• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    Katla. Your profile still exists

pnbq9cqa8ogu.png
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    No worries your account is still available!
    You are still listed as a friend.💖
    kyv9kb664luz.png
    Rebecca

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Tina hmm. Interesting option, thanks. That bike is affordable, probably about the cost of five Physical therapy co-pays. I'm not sure I have the room for it though. I have had this bad knee for so long it might be time to get more serious about working on it. Would the bike work okay on carpet with cement underneath? It might settle into a dent in the carpet and stabilize that way.

Annie in Delaware

I put a mat under mine so it doesn't slip around on my wood floors, but mine seems sturdy enough and I'm not pedaling too fast. It's fairly small (my 6'5" mister cannot use it). Fits me just fine. I suspect it'll work on carpet. It folds up and you can stash it in a corner if needed.

Tina in CA

Good luck.
  • sh0tzz99
    Options

Tina - thank you for sharing the MacKenzie exercises! Years ago the PT's suggested I get a round pillow to put behind my back. It's called a MacKenzie roll and now I see why.

Lanette <3
    SW WA State

You're welcome.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,058 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tina. I measured and it will fit in the basement, although it would be better if I cleaned out some things down there. I have it in my cart on Amazon. I'm very close to buying it!

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    Thank you Tina. I measured and it will fit in the basement, although it would be better if I cleaned out some things down there. I have it in my cart on Amazon. I'm very close to buying it!

Annie in Delaware

This is not a Peloton-type bike. It's very basic just to keep the knee joints healthy, so adjust your expectations accordingly. :smiley:
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Katla ~ Hand your phone to one of the young nurses at the facility and they will know how to turn it off. At our age, it's hard to know how to work things. I have to ask for help all the time.

Carol in GA

I immediately hand mine to my son if I have a problem. I am trying a little more on my own before handing it over to him but still would rather just have him do it.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate my new mattress toppers.
    #2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: I did this with a camper who I received complaints about. I put myself in his shoes when speaking with him. He was a very lonely man who only had his dogs (one barking, one loose) and the people he meets at campgrounds. Made me more comp

#3 Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness. I watched the Adam Project.
    #4 Take a picture of 3 things that make you happy. Send them to a friend. Done!
    #5 Be kind to yourself. Self-compassion is equally important. Will do today.
    #6 Start a conversation with someone new. I do this every day with the campers!
    #7 Consider a current struggle. Write down 2 thoughts that give you comfort. My dog Brownie’s heart trouble. Her spells are getting worse and there is nothing the vet can do. Comforting thoughts—She lived a good life with us. She brought us many days of comfort and enjoyment with her loving attitude.
    #8. Consider and celebrate diversity today. I am a white girl living among darker Mexicans and native Americans. Campers come from around the world and love to hear the accents and learn about the different cultures i come into contact with. Do this every day!
    #9. Identify a role model who embodies perseverance. Can you find two ways to emulate them? My 30 year old autistic nephew. He never gives up no matter what health challenge he faces. I can emulate him by not complaining about every little ache and pain, and by doing what needs to be done to get through any health issues that may come up.
    #10. Check an item off your to-do list this weekend. Working on my taxes.
    #11. Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver the meal to a friend. We give food to people all the time. My DH cooks and we give food to different campers and workers here at the park almost every day!
    #12. Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused. Done
    #13. Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness? After I bough myself a Sonic blast to ‘cool down’.
    #14. Express creativity by making art or cooking a new meal. I write in a journal that has writing prompts I have to make up stories for. Yesterday I wrote a short story about a dog leash!
    #15. If you are waiting in line today, let someone get in front of you. May not be today, but i did do it on Sunday!
    #16. The next time someone does something you appreciate, be sure to let them know. Will do! Didn’t have the opportunity but will watch for a chance today!
    17. Offer a helping hand to someone, such as holding a door for a stranger. I may have a chance today.
    #18. Share about a recent book you read and what you learned. I just finished reading ‘Everything You Are’ by Kerry Anne King. It dealt with alcoholism, recovery, death, and grieving. I learned that no matter where you are in life, never give up and find a way to celebrate life.
    #19. Show sincere appreciation when someone serves you food or drink. Did this today. DH made me pancakes and served me coffee this morning.
    #20. Complement someone today. Ideas include recognizing a great smile or earrings. Did this to a lady who looked angry and tired at Walmart today. Made her happy and smile.
    #21. When you recognize someone is struggling, offer words of support. I did that yesterday!
    #22. Ask for help. That’s a simple way to express bravery. Sometime today.
    #23. Encourage your teammates to utilize their unique strengths. Do this with my co-hosts every day. I thank them and tell them they have done a good job, and really are working too hard.
    #24. Reflect on the steps you have taken to achieve your past goals. I looked at past lists to see if I had achieved my goals.
    #25. Express gratitude today by thanking someone. Thanked my DH for making coffee.
    #26. Think about the upcoming work week. How can you apply teamwork? I can apply teamwork by helping out the paid employees and the other volunteers. I also need to put together the agenda for Tuesday night’s Friends Group meeting.
    #27. Send or leave a handwritten thank you note to someone. To be completed.
    #28. Giving constructive feedback is one way to ignite honesