JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Busy day, so I'm late setting goals. Still, I don't want to take another day off, so better late than never.

It rained all weekend, but we tried to make the best of it. I spent a good part of Saturday cooking and baking while my daughter and her kids hung out with us. We'd hoped to get out for an Autumn adventure, but instead I baked brownies for the kids and a French apple cake for the adults. I also started a sauerbraten marinating in the fridge for next weekend's mini Oktoberfest before fixing dinner for the crew. I really enjoy cooking and baking when I have time. It's like occupational therapy - a great way to take my mind off work and other worries. Of course, I always want to eat what I cook, and that can get me in trouble fast, especially when I don't exercise. On Saturday, I tried to keep the meals fairly healthy so I could indulge a little.

We also spent Sunday with my daughter and the kids. They were going stir-crazy, so we took them out to lunch and then stopped to buy some Halloween decorations for them. The thirteen-year-old has been bitten by the fishing bug, so we allowed him to talk us into going down to the pier during a lull in the weather. Well, by the time we got set up, it had started to drizzle. Half an hour in, the rain and wind picked up and before long it was raining sideways. Completely drenched, we headed back to my house for dry clothes, warm blankets, and drinks - hot cocoa for the kids and Dark-n-Stormies for the adults. Then I fixed a comfort food dinner of some of the kids' favorites - pesto panko chicken, rigatoni with homemade vodka sauce, and my special garlic bread. I didn't even bother logging.

I've got a busy and stressful week ahead, but I'm hoping that setting basic goals each day will keep me grounded.

Recap - Saturday 9/23
    Log - :)
    Healthy meals - Not terrible - a big salad with a bit of protein for lunch; salmon and veggies for dinner
    Stay under calorie limit - No, but under maintenance. The apple cake was worth it >:)
    Hydrate - :)
    Enjoy time with family - <3

Took Sunday off.

JFT Monday, 9/25
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise?
    2 chores
    Prep and grading
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,435 Member
    Options
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞 JFT: SEPTEMBER 2023 🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    September focus:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

September update: focusing on consolidating solid habits.
    Daily Solid Habits:
    💎Right This Minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎Walk/Make beds/Shiny Sinks
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 5500 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 25
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC/Hogwarts
    💎Close Fitbit rings/Zone minutes
    💎Building Healthy Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Switch off screens at 11.15pm
    💎Clutter Sweep
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋

😎 Terri
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Park run. Duolingo. Bike to school. Work time with L???
    2. Grade late work. Review week 8 lesson plans. Write up ESOL assignment. Write script for verbs video and outline for new-school video.
    3. In class: Goodreads update (conflict). Work time: Act 3 reading & study guide. NEED TO GIVE IRONY AND THEME ELEMENTS.
    4. Planning - Create benchmark Qs based on categories. Align study guide to benchmark. Refer absences to social worker. Grade journals and enter. Need to review ELL cases. NEED TO TAKE COMPUTER HOME DAILY. Calls for students. Also there's homeroom; need to hold D and ask for H for a check-in. Meet with A during lunch; check on who to meet with tomorrow.
    5. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher! Email NH about meeting; check in with 3 others. Find time sheet.
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? What are the areas of concern here? Also need to draft a list to send to R of members MIA.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations! Where even is my sheet for this school??? Need also to find my time sheet for organizer job.
    8. Evening: Tutoring; switch books at library. Tweetchat. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Need to look into other options for wisdom teeth removal, also see if medical insurance will help to cover it. Check in with B about what to do when there are competing organizations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 201.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How do you take the hurt out of caring? Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. Nightmares and exhaustion and overwhelming to-do lists, oh my!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,115 Member
    Options
    I've been meeting my goals since Monday, and weighing and logging daily. The hubby is visiting his family this weekend and I'm opting out because I know it's a day filled with fatty food and alcohol, and I'd either have to abstain or bring my own food, both of which would elicit eyerolls from his family. His sister can be really cutting and as much as I don't want to make my husband travel alone, my mindset is too new and I know I'd abandon it and tell myself I'll "start fresh on Monday" especially dealing with their "peer pressure" and watching everyone else party it up. Not to mention I am uncomfortable being around his sister for an extended period, as like I said she's treated me and my kids like crap in the past, and allowed her kids to treat us the same way. Like her kids not acknowledging us when we're visiting (they'll walk right past without even a hello, and she says nothing), or leaving a room the moment we enter. Those issues happened 18 months ago when we threw an 80th birthday party for his mom, where she acted like a selfish brat and a tyrant but because she is such a bully no one would confront her - she's also been going through a stressful time for years now between a divorce and buying a business and various kid issues, but the way she deals with it is "punching down" to people who don't deserve it but are easy targets. Like me and my kids. I felt like it was my husband's job to stick up for us, I didn't want to be the one to confront her about her behavior - certainly not at their mom's 80th birthday - and in the months that followed when her own family wouldn't do it, it just feeds the idea that I'm "oversensitive" and "imagining things." So a long way around to say that I can be around her and be nice - we've had many dealings since then, and she's even spent the night here when she was traveling for business and it was fine - but I'm not interested in spending the night in her home at the same time struggling to maintain a renewed mindset. But as you can see from the novel I've written I feel a little guilty and defensive about it, especially since his sister has asked a couple of times if I'm coming. I was mad at my husband because even then, instead of bringing up the real issue he said "I think she feels uncomfortable being the only spouse" (since both his brother & sister are divorced and single) so once again it's putting it on me, and his sister texted to say she "considers me a sister" and to please come. :| So now I'm afraid it will become a "thing" if I don't come....blah blah blah. Right now I am falling down on the side of prioritizing my own health & well-being....but being a "people pleaser" that can take a bit of backbone on my part! Anywho sorry for the rant....on with the day!

