WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    DH had physical therapy today and seems to feel better, and cheerful. He’s in the dining with a group of friends. Good news!
    I hope he will continue to improve thanks to today’s session and future sessions. 😊
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie-Comfort to you in these next days. The hospice vigils can be very exhausting but I received comfort from holding husband in my arms as he passed (and my mother and SIL). It is truly the last act of love we can share. There is no rule book for us to follow with out grief and it is different for all of us. My best advice is don't feel guilty when you feel some joy in this life moving forward-we are allowed it. It is not being disloyal, it is being appreciative of the gift we still have.

Kylia-I was wondering how you faired. I made arrangement for our staff to go to safe places (I'm still working from home). Got some wind and rain, power went out just long enough to have to reset clocks. Preview of spring!

Lisa-I appreciate the humor of the gun statement.

Beth-don't beat yourself up. I'm not sure what would constitute an astoundingly poor food choice. It was a food choice that didn't fit your goals for the day. We all have them. What matters is we recognize it and try together back where we want to be. I made some poor choices this past week even on some of the days I really stayed under calorie goal, but quite honestly I decided to give myself grace while healing. Today, feeling better, I almost automatically got back on track. I have a lunch meeting tomorrow and I am giving careful pre-thought to that choice.

Busy day with work. Feeling pretty tired from it. Going to do quick kitchen cleanup and then just rest.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    I had salt cravings tonight watching my parents eat soup and crackers with ham. But I resisted! Yay! I still have my aerobic walking to do. I'd rather dream about buying a bike and magically becoming skinny. It may take a little more work and resistance after the assembly. So I better get myself down there and walk.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- So sorry for your loss. It is a blessing he went peacefully but that doesn't make the hurt you and your family are feeling any better. HUGS

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    I did my aerobic walking Yay! Today I ate 1083 calories for a calorie deficit of 309. Yay! If every day were like today I'd be skinny!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Intentions for today: All completed
    📍am: prep for Monday Painters B)
    📍2pm: Monday Painters B)
    📍general chores B)
    📍solid habits B)

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Rosemarie (((Hugs))) My condolences on your loss.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,366 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Barbara - here's the little portable power station I purchased:

This was the review that sold me on it - and comments from folks had who already owned one.

And I got the little solar panel - it is supposed to arrive on Friday. I'm not a camper but if I was, it looks like this setup gives folks enough electricity to have a few conveniences.

As I mentioned earlier, one of the main selling points was that it's small, easy to use (there are YouTube videos on that too!) And pretty affordable. And it does what I need it to do - charge the cell, tablets and laptop in case of an extended power outage. I don't need it to run the coffee maker or a heater.

I see the company makes much larger units. There are plenty of other manufacturers out there.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

PS - One of our county commissioners posted on FB last week that domestic terrorism - damaging power substations is become a large threat. They took one offline on the east side of our county for a few days last year. And several up near Tacoma were damaged and folks without power for a few days as well. So that kicked me into gear.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - I’m so terribly sorry for your loss. Biggest hugs to you.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    This is katla49 and my username has been changed to myvt9v4crh by the site. I don’t like it.

I am katla and will also answer to Katla 49 or 4katla9.

That doesn’t make sense . You had to have logged back in as myvt9v4crh and not katla49

I just have to reemphasize that I had the exact same experience approximately three weeks ago. For over a day possibly two it would not take my correct user name which is my email address different than my handle fanncy, and it would not accept my email address. Then I gave up and was starting a new user name and password. For some reason the day after I did that I thought I’m just going to try it again and it actually worked! I believe there was a glitch in the system. They do have people that will help in situations like this. For me I thought it much simpler to just start over again. The only reason that I thought of trying it again is because I’ve been here since 2014 and I really didn’t want to lose, my accomplishments. The only thing that she may have to do is go into her system and change her name myvt9v4crh, to her preferred user name, Katla 49.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Then she would have two user names with the same name and the system may not allow it. When I worked at Amazon, I ran into this issue ALOT. I I do have one suggestion but I would have to message her or talk to her about it
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a pilates for Inflexible People (like me) DVD then walked to the grocery store (about 2 miles away). I really should have gone earlier as it was starting to get hot while I was on my way home. But I did lay by the pool and then go in. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak 10 Dvd

There’s supposed to be a SpaceX launch tomorrow morning at 1:45a.m. Yes, I have my phone’s alarm set to go off at 1:30. I don’t want to miss it in case there isn’t another launch while we’re down here. Of course, the way Elon Musk is going, there might very well be….lol

Heather – Agatha Christie is one of my favorite authors!

Lanette – never even thought of a TENS unit for Vince. Thanks for the suggestion

Put beef and barley in the crock pot for vince. I got the beef at the store this a.m. I’ just not a real big meat eater (red meat) so I’ll probably have something else like tuna or eggs or soup

Bella – welcome! Be sure to come back often so we get to know you better

Monday here: did a Peak 10 DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Ada Jenkowitz DVD. After exercise went to WallMart the the SPCA thrift store. Then laid by the pool. Had dinner and then took my walk around the parking lot. Exciting, huh?

I did get up at 1:30 to see the launch. Believe it or not, I wasn’t the only one who did! Then with 2 minutes to go, the launch was scrubbed. Not sure when it’s going up again.

The other day for some reason I was feeling very anxious. Not sure why. But then I exercised and it all went away

Barbara – I have a notebook for some of the passwords because I know that I’d forget. Everyone seems to have different requirements. Some a capital letter, some need a character, etc. Of course, I don’t keep sensitive ones written down.

Rosemarie – I’m so very very sorry to read about your husband. So glad your son and DIL were with you and you weren’t alone

We’re running the dishwasher for the first time. Honestly, you can hardly hear it

Don’t want to forget to post so here goes!

Michele FL for now
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have not posted in a bit. I hope you all are well and I will read through the posts over the next few days.
    My husband passed this morning at an inpatient hospice. A lovely facility that gave us excellent care. My son and daughter in law were with me. The passing was peaceful and we are thankful for this. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your lives as I accept the changes in my life.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

I am so sorry Rosemarie. :heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    Tina thanks for the knee advice! I just looked at the AARP site for knee exercises and they also said front straight leg lifts. I will put them on my dumbbell routine list.

My bike is such a hassle I don't use it. I have to move the car to get it out, then pump up the tires. But who knows, the warm weather is coming.

Annie in Delaware

Every time we ride, we load our bicycles into the van and drive to a better area.

At one time, long ago, we could handle the 14% grade hill we live on, and the traffic in this area, but not now.

M in Oz
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie … praying for you and your family … hugs

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options