Options
    Katla did u figure it out?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    How do I log out? I have never logged out.

If you've never logged out, why are you logged in with a different name? The only way you've got a new name is because you logged out of your original name.

See your little picture in the top, right corner? Click it and choose Sign Out.

kadsvbrm9vrp.png

Actually, that is what happened to me the same thing that happened to Katla. About three weeks ago they had logged me out and I had my username and password written down, but they had my handle as my user name but that was wrong. My user name was really my email address. The app refused to take my email address for the whole day. I thought that they had a glitch in their system. Because, then miraculously the next day it accepted my email address and sent me the link to change my password. It took me a whole day to get back on.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Well, yesterday's hot water heater install did not go as planned. They nearly broke our kitchen faucet and cannot get the heater to work as advertised. So, they are coming back today to try to complete it. We do have hot water, but it's not as hot as it was before. The positive is that this new one is much quieter than the other one. They also did not break the faucet. They had just re-installed it incorrectly. It's a touch faucet and is a bit more complicated than the regular kind. Hopefully, the temp issue is corrected today too.

I'm sorry to hear some of you are battling (or re-battling or still battling) COVID. I hope you're better quickly with no lingering effects! My good friend has it for the 2nd or 3rd time now too. Makes me a bit glad I'm anti-social.

Katla-I hope you get your login issue resolved!

Michele-Sorry about Vince's back. Has he tried cat/cow pose? When my mister had his back issues, he started doing that a few times a day and got rid of his spasms. He was so desperate he almost had them do surgery (not even knowing the cause). I sent him a list of yoga type exercises and he got rid of it within a week. Now, when he feels his back hurting, he does those and it has so far kept it at bay.

They were related to the McKenzie Method:

Hope those of you in the storms and snow are staying safe and warm! We have blizzard warnings in Southern California (not where I live, but not far away). The Anza Borrego Desert State Park is under feet of snow.

Tina in CA

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Karen ... your mother was most definitely wise

Machka... congratulations on maintaining your calm with an outlandish co-worker. Hopefully the leave of absence is a good thing? I'm assuming since there was a farewell tea that all is well.

Michele ... back spasms are horrible! Hope Vince is feeling better.

Lisa ... hope you and Cory get over the crud quickly.

The sun is shining today. The ice-covered trees are stunningly beautiful when in the full sun. I would take a photo but it just wouldn't do it justice.

Beth near Buffalo
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    💖
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I have had a frustrating time. I AM Katla. My preferred name ID is Katla or Katla49.

Pip—I haven’t worked this mess out and I welcome help.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate my co-workers.
    #2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: I did this with a camper who I received complaints about. I put myself in his shoes when speaking with him. He was a very lonely man who only had his dogs (one barking, one loose) and the people he meets at campgrounds. Made me more comp

#3 Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness. I watched the Adam Project.
    #4 Take a picture of 3 things that make you happy. Send them to a friend. Done!
    #5 Be kind to yourself. Self-compassion is equally important. Will do today.
    #6 Start a conversation with someone new. I do this every day with the campers!
    #7 Consider a current struggle. Write down 2 thoughts that give you comfort. My dog Brownie’s heart trouble. Her spells are getting worse and there is nothing the vet can do. Comforting thoughts—She lived a good life with us. She brought us many days of comfort and enjoyment with her loving attitude.
    #8. Consider and celebrate diversity today. I am a white girl living among darker Mexicans and native Americans. Campers come from around the world and love to hear the accents and learn about the different cultures i come into contact with. Do this every day!
    #9. Identify a role model who embodies perseverance. Can you find two ways to emulate them? My 30 year old autistic nephew. He never gives up no matter what health challenge he faces. I can emulate him by not complaining about every little ache and pain, and by doing what needs to be done to get through any health issues that may come up.
    #10. Check an item off your to-do list this weekend. Working on my taxes.
    #11. Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver the meal to a friend. We give food to people all the time. My DH cooks and we give food to different campers and workers here at the park almost every day!
    #12. Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused. Done
    #13. Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness? After I bough myself a Sonic blast to ‘cool down’.
    #14. Express creativity by making art or cooking a new meal. I write in a journal that has writing prompts I have to make up stories for. Yesterday I wrote a short story about a dog leash!
    #15. If you are waiting in line today, let someone get in front of you. May not be today, but i did do it on Sunday!
    #16. The next time someone does something you appreciate, be sure to let them know. Will do! Didn’t have the opportunity but will watch for a chance today!
    17. Offer a helping hand to someone, such as holding a door for a stranger. I may have a chance today.
    #18. Share about a recent book you read and what you learned. I just finished reading ‘Everything You Are’ by Kerry Anne King. It dealt with alcoholism, recovery, death, and grieving. I learned that no matter where you are in life, never give up and find a way to celebrate life.
    #19. Show sincere appreciation when someone serves you food or drink. Did this today. DH made me pancakes and served me coffee this morning.
    #20. Complement someone today. Ideas include recognizing a great smile or earrings. Did this to a lady who looked angry and tired at Walmart today. Made her happy and smile.
    #21. When you recognize someone is struggling, offer words of support. I did that yesterday!
    #22. Ask for help. That’s a simple way to express bravery. Sometime today.
    #23. Encourage your teammates to utilize their unique strengths. Do this with my co-hosts every day. I thank them and tell them they have done a good job, and really are working too hard.
    #24. Reflect on the steps you have taken to achieve your past goals. I looked at past lists to see if I had achieved my goals.
    #25. Express gratitude today by thanking someone.
    #26. Think about the upcoming work week. How can you apply teamwork?
    #27. Send or leave a handwritten thank you note to someone.
    #28. Giving constructive feedback is one way to ignite honesty.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I have had a frustrating time. I AM Katla. My preferred name ID is Katla or Katla49.

Pip—I haven’t worked this mess out and I welcome help.

Katla, try logging out of your computer, or turn off your phone or tablet or whatever you use to get on MFP. Leave it off for a couple of minutes they turn it back on. See if that helps. If not, do what Matchka said and click on the little icon/picture of yourself and in the list that comes up, click on log out. Turn off the device you are using for MFP wait a minute or two, then turn it back on again. Try to open MFP and at the login page, use Katla to log in. It might want you to change your password, or it may not. Give it a try. Don’t give up!

Hugs,

RVRita
  • kevrit
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Katla I put the instructions in pictures below:
    1. uhv0w7hv7z1l.jpeg
    2. 7fbt92pbworl.jpeg
    3. hy6ndlwsf1m2.jpeg
    4. dblecnk7wg8x.jpeg
    5. nan61aey8pzs.jpeg

Hope this helps
    RVRita

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,056 Member
    Options
    Carol sorry about the unexpected expense for your tooth! Hope it isn't uncomfortable.

Lisa thanks for the tip. I get such variable results from measuring that it hasn't been useful in the past. But maybe I can research and learn to do it more consistently. Or maybe now that I have less bloating, it will work better. Hmm. Worth a try.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,250 Member
    Options
    906218ol5dsl9mao.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLA! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx