JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Recap - Wednesday 9/20
    Log - :)
    Healthy meals - :)
    Stay under calorie limit - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - :) Very short walk with the kids, but at least I got out.
    2 chores - :)
    Prep/grading - :) Got a lot done during office hours. Guess my students were out enjoying the sunshine.

JFT Thursday, 9/21
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    2 chores
    Prep/grading
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Park run. Duolingo. Bike to school..
    2. Enter grammar test; revise grades. Work on revising Act 3. Week 8 lesson plans. Write up ESOL case study.
    3. In class: Independent reading. Lesson: Watch Act 3. Closer: Hero top 10 list.
    4. Planning - Calls. NEED TO CALL A **AGAIN**. Check in with D; what's going on? Refer to counselor. Discuss benchmark Qs with co-teacher. Align study guide to benchmark. Refer absences to social worker. Grade journals and enter. NEED TO TAKE COMPUTER HOME.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher!
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? What are the areas of concern here? Also need to draft a list to send to R of members MIA.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations! Where even is my sheet for this school??? Need also to find my time sheet for organizer job.
    8. Evening: Physical therapy. Dinner: Sushi. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Look into GCTE for next year. Need to talk to therapist about lower back and running form. Need to look into other options for wisdom teeth removal, also see if medical insurance will help to cover it.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 199.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How do you take the hurt out of caring? Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. GREAT drop on the scale this morning. My desk is still a mess, I have an overdue assignment for my ESOL class, it's Thursday and I don't have my lesson plans sketched out for next week, I'm working on making arrangements to talk to union members and I'm not sure when I'm getting together with everyone... AUGH.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,397 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smile:
    - Maybe leave early and get a walk and shower in before the evening activities, whatever that will be. :(
    - Trivia or go to MIL's :smiley:
    - If Trivia:
    - Pizza for dinner :smiley:
    - Limit 3 beers :smiley:
    - Maybe shoot pool after trivia, if we go and hubby is up to it :smiley:
    - If MIL's: N/A
    - Dinner with family, still may order pizza for simplicity
    - Home by 10:00 :smiley:

So yesterday evening was a total cluster f. My mom's neighbor called me to tell me she was very upset about losing her drivers license and that the DMV wouldn't renew her license because she had too many accidents and that the insurance company was trying to take her house. None of this is true, but she truly believed it was. What actually happened was that her doctor said she needed new glasses and that technically her eyesight was below the DMV standards. I set an eye appointment for October 3, and told her if she didn't feel comfortable driving I could take her places. After getting off the phone with the neighbor, I called mom. She asked where I was, because I was supposed to be taking her to the store & the bank. Mind you this was never discussed. I did however go take her to the store and try to convince her that she still had a license and that the DMV has nothing to do with this. Shopping with her made it obvious just how easily confused she is. I just don't know what to do. Is it time to put her into assisted living? She will not like that, but I asked her years ago what she wanted to do when things got to the point where she needed help. Did she want in-home care or to go to an assisted living home. She chose assisted living. I know it will be a fight, but I also know that when she was of sound mind that is what she chose. How do I know the right time for these things?

On the other side my MIL, took the cancer diagnosis rather well. Honestly, I think it is shock, but she was in a pretty positive mindset. They will do a biopsy and we will learn more about it, but because it has metastasized it is considered stage 4.

Hopefully today will have less drama. Easy day at work, then a bike ride, shower & dinner. The planned bike ride is a more intense ride than I have done in a while and I'm nervous, but excited. Hope I can hold zone 3 for 20 minutes 2 times.

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Home at lunch to let the dog out
    - Back to work
    - Home by 5:00
    - Bike ride
    - Shower
    - Dinner at home
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 10:00
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,788 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    JFT for 9/20/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want no sugar added or sugarfree.(last 9/17)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/11)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 9/21✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️Didn't eat today
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 9/18)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 9/14)✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Crisps ok today. (last 9/18) Can have around 1 oz every other day or so.✔️

JFT for 9/21/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want no sugar added or sugarfree.(last 9/17)
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/20)
    4) Don't weigh again until some time after surgery (last 9/21)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 9/18)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 9/14)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Crisps today. (last 9/20) Can have around 1 oz every other day or so.
    14) Can have lunch early due to lunch meeting
    ================== 4DW started =============
    **Starting again!
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Friday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Park run. Duolingo. Bike to school.
    2. Reply to late work emails. Grade journals. Set up Goodreads update. Schedule week 8 lesson plans. Write up ESOL case study.
    3. In class: Goodreads update (conflict). Work time: Finish Hero top 10 list.
    4. Planning - Create benchmark Qs based on categories. Align study guide to benchmark. Refer absences to social worker. Grade journals and enter. Need to review ELL cases. NEED TO TAKE COMPUTER HOME DAILY.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher! Meet with NH after school.
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? What are the areas of concern here? Also need to draft a list to send to R of members MIA.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations! Where even is my sheet for this school??? Need also to find my time sheet for organizer job.
    8. Evening: Maybe visit a friend? Dinner: Soup, or out to eat. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Check with DH about presenting at GCTE. Need to talk to therapist about lower back and running form. Need to look into other options for wisdom teeth removal, also see if medical insurance will help to cover it.

Scale goals
    Today: 199.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How do you take the hurt out of caring? Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. GREAT drop on the scale this morning. My desk is still a mess, I have an overdue assignment for my ESOL class, it's Thursday and I don't have my lesson plans sketched out for next week, I'm working on making arrangements to talk to union members and I'm not sure when I'm getting together with everyone... AUGH.
    [/quote]

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my fish, I won't eat again until tomorrow, but I can have watermelon after our walk.

Tomorrow I probably won't be in shape to post.
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Home at lunch to let the dog out :smiley:
    - Back to work :smiley:
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Bike ride :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Dinner at home :smiley:
    - No alcohol :(
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Did everything on my list yesterday except for the fact that I had a beer. Just one beer, so I'm not too disappointed in that. It was a rough day. I spent many hours researching assisted living sites for mom. She isn't quite there yet, but I want to have her finances in order when the time comes and not be surprised. It is crazy expensive. Mom makes $1200 through social security each month, and the average cost of assisted living is $4000/month. She does have some savings, but it's only enough to keep her in the assisted living homes for about 4 years. Because of this I don't want to send her too soon. That and as I said, right now she is able to do most things on her own. I think a better fit would be someone who came over 2/3 times a week to check on her and make sure she is taking her medication. That has to be cheaper...

Anyway, went for a bike ride yesterday. It felt pretty good for a change. Probably because I actually ate lunch yesterday and I needed a mental release. Went home to a wonderful home cooked meal, Cajun salmon, mashed potatoes and sautéed peas. It was kind of a late dinner, so I pretty much crashed after we ate.

Doing a little more research today, but mostly just work. I have a run/walk planned for this evening. Then clean up and maybe go to a pool tournament. I'm really not good enough for a tournament, but a few guys have encouraged me to try it. Sounds like a fun night. Only down side is I worry about the dog. Now that he has to be kenneled when we aren't home, I feel bad if Tim and I go out at night. I'd go solo, but I'm not sure the hubby would feel it was safe. We'll see.

JFT Friday
    - Meetings
    - Research in home care
    - Home at lunch for doggo
    - Maybe back to work, maybe work from home 2nd half
    - Run/walk
    - Shower
    - Pool or just dinner out
    - Home by 10:30
    - Bed
  • beachwalker99
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Made it through another teaching week with minimal prep by falling back on last year's modules and winging it a bit. I usually go into a new academic year charged with a lot more energy and inspiration as well as a long list of new things I want to try. This semester, I feel like the spark is missing. My students are great and my classes are going well; I'm just not feeling it. So I've been resisting all the additional things I should be getting done - grading, compliance training, updating modules, etc.

I think my struggle to maintain focus and motivation outside of the classroom is part of a more general malaise. Yesterday's weather was gorgeous - perfect for a brisk walk or working in the garden - but I spent the afternoon indoors doing word puzzles, looking up amigurumi crochet patterns, and taking a nap. So many things that I usually enjoy feel like a chore these days. Is there such a thing as responsibility fatigue?

Ah, well. We've got one more day of decent weather before a soggy weekend, so I'd best try to take advantage of it. My older grandsons are coming for a sleepover and have put in a few requests. My car is in the shop, so my daughter is picking me up to grocery shop. Maybe I can squeeze in a walk.

Recap - Thursday 9/21
    Healthy meals - :)
    Exercise - No
    2 chores - :/ Little ones
    Prep/grading - Minimal

JFT Friday, 9/22
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise ?
    Straighten house for the weekend
    Enjoy time with family

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch - Oh, you're giving me flashbacks of my own experience with my mom. The neighbors calling because she's knocking on their door looking for her parents...and none of us lived close to her. My oldest sister was very gung-ho to sell her house and move her right into assisted living, but she was basically in the same position as your mom and I fought to keep her at home for as long as possible. There was a great senior center in our town where she volunteered a bit before she got too far along, but they had a van that would come pick her up and bring her to the center. Volunteers used to grocery shop for her too. We ended up getting a person through a homecare agency (I forget which one) and that's not cheap either but cheaper than assisted living, and the woman was lovely and became like a friend to mom that she looked forward to seeing. But definitely research the assisted living centers and sort of monitor that too - because if there's one in particular you land on and a room becomes available, that might dictate when you make the move. Our biggest fear was that there'd be some kind of emergency that would necessitate moving her sooner than we planned, and there would be no place for her to go. Anyway my heart goes out to you!!!!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    JFT
    log food
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    no alcohol
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Recap - Friday 9/22
    Healthy meals - Not balanced and too few veggies
    Exercise - :) Short walk
    Straighten house for the weekend - Just the basics
    Enjoy time with family - <3

JFT Saturday, 9/23
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Enjoy time with family
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Made my goals for yesterday - DH left for his family visit and I am glad I didn't go. Just finished a workout and stretch, then will do some work & food prep. My daughter left for the day as well so I'm all alone here on a rainy day...it's kind of awesome!! :)

JFT:
    log food
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    workout & stretch CHECK!
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Friday
    - Meetings 😀
    - Research in home care😀
    - Home at lunch for doggo😀
    - Maybe back to work, maybe work from home 2nd half😀
    - Run/walk😞
    - Shower😀
    - Pool or just dinner out😀
    - Home by 10:30😞
    - Bed

Had a lot of fun shooting pool last night, but it was a very late night. I got home around 1:30am.

Taught spin this morning. That was fun too!

JFT Saturday
    - Spin at 8:30😀
    - Grocery😀
    - Clean something
    - Nap
    - Do yesterday’s run/walk
    - Dinner with hubby
    - Need by 10:30

• beachwalker99
    Options
    @jennysweet58 - I love a quiet rainy (or snowy) day when I have the house to myself, no place I need to go, no major obligations, and no one but myself to fix meals for. Such a lovely break! Enjoy your quiet time.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Sunday - no treats after dinner!
    1. AM walk/run - aim for 4 miles.
    2. Find time sheet and write up member conversations.
    3. Write script for verbs video and outline for new-school video.
    4. Shower and nap! Check in w EWOC; what to do about competing organizations??
    5. GRADE JOURNALS. Enter in physical gradebook. Sort laundry.
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before???
    7. Podcast, library book. Update union website.
    8. Evening: Schedule send email to parents. Ugh. Dinner: Sushi. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. Need to shoot a present-tense verbs video (nouns & personal pronoun subjects) focusing on regular conjugation. Need to shoot my back-to-school video, now that we're almost a quarter of the way through the entire school year - YIKES!

Scale goals
    Today: 201.2

Long-term goals/progress

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How are you supposed to feel about students who come once every ten days, presumably so their families don’t lose state benefits? How do I care without it becoming worry?

WFTY: Priorities. so much to do. so much to do.
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Made all my goals for yesterday, plan to do the same today. I thoroughly enjoyed my day yesterday - did a bunch of food prep, watched some fun TV, did a couple of crossword puzzles, then went to bed early and slept 10 hours. :o Very well-rested today! ha ha. This is Day 7 of me getting my act back together and am feeling so good - digestion & related issues :# are so much better, not to mention a huge drop in my overall anxiety levels. Being back on my "meds" (exercise & healthy eating) feels so good, it's a wonder I keep falling off the wagon as much as I do!

JFT
    log food
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    exercise & stretch CHECK
  • clicketykeys
    edited September 2023
    Options
    JFT Monday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Park run. Duolingo. Bike to school.
    2. Send parent emails. Grade journals. Review week 8 lesson plans. Write up ESOL assignment. Write script for verbs video and outline for new-school video.
    3. In class: Goodreads update (conflict). Work time: Finish Hero top 10 list.
    4. Planning - Create benchmark Qs based on categories. Align study guide to benchmark. Refer absences to social worker. Grade journals and enter. Need to review ELL cases. NEED TO TAKE COMPUTER HOME DAILY. Make sure that Act III is ready.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher! Email NH about meeting; check in with 3 others. Find time sheet.
    8. Evening: Maybe visit a friend? Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Need to look into other options for wisdom teeth removal, also see if medical insurance will help to cover it. Check in with B about what to do when there are competing organizations.

Scale goals
    Today: 201.2

Long-term goals/progress

WFTY: Priorities. So tired. I feel like I've barely gotten anything done today.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Recuperating from foot surgery. Have to keep it elevated, ice it, and wear a special shoe. Food good.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dise of metamusal.