JFT
    log food
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    workout & stretch

Personally I think you've done the right thing. And you shouldn't feel bad about putting yourself first and avoiding someone slightly toxic (especially when everyone else is letting her get away with it)
    I mean, I too am a people pleaser. But I always assess my needs first before I decide to help. That might sound selfish but people don't seem to have any problem making me feel uncomfortable and no one's gonna think of my needs so I think of me and I look after my needs.

(I'd say with the exception of my partner and the kids) I'd do anything for them :)

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Bex953172, thank you for that! I didn't end up going and had a WONDERFUL day on my own that was both productive and relaxing, and everyone survived without me just fine. :) And as a reward for staying on track the scale gave me a nice drop yesterday!

Made my goals for yesterday - I'm doing Intermittent Fasting and it sure gets easier after a week! I'm not nearly as hungry as when I started...could also be that I've basically eliminated bread as well, and not having that sugar spike highs and lows in my system. Though at night I have to have my Yasso greek yogurt popsicle - tastes like icecream and only 100 calories, but definitely has the sugar! Moderation....at least the crash hits me when I'm sleeping! ;)

JFT:
    log food
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    workout & stretch
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Food choices should have been better yesterday. Chores were derailed by more immediate issues. Off to see Mom after class today, so exercise is unlikely.

Recap - Monday, 9/25
    Healthy meals - No
    Stay under calorie limit - No
    Exercise? - No
    2 chores - No
    Prep and grading - :)

JFT Tuesday, 9/26
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise?
    2 chores
    Prep and grading
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,397 Member
    Options
    Didn't do much of anything but sleep this weekend. Didn't even go into work yesterday I was feeling so poorly. Still really wiped out and a little nauseous today, but not dizzy. Honestly, it feels like morning sickness. It isn't, because hubby is fixed and it's my TOM, but damn I'm wiped out and feel awful. I have been known to get a bit anemic so that is probably it. I'll up my iron and likely feel better. Anyway, going to try to ride this evening. We'll see how that goes, it's a relatively short ride.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings :(
    - Check in with area :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP
    - Help with food drive
    - Meetings
    - Ride
    - Dinner at home
    - Bed early
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,815 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Home at lunch to let the dog out :smiley:
    - Back to work :smiley:
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Bike ride :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Dinner at home :smiley:
    - No alcohol :(
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Did everything on my list yesterday except for the fact that I had a beer. Just one beer, so I'm not too disappointed in that. It was a rough day. I spent many hours researching assisted living sites for mom. She isn't quite there yet, but I want to have her finances in order when the time comes and not be surprised. It is crazy expensive. Mom makes $1200 through social security each month, and the average cost of assisted living is $4000/month. She does have some savings, but it's only enough to keep her in the assisted living homes for about 4 years. Because of this I don't want to send her too soon. That and as I said, right now she is able to do most things on her own. I think a better fit would be someone who came over 2/3 times a week to check on her and make sure she is taking her medication. That has to be cheaper...

