not sure if it was a dream or a hallucination, but either way she is mad at me for questioning her. We opted not to get the lung scan this year, because as she told the doctor "I'm not going to quit smoking, so it really doesn't matter." Sigh, I agree with the decision as she had one last year. I think every other year is sufficient as long as she isn't experiencing issues.

Today is trivia night, but it is also the day my MIL will find out she has liver cancer which has at minimum spread to her lymphatic system. Not sure how she'll take it or if she will want to fight it. Depends on how aggressive the cancer is, and this we don't know. My SIL read the doctors notes on-line Saturday and found out, but there are a lot of questions. She decided it was best to let the doctor tell my MIL so they (SIL goes with MIL to doc) could ask questions of him rather than us. It's scary and unknown, but we will deal as best we can. Prayers appreciated!

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP
    - Maybe leave early and get a walk and shower in before the evening activities, whatever that will be.
    - Trivia or go to MIL's
    - If Trivia:
    - Pizza for dinner
    - Limit 3 beers
    - Maybe shoot pool after trivia, if we go and hubby is up to it
    - If MIL's:
    - Dinner with family, still may order pizza for simplicity
    - Home by 10:00
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 9/19/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want no sugar added or sugarfree.(last 9/17)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/11)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 9/21✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 9/18)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 9/14)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Crisps ok today. (last 9/18) Can have around 1 oz every other day or so.✔️

JFT for 9/20/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want no sugar added or sugarfree.(last 9/17)
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/11)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 9/21
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 9/18)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 9/14)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Crisps ok today. (last 9/18) Can have around 1 oz every other day or so.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    **Starting again!
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

[/quote]

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,816 Member
    Shopping day today. Fridge cleaned out.
    Accounts completed for weeks 1/2 of U3A group meetings.
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞 JFT: SEPTEMBER 2023 🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    September focus:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

September update: focusing on consolidating solid habits.
    Daily Solid Habits:
    💎Right This Minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎Walk/Make beds/Shiny Sinks
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 5500 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 25
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC/Hogwarts
    💎Close Fitbit rings/Zone minutes
    💎Building Healthy Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Switch off screens at 11.15pm
    💎Clutter Sweep
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

😎 Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,816 Member
    @pridesabtch So sorry about your MiL. 🙏 🙏 🙏 for both her and the family.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I eat my blueberries, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Evening Commitment- One piece of candy, and cook dinner from scratch. Not a prepackaged meal.
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Walk 10,000 steps, have 3 cups of tea, track all my food
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish eating my yogurt, I'll go for a long walk. Can have my watermelon after the walk. Nothing else then until tomorrow.

I have foot surgery Friday and I'm not looking forward to it! Won't be able to walk much for awhile :(
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 232 Member
    @pridesabtch - So sorry for both your MIL and your mom's issues, so tough on them and the whole family. My mom had dementia (amid other mental health issues) and navigating trying to help someone who can't make clear decisions for themselves is really challenging both mentally and physically. Do your best to take care of yourself, so you can stay strong for yourself & others! It's a tough gig for sure!!
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 232 Member
    I've been meeting my goals since Monday, and weighing and logging daily. The hubby is visiting his family this weekend and I'm opting out because I know it's a day filled with fatty food and alcohol, and I'd either have to abstain or bring my own food, both of which would elicit eyerolls from his family. His sister can be really cutting and as much as I don't want to make my husband travel alone, my mindset is too new and I know I'd abandon it and tell myself I'll "start fresh on Monday" especially dealing with their "peer pressure" and watching everyone else party it up. Not to mention I am uncomfortable being around his sister for an extended period, as like I said she's treated me and my kids like crap in the past, and allowed her kids to treat us the same way. Like her kids not acknowledging us when we're visiting (they'll walk right past without even a hello, and she says nothing), or leaving a room the moment we enter. Those issues happened 18 months ago when we threw an 80th birthday party for his mom, where she acted like a selfish brat and a tyrant but because she is such a bully no one would confront her - she's also been going through a stressful time for years now between a divorce and buying a business and various kid issues, but the way she deals with it is "punching down" to people who don't deserve it but are easy targets. Like me and my kids. I felt like it was my husband's job to stick up for us, I didn't want to be the one to confront her about her behavior - certainly not at their mom's 80th birthday - and in the months that followed when her own family wouldn't do it, it just feeds the idea that I'm "oversensitive" and "imagining things." So a long way around to say that I can be around her and be nice - we've had many dealings since then, and she's even spent the night here when she was traveling for business and it was fine - but I'm not interested in spending the night in her home at the same time struggling to maintain a renewed mindset. But as you can see from the novel I've written I feel a little guilty and defensive about it, especially since his sister has asked a couple of times if I'm coming. I was mad at my husband because even then, instead of bringing up the real issue he said "I think she feels uncomfortable being the only spouse" (since both his brother & sister are divorced and single) so once again it's putting it on me, and his sister texted to say she "considers me a sister" and to please come. :| So now I'm afraid it will become a "thing" if I don't come....blah blah blah. Right now I am falling down on the side of prioritizing my own health & well-being....but being a "people pleaser" that can take a bit of backbone on my part! Anywho sorry for the rant....on with the day!

JFT
    log food
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    workout & stretch
  • beachwalker99
    @pridesabtch - My heart goes out to you and your family. Prayers for your mom, your mother-in-law, and all who love them.
  • beachwalker99
    Recap - Wednesday 9/20
    Exercise - :) Very short walk with the kids, but at least I got out.
    2 chores - :)
    Prep/grading - :) Got a lot done during office hours. Guess my students were out enjoying the sunshine.

JFT Thursday, 9/21
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    2 chores
    Prep/grading