JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    Well, I posted on Thursday, did not complete my goal of logging and now it's Sunday 🤭

So err.. that went well?

It's already Sunday evening, I'm just waiting for my roast dinner to finish. Did roasted pork shoulder for the first time and think I actually succeeded with the crackling. Not that I eat it, but still, an achievement 😂

I'm gonna log on again in the morning and try stick to my "Log All Good" goal.

I've got a very busy week though. Lots of appointments and things to do!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    3tansunnee wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm on day 3 of FAST800 and I feel weak. Is that normal? Yesterday I might have consumed about 1000 cal, not 800cal because I was so hungry and tired.

I don't think I'm in ketosis yet because I haven't been super strict with carb. So not keto flu.

I have to persevere through this phase to adapt.

What do you guys do in this phase usually?

I’ve done very low calorie diets before, and lack of energy was something I couldn’t get over. 800 - 1000 calories was not pleasant or maintainable. I’ve also done very low carb, but with sufficient calories. That felt good for many years, but again I found the restriction not maintainable in the long run. MFP calorie counting does work without all of the restrictions. Good Luck!

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow. No cheese tomorrow and no peanut butter tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Well, I posted on Thursday, did not complete my goal of logging and now it's Sunday 🤭

So err.. that went well?

It's already Sunday evening, I'm just waiting for my roast dinner to finish. Did roasted pork shoulder for the first time and think I actually succeeded with the crackling. Not that I eat it, but still, an achievement 😂

Ha, it Monday morning and only just realised I said "log all GOOD"

Well I'm not logging any food (or anything "good" for that matter) as I've woken up with a cough/cold. Feel like rotten.

I don't mind so much about the cough but I hate headaches, I don't deal with headaches very well.

I don't have any pain killers in, will have to grab some in a bit.
    There's some kids medicine but I'd probs have to drink half the bottle to get an adult dose 😂
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Pulled my head out of the sand this morning and weighed myself. Well after I tried on my new jeans that wouldn't button... I've gained back most of what I lost last year, but I'm not stressing over that. It was a rough year for me and my family. Lots of changes too. Now that I'm nearly 50, I really need to buckle down. I'm not going to try any hard core diets, just want to track and reduce while increasing my exercise. The exercise has actually been going pretty well lately, I'm just not watching my intake. That is an easy fix, if I just do it.

Today I had an early work meeting, then work stuff, let dog out at lunch, then I need to return my jeans, then go to my MIL and pick up some of my husband's old running shirts to make a quilt. Well to send to someone to make a quilt... May try to go for a walk as well.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Monday!

My husband and I are just getting over Covid. 3 weeks of sitting and sleeping and coughing and feeling like *kitten*! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Time to get back to work on healthy habits!

Just for Today:
    * Make my 24 h plan
    * Make weekly plan
    * October monthly plan
    * Assess last month & week’s progress
    * Grocery shop
    * Intentional activity
    * 64 oz of water
    * Bedtime routine @9:00
    * Lights out @ 10:3

Food is fuel, not entertainment! 🥗🍎☕️
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT - no cheese or peanut butter. Some parmesan cheese ok.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT - no cheese or peanut butter. Some parmesan cheese ok.✔️
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Stretch. Duolingo. Find one-pager sheets and have ready! Create thumbnail for
    2. Update email reply records. Fill out time sheets.
    3. In class: Introduce One Pager. Start with verbs practice on NRI. Lesson – Irony. Read & study guide for Othello.
    4. Planning - MEETING. Create benchmark Qs based on study guide.. Refer absences to social worker. Email parents about progress report. NEED TO TAKE COMPUTER HOME DAILY. Calls for students. Lunch meeting?
    5. ESOL Discussion post.
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? What are the areas of concern here? Ask R for current member list. Need to run member slips through copier to get PDFs.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations! Where even is my sheet for this school??? Need also to find my time sheet for organizer job.
    8. Evening: Tutoring. Dinner: Sushi/chicken tikka masala. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. Need to look into other options for wisdom teeth removal, also see if medical insurance will help to cover it. Check in with B about what to do when there are competing organizations. Contact S about members' displeasure at "being told who to vote for" and requests for info on ALL candidates.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 199.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Schedule massage. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How do you take the hurt out of caring? Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. I am exhausted in a way that I cannot adequately express.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Pulled my head out of the sand this morning and weighed myself. Well after I tried on my new jeans that wouldn't button... I've gained back most of what I lost last year, but I'm not stressing over that. It was a rough year for me and my family. Lots of changes too. Now that I'm nearly 50, I really need to buckle down. I'm not going to try any hard core diets, just want to track and reduce while increasing my exercise. The exercise has actually been going pretty well lately, I'm just not watching my intake. That is an easy fix, if I just do it.

Today I had an early work meeting, then work stuff, let dog out at lunch, then I need to return my jeans, then go to my MIL and pick up some of my husband's old running shirts to make a quilt. Well to send to someone to make a quilt... May try to go for a walk as well.

Got everything done yesterday, but doubt I'll get my run in today. I need to take my mom to the eye doctor after work and by the tie I get home it will likely be dark or at least dusk making it unsafe to run in my area. Other things on the agenda for today are to do work stuff & log food.

Oh my 401K rollover finally got done, of course they messed it up and it looks like I have twice as much money as I should. I contacted them and though I like having a bunch of extra money, it isn't real. Oh well, at least they found the money... Also lost my glasses at work yesterday as I was auditing out in the area. I tried to retrace my steps to no avail. Luckily, I have to go to the eye doctor with mom today and hopefully I can get a new pair ordered plus some more contacts. I only have like 3 pair of daily use left.
  • more_freggies76
    edited October 2023
    Options
    JFT for 10/3/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, except sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/6
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/12). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/1)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 10/1)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Don't have coffee until 8 am (had to take early because of medicine, but want to get back to this)
    14) Don't look at big fund today.

Hour commitment - Won't have my coffee stuff until 8 am or later.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    **Not doing right now

4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

So err.. that went well?

Ha, it Monday morning and only just realised I said "log all GOOD"

Well I'm not logging any food (or anything "good" for that matter) as I've woken up with a cough/cold. Feel like rotten.

I don't mind so much about the cough but I hate headaches, I don't deal with headaches very well.

I don't have any pain killers in, will have to grab some in a bit.
    There's some kids medicine but I'd probs have to drink half the bottle to get an adult dose 😂

I hope you feel better soon, @Bex953172 ! I’m over 2 weeks now with this crud. Finally went to doctor today and they gave me antibiotics for sinus infection that I now have on top of the crud! Ugh. 😷🤧🤒😮‍💨🤢
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Today:
    * Make my 24 h plan ⭐️
    * Make weekly plan. ⭐️
    * October monthly plan. ⭐️
    * Assess last month & week’s progress. ⛔️ (Move to next day)
    * Grocery shop. ⭐️
    * Intentional activity ⛔️. Too sick. No energy or stamina.
    * 64 oz of water. ⭐️
    * Bedtime routine @9:00. ⭐️ Coffeemaker, devotionals, gratitude journal, Simple Abundance and evening prayers.
    * Lights out @ 10:30. ⛔️ Got caught up in a YouTube series and lost track of time.

Hi everyone. Went to the doctor today and he put me on antibiotics for sinuses. I think the Covid is clearing up but infection settled in my sinuses apparently. Hopefully these meds kick in quickly and I can get off my butt and have a life again. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤧😁

Hope everyone is having a nice day! I’m hoping to go back and catch up a few pages at a time. I hope all is well with the group! ☀️🌼🌻

Just for Today:
    * Make my 24 h plan
    * Make weekly plan
    * Morning Journal
    * Doctor appointment
    * Assess last month & week’s progress
    * 64 oz of water
    * Bedtime routine @9:00
    * Lights out @ 10:30

Food is fuel, not entertainment! 🥗🍎☕️

• more_freggies76
    edited October 2023
    Options
    JFT for 10/3/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, except sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/1)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/6✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/12). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/1)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 10/1)✔️
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Don't have coffee until 8 am (had to take early because of medicine, but want to get back to this)✔️
    14) Don't look at big fund today.✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 10/4/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, except sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 10/6
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/3). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/1)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 10/3)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Don't have coffee until 8 am (had to take early because of medicine, but want to get back to this)
    14) Don't look at big fund today.
    15) Can have watermelon 2x today.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    **Not doing right now

4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• pridesabtch
    Options

Got everything done yesterday, but doubt I'll get my run in today. I need to take my mom to the eye doctor after work and by the tie I get home it will likely be dark or at least dusk making it unsafe to run in my area. Other things on the agenda for today are to do work stuff & log food.

Oh my 401K rollover finally got done, of course they messed it up and it looks like I have twice as much money as I should. I contacted them and though I like having a bunch of extra money, it isn't real. Oh well, at least they found the money... Also lost my glasses at work yesterday as I was auditing out in the area. I tried to retrace my steps to no avail. Luckily, I have to go to the eye doctor with mom today and hopefully I can get a new pair ordered plus some more contacts. I only have like 3 pair of daily use left.

Early & late day yesterday. Work was busy, but not bad. Meetings started at 6:30am. Then a full day of tasks. After work I had to leave and take mom to the eye doctor. Not a pleasant experience. After that it was back to work from 6:30 - 8:00pm to deliver a safety pause to the evening shift. Finally got home a tad after 8:00 and hubby and I decided to go out for Mexican food. Things were looking up, then we got a text that his mom had to go to the ER. First they were going to Belpre Hospital, then they decided Camden Clark, then it changed back to Belpre, and finally her status was not good so they had to go to the closest which was Camden. We drove back and forth each time, still beating the ambulance there as the 2 hospitals are only 5 miles apart. Ugh...

MIL had a biopsy on her liver & and adrenal gland yesterday afternoon, apparently this lead to internal bleeding around the liver. When she arrived at the ER around 10pm her BP was like 65/30. Very scary. They got her stabilized with IVs and a couple units of blood. She was sent for a CT to confirm the internal bleeding. Around 1:00am they transported her by ambulance to yet another hospital, the one where she had the biopsy earlier in the day. Around 3:30am they began the procedure to stop the bleed. At this point, hubby decided I should go home. I got home around 4:00 this morning, and he went back to the hospital. The procedure went well and he was able to come home around 5:00. He was able to call off today, but I needed to come in to work. There was zero chance that I wanted to get up at 7:00am this morning, but I did.

Now it is meeting after meeting today, followed by psych appointment. Yay. Should be trivia night, but I doubt I'll go. Goals today are few and far between. Eat well, log, nap...

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Here I am, trying once again to get back on track after a string of busy and stressful days. My daughter's divorce is dragging on, and the constant disrespect, manipulation, and emotional abuse she's dealing with are really taking a toll. The sluggish pace of the NJ family courts isn't helping. This past weekend's nasty surprise was particularly mean and came on the heels of the judge's decision not to hear my daughter's motion for a temporary arrangement that would allow her and her boys to move out. My husband and I are doing our best to support her and the boys in any way we can. We don't mind rearranging our priorities, but there's an emotional toll as well. So my healthy intentions went out the window again....

At least coming back here and reading your posts helps me to reset. I didn't set goals yesterday, but I did manage to get out and walk - good for my head as well as my body. The weather has been lovely, so I'd like to get out again today. But I really should go down to see my mom after class. And clean my house. And comment on drafts. So much to do.

JFT Wednesday, 10/4
    Log
    Healthy meals
    Stay under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    2 chores
    Prep and grading
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.