Anyway, went for a bike ride yesterday. It felt pretty good for a change. Probably because I actually ate lunch yesterday and I needed a mental release. Went home to a wonderful home cooked meal, Cajun salmon, mashed potatoes and sautéed peas. It was kind of a late dinner, so I pretty much crashed after we ate.

Doing a little more research today, but mostly just work. I have a run/walk planned for this evening. Then clean up and maybe go to a pool tournament. I'm really not good enough for a tournament, but a few guys have encouraged me to try it. Sounds like a fun night. Only down side is I worry about the dog. Now that he has to be kenneled when we aren't home, I feel bad if Tim and I go out at night. I'd go solo, but I'm not sure the hubby would feel it was safe. We'll see.

JFT Friday
    - Meetings
    - Research in home care
    - Home at lunch for doggo
    - Maybe back to work, maybe work from home 2nd half
    - Run/walk
    - Shower
    - Pool or just dinner out
    - Home by 10:30
    - Bed

It seems that things are easier here in Canada when it comes to elder care. We have what they call assessments and from there it is decided what level of care is needed, if any. Is there anything like that in your State?

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Made it through another teaching week with minimal prep by falling back on last year's modules and winging it a bit. I usually go into a new academic year charged with a lot more energy and inspiration as well as a long list of new things I want to try. This semester, I feel like the spark is missing. My students are great and my classes are going well; I'm just not feeling it. So I've been resisting all the additional things I should be getting done - grading, compliance training, updating modules, etc.

I think my struggle to maintain focus and motivation outside of the classroom is part of a more general malaise. Yesterday's weather was gorgeous - perfect for a brisk walk or working in the garden - but I spent the afternoon indoors doing word puzzles, looking up amigurumi crochet patterns, and taking a nap. So many things that I usually enjoy feel like a chore these days. Is there such a thing as responsibility fatigue?

Ah, well. We've got one more day of decent weather before a soggy weekend, so I'd best try to take advantage of it. My older grandsons are coming for a sleepover and have put in a few requests. My car is in the shop, so my daughter is picking me up to grocery shop. Maybe I can squeeze in a walk.

Recap - Thursday 9/21
    Healthy meals - :)
    Stay under calorie limit - :)
    Exercise - No
    2 chores - :/ Little ones
    Prep/grading - Minimal

JFT Friday, 9/22
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise ?
    Straighten house for the weekend
    Enjoy time with family

I believe 100% that there is such a thing as responsibility fatigue. I understand, I’m still trying to get out from under all of my stress.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Sept 26
    Log all Food
    1.5L of water
    Move more
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Park run. Duolingo. Check on Ts to meet with for union.
    2. Grade late work. Review week 8 lesson plans. I HAVE GOT TO FINISH AN ESOL ASSIGNMENT. Write script for verbs video and outline for new-school video.
    3. In class: Goodreads questions on updates. Work time: Act 3 reading & study guide. NEED TO GIVE IRONY AND THEME ELEMENTS.
    4. Planning - Create benchmark Qs based on categories. Align study guide to benchmark. Refer absences to social worker. Grade journals and enter. Need to review ELL cases. NEED TO TAKE COMPUTER HOME DAILY. Calls for students. Clubs tomorrow; need to hold D and ask for H for a check-in. Lunch meeting? Check in with D - why didn't he stay?
    5. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher! Email NH about meeting (Thurs?); check in with 3 others. Find time sheet. Can I check in with math teacher during 4th period??
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? What are the areas of concern here? Ask R for current member list. Need to run member slips through copier to get PDFs.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations! Where even is my sheet for this school??? Need also to find my time sheet for organizer job.
    8. Evening: Physical therapy. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Need to look into other options for wisdom teeth removal, also see if medical insurance will help to cover it. Check in with B about what to do when there are competing organizations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 201.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Schedule massage. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How do you take the hurt out of caring? Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. Win today - tutoring went so well that I have been rebooked for 3 more weekly sessions :D
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Home at lunch to let the dog out :smiley:
    - Back to work :smiley:
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Bike ride :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - No alcohol :(
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Did everything on my list yesterday except for the fact that I had a beer. Just one beer, so I'm not too disappointed in that. It was a rough day. I spent many hours researching assisted living sites for mom. She isn't quite there yet, but I want to have her finances in order when the time comes and not be surprised. It is crazy expensive. Mom makes $1200 through social security each month, and the average cost of assisted living is $4000/month. She does have some savings, but it's only enough to keep her in the assisted living homes for about 4 years. Because of this I don't want to send her too soon. That and as I said, right now she is able to do most things on her own. I think a better fit would be someone who came over 2/3 times a week to check on her and make sure she is taking her medication. That has to be cheaper...

Anyway, went for a bike ride yesterday. It felt pretty good for a change. Probably because I actually ate lunch yesterday and I needed a mental release. Went home to a wonderful home cooked meal, Cajun salmon, mashed potatoes and sautéed peas. It was kind of a late dinner, so I pretty much crashed after we ate.

Doing a little more research today, but mostly just work. I have a run/walk planned for this evening. Then clean up and maybe go to a pool tournament. I'm really not good enough for a tournament, but a few guys have encouraged me to try it. Sounds like a fun night. Only down side is I worry about the dog. Now that he has to be kenneled when we aren't home, I feel bad if Tim and I go out at night. I'd go solo, but I'm not sure the hubby would feel it was safe. We'll see.

JFT Friday
    - Meetings
    - Research in home care
    - Home at lunch for doggo
    - Maybe back to work, maybe work from home 2nd half
    - Run/walk
    - Shower
    - Pool or just dinner out
    - Home by 10:30
    - Bed

It seems that things are easier here in Canada when it comes to elder care. We have what they call assessments and from there it is decided what level of care is needed, if any. Is there anything like that in your State?

They will do assessments once you chose a home for them, but otherwise they just asked some questions and then said "what do you want to do?" I think I've decided on having someone check in on her 2-3 times a week. For now that seems appropriate. I go over every Thursday.
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - Meetings :(
    - Check in with area :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Help with food drive :neutral: They had enough volunteers
    - Meetings :neutral: Meetings were canceled
    - Ride :smiley:
    - Bed early :smiley:

Got most everything done yesterday including my bike ride, but it was a struggle. Energy levels were still low. Made it home around 8:00 had some left over chili, took a shower and went to bed. I woke up around 1:00am and was in and out of sleep the rest of the night. Oh well, at least I made it to work on time for a change.

Today, I need to work on studying for my 90 Day proficiency evaluation. Then trivia tonight. That's about it.
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Finally a day without rain! I'm hoping to get out for a walk at some point and catch up on a few chores.

Recap - Tuesday, 9/26
    Healthy meals - Not terrible, but in the red on everything except protein
    Stay under calorie limit - No, although under maintenance
    Exercise? - No
    2 chores - No
    Prep and grading - :)

JFT Wednesday, 9/27
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise?
    2 chores
    Prep and grading
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None if the same foods at dinner asxat lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,115 Member
    Options
    Hey all, not been regularly posting for ages.
    The summer holidays was busy with the kids. It was the first summer that we had all 3 kids for the WHOLE summer.

Usually either my parents or his would have them for a few days so they could see them and we could have a break and stuff but me and ash are in a much better place than we ever have, he's been able to find a way to manage his mental health which is great and believe it or not it worked by coming off all the meds they put him on to help him with it?!
    So we actually WANTED them to be with us all summer.
    So we took them out a few times which was fun

Then we went on holiday down south to Devon which was the best week I've had in ages. The kids loved it. Beach every day, shows every night. Ash's parents paid for the accomodation and we covered our expenses and paid for a food shop for us all. We all just kinda chipped in.

So me and Ash got a couple of nights alone at the shows and we got to go to the beach at night to see the stars.

And then since that, kids are back at school and I've just about got into the routine for that. So I feel ready to start logging food again at the very least.

Start small.

JFT Thurs
    - Log all my food!
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Recap - Wednesday, 9/27
    Healthy meals - :)
    Stay under calorie limit - :)
    Exercise - :)