JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    JFT for 10/4/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, except sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/1)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/6✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/3). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/1)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 10/3)✔️
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Don't have coffee until 8 am (had to take early because of medicine, but want to get back to this)✔️
    14) Don't look at big fund today.✔️
    15) Can have watermelon 2x today.✔️
    JFT for 10/5/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, except sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/6
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/3). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/1)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 10/3)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Don't have coffee until 8 am (had to take early because of medicine, but want to get back to this)
    14) Don't look at big fund today.
    15) Can have lunch early due to lunch meeting.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    **Not doing right now

4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample
    [/SPOILER]

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,415 Member
    Options
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞 JFT: SEPTEMBER 2023 🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    September focus:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

September update: focusing on consolidating solid habits.
    Daily Solid Habits:
    💎Right This Minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎Walk/Make beds/Shiny Sinks
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 5500 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 25
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC/Hogwarts
    💎Close Fitbit rings/Zone minutes
    💎Building Healthy Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Switch off screens at 11.15pm
    💎Clutter Sweep
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋

Finished out September successfully, and still around the middle of my range.

😎 Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,415 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @pridesabtch - That sounds terrifying I hope everyone is okay.

@Bex953172 - You seem to have had a wonderful summer!! I know what you mean about not posting. I’m struggling to find time myself at times. Glad to see you back!

@beachwalker99 Sorry you are having to go through this with your daughter. Sometimes life just sucks! Big time!

@pridesabtch I hope MiL improves quickly.

@PackerFanInGB Hope the meds do the trick with the sinuses.

We got our booster jabs yesterday. Arms feel a little tender but otherwise no I’ll effects.
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Here I am, trying once again to get back on track after a string of busy and stressful days. My daughter's divorce is dragging on, and the constant disrespect, manipulation, and emotional abuse she's dealing with are really taking a toll. The sluggish pace of the NJ family courts isn't helping. This past weekend's nasty surprise was particularly mean and came on the heels of the judge's decision not to hear my daughter's motion for a temporary arrangement that would allow her and her boys to move out. My husband and I are doing our best to support her and the boys in any way we can. We don't mind rearranging our priorities, but there's an emotional toll as well. So my healthy intentions went out the window again....

How awful. Having been through a divorce where my ex turned into a horror show I can completely relate - my mom was nowhere to be found at the time so your daughter is lucky to have your support, but I can totally understand the emotional toll that takes. The words sound hollow when you're going through it but at least in my case, I found a much better life after my divorce - as did my kids! I met my now husband and we have the greatest relationship, and my girls loved him from the moment they met him (he's bald and funny so that helped!) Had my ex shown any kind of willingness to change I would have stayed and kept beating my head against that brick wall "for the sake of the children." And now - also for the sake of the children - I am so glad I had the strength to leave, since we've shown them what a healthy relationship looks like. It is a terrible experience, but there is light on the other side. Hugs to you, your daughter & your family and I hope it's all resolved as soon as possible.
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Have been keeping on track...finally whittling away at the vacation weight from August ;) and making good progress. My back has been KILLING me lately so am up early to get to the pool before work with the hubby, hoping that helps!

JFT
    log food
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    pool workout
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    Okay, gonna try logging again today.
    I know my heads not in it, but that's not the point, discipline is the point.

So,
    JFT Thurs
    - LOG ALL FOOD!

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Another busy day. Driving to Kent to pick up my youngest today for a long weekend at home. Unfortunately it's 3 hour drive each way and I won't get out of here until 4:30 or so. Which means we won't get back until after 10:00. Ugh... but totally worth it.

JFT Thursday
    - Work
    - Oil Change
    - Log Food
    - Go get kiddo.
  • more_freggies76
    edited October 2023
    Options
    JFT for 10/5/2023 (today)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/1)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/3). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/1)
    13) Don't have coffee until 8 am (had to take early because of medicine, but want to get back to this)
    15) Can have lunch early due to lunch meeting.
    **Not doing right now

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    JFT - Oct 4
    Log all Food - 🙂
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Move 20 minutes - 🙂
    Gratitude journal - 👿

JFT - Oct 5
    Log all Food
    1.5L of water
    Move 20 minutes
    Gratitude journal
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 10/5/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, except sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/1)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/6✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/3). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/1)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 10/3)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Don't have coffee until 8 am (had to take early because of medicine, but want to get back to this)✔️
    14) Don't look at big fund today.✔️
    15) Can have lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 10/6/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/5)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.

Hour commitment - After my sliced pineapple, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    **Not doing right now

Sample

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Went to Mom's yesterday and took her out for a bit, then fixed dinner and ate with her before heading home to catch up on grading and get my monitoring reports in. Didn't hit most of my goals, but we had a nice visit, and Mom was glad to get out for a while. She never fully recovered her strength after breaking her pelvis, and she's decided to give up her car. She's always been a doer, so it's really hard for her to lose her ability to just get up and go. I can get down to her place about once a week, so we're researching additional transportation options.

Today was busy as well, but I did much better with goals. I only had morning classes, so I met up with my daughter for lunch and did a couple of errands. After school, we took the kids to check out the Halloween displays at a local nursery. It's a huge place that does all kinds of "agritainment" on the weekend, but the boys enjoyed checking it out without the crowds.

I've still got a huge list of chores for tomorrow, so I'm posting Friday's goals now.

Recap - Wednesday, 10/4
    Log - No
    Healthy meals - A few too many cookies, but otherwise okay
    Stay under calorie limit - Probably close
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No
    2 chores - No
    Prep and grading - :)

Recap - Thursday, 10/5
    Log - :)
    Healthy meals - :)
    Stay under calorie limit - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No
    2 chores - :)
    Prep and grading - :)

JFT - Friday, 10/6
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    2 chores
    Prep and grading
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968, @TerriRichardson112, @jennysweet58 - Thank you friends for your kindness and encouragement. No matter their age, it's tough to see your kids hurting. It seems like it was so much simpler when they were little. I'm really grateful that my daughter and her boys live nearby and that my husband and I can be there for them. I'll be glad when this mess is behind them and they can move on to a brighter future.

@Bex953172 and @PackerFanInGB - Hope you both feel better soon!

@pridesabtch - You seem to be going through so much these days. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope your MIL is able to return home soon. Enjoy your weekend with your girl!

JFT friends, I know I don't get on here to comment much, but I think of you often, and I'm cheering you on. You're all marvelous <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    8yknsm4a7bsx.jpeg
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 10/6/2023 (today)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/5)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    13) Can have coffee early due to early doctor appt. Normally - Don't have coffee until 8 am.
    **Not doing right now

Sample

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    It's been a long @$$ week, but I'm looking forward to the weekend. Spent a great evening riding back from Kent with V last night. I love hearing about her life. Tomorrow morning S is racing so I'm heading to Pittsburgh solo this evening. Tim is caught up in the incident investigation at work so he can't come. I won't see S until tomorrow morning, but I'm meeting with some friends for dinner and drinks tonight to celebrate my birthday. I'm a little nervous as these friends, former co-ops are literally half my age and we are going out to celebrate my 50th b-day in a college area. Lord help me! Should be fun and I can Uber where I need to go. Can't stay out too late because I'm picking up the grand puppy at 7:00am tomorrow before the race. Oh, and I get to meet S's BF tomorrow, very excited that she wants me to meet him. This is a first. He's a year younger than her, but seems to be a real gentleman. After the race, I'll drive home and hopefully chill a bit. Sunday I will drive V back to Kent, it will be a lonely drive home...

Only goal is to enjoy the weekend and make the most of time with family and friends.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Oct 5
    Log all Food - 🙂
    1.5L of water - 😕 so close
    Move 20 minutes - 🙂
    Gratitude journal - 👿

JFT - Oct 6
    Log all Food
    1.5L of water
    Move 20 minutes
    Gratitude journal
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I eat my 2 yogurts, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.