WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I am still stuck, and I am frustrated, and angry. I am Katla and that is my pov. I am willing to use Katla 49. I do not know how to return to my normal ID. Advice is welcome.

Katla aka Katla 49
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Katla,

Try this:

Go to the top of this page and click on the big myfitnesspal in the upper left corner:
    f9lvfk8nq3pb.jpeg

This page should come up. Look in the small print at the top of the page. Toward the right, you should see "log out”. Click on that.
    fw6hiopgmsdu.jpeg

Then you should get a log in page like this. fju9rergg042.jpeg

Don’t use the automatic name that comes up.

Click on the blank email or username window and type in your preferred user name (Katla49), or your email, or whatever you usually use as your log in name. See if that brings up the right password and account. If you can’t remember your password, click “forgot password” and follow the instructions to reset it.

Sorry you are having trouble.

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well here I am...I begged off of going to Lauries funeral .. even wearing a mask im worried about getting something and being so close to my trip don't want to chance it.. I know she would understand.. i did let her youngest son know..
    Well the dress i ordered for the wedding came and its to small. Sooooo I went online to Amazon and ordered another dress which is very pretty and a pair of tights, a pair of control top panty hose,a elastic waist belt, and a pair of shoes..
    So im going to bring 2 dresses
    I got in the mail today an invitation to brunch on Friday the 17th the day before the wedding for Joelle the bride and her bridesmaids.. which I thought was so very sweet..
    They included me also in Sarahs wedding when I went last time.. It must be a sothern thing.. but I want to look decent.. and in March who knows what the weather is going to be down there Rita ? Im only taking a carry on and a large handbag...so the last wedding i had a summery dress and I was chilly.. so im bringing both a warm dress and and the fancy dress for the wedding..im really wondering if i should bring my big fuzzy coat.
    Well I went to AccuWeather and for when im there its forcasted to be between 53-66
  • myvt9v4crh
    Options
    Thanks, Karen. I’ll give it a try.

Katla49
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

I did my yoga and my aerobic walking Yay! I ate 1083 calories for a deficit of 309. Yay!

I might do more yoga tonight if I get bored. I was playing with lunges a little bit and confirmed that I just can't do them. I either have to give it up or somehow develop patience and a proper sense of progression. That's okay, my exercise routine is working so I really shouldn't change it. It's tough to remember that when I get excited about new things.

I can put my hands flat on the floor, partly because I stretch and also because my legs are short.

Katla good luck with your login. What happens when you try to log out? Can you get your daughter to help you? I know it's frustrating but it shouldn't be permanent.

Annie in Delaware

Annie
  • grmabea63
    grmabea63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well its afternoon here now. Hello everyone!

Annie/ How do you get yourself into a routine to exercise?
    Seems like I just can’t get myself to do anything. Even keeping up with some housekeeping seems overwhelming. The storms have made my neuropathy go crazy. Also congrats on a great loss!

Michele/ I know what the spasms your husband is having feels like. I’ve been getting them in my legs. You can see my whole muscles moving, it looks like an alien is inside of me. I hope he is getting some relief.

Tina/ I have a touch faucet. On our control box, you can adjust the water mixture to the temperature you want for when it comes on. Maybe yours has that too?

Lisa/ Hope you start feeling better, the big C sucks. I had it the first time before they even reported it being a thing here in the US. I went in for a flu test, they said that I had the flu but nothing like they had seen before on test results. Keep your healthcare provider in the loop, sometimes there care can be lingering side effects.

Sorry to seem like such a downer. I’m just stuck. My body is fighting me tooth and nail. In the last few days my weight has fluctuated up and down 10+ pounds overnight repeatedly, it’s draining. I wasn’t even able to go back home to WI, for my mother’s surgery. My husband’s schedule wouldn’t allow him to go along. ( He works for a mining/drilling company) His backup lead quit. So, I was afraid to travel alone just yet.
    They just got done doing 3 MRI’s blood work, and EMG and I’ve had a lumbar puncture. They still can’t find a reason for the paralysis I had or the neuropathy it left me with. My neurologist just handed me off to a PA because he couldn’t find anything and wouldn’t discuss the possibility of it being covid or vaccine related. So, they prescribed me the same muscle relaxers, pain med and gabapentin that I’ve been taking for the last 2.5 years. So much for $3000+ dollars of wasted money.

Please forgive the whining. Maybe writing it down and being able to tell someone will get me into a better place. I started logging in again today and with the inspiration of your chats I’ll walk on the treadmill a bit and do my remote PT. The Corgis love to bark at the treadmill and can’t understand why we aren’t taking a walk outside drives me crazy. Sorry pups, two feet of snow is not my jam ;)

Belinda
    BFE, Nevada
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- RAIN & WINDY!- 1hr 55min 13sec, 81elev, 97ahr, 127mhr, 6.06mi= 669c
    Strava app= 742c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 36min, 126aw, 16.8amph, 722elev, 112ahr, 140mhr, 10.08mi= 261c
    Strava app= 261c
    Zwift stats- 36.05min, 724elev, 126aw, 52arpm, 16.79amph, 10.1mi= 262c

Total cal 930
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Tracy sent me a video of Miles ,Ive been singing old McDonald had a farm
    And he gets a kick out of the Ei Ei Oh
    So the video... is him trotting around saying Ei Ei he hasn't gotten the Oh part yet lol
    What a hoot that boy cracks me up..
  • myvt9v4crh
    Options
    My computer is not available. I only have my iphone to use for comments.
    I prefer Katla 49 as my user name.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    My computer is not available. I only have my iphone to use for comments.
    I prefer Katla 49 as my user name.

If you are on your phone, go to more at the bottom right, then settings, then logout.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Belinda, I get inspired by my father, who is 88 and still walks three miles three times a week. We exercise in the basement together on the other days.

It took a lot of experimenting to find a routine that works for me. I have a weak knee and I have ADHD which means I lose count easily. So I did everything for a single set of thirty reps, or hold for a fast count of seventy five. I am more interested in weight loss than muscle building, so I try to keep moving for seventy five minutes but I use light weights, and don't lift to failure. The goal is to be a little tired and stiff overall, but not really in any one muscle. I try to alternate the harder exercises with stretches, for active recovery. So I have strayed pretty far from straight weightlifting in my search for the perfect workout for me.

If you keep trying, you will find some form of movement that works for you. Start small, light and easy. I sort of collected various exercises from physical therapy and different fitness
    experts. Good luck on your journey, keep at it!

Annie in Delaware

PS I walk in circles in the basement and it drives my little dog crazy!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Carla - Happy Birthday youngster! :D<3

Katla - I've been where you are, devices and apps want to do things differently after upgrades or they just "burp" and it's nearly impossible to figure out how to get back to square one.

Lisa - Sorry you were under the weather, glad Corey is doing better. There's lots of crud going around.

Ginny - Sounds like you are doing better and slowly getting energy back. Glad it's a weekend!

Carol - Sorry to hear about the tooth! I'm probably going to go thru the same thing one of these days. I'd probably go for a partial depending on where the absent tooth is. Some of my crowns are over 30 years old. :#

Belinda - Sorry you are going through such a rough time. I messaged you with some info.

Debbie - hope you are feeling better!

Have a fabulous weekend, ladies! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• myvt9v4crh
    Options
    I am Katla 49
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • myvt9v4crh
    Options
    I am totally frustrated by MFP. I am Katla 49. I want the site to get rid of the false name.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I have had a frustrating time. I AM Katla. My preferred name ID is Katla or Katla49.

Pip—I haven’t worked this mess out and I welcome help.
    I am still stuck, and I am frustrated, and angry. I am Katla and that is my pov. I am willing to use Katla 49. I do not know how to return to my normal ID. Advice is welcome.

Katla aka Katla 49

Wait until you're feeling refreshed. Have a good night's sleep, a cup of coffee, breakfast, and then give it a go.

Sign out and sign back in as yourself.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I lost 2.2 pounds last week! Yay!

Annie in Delaware

Well done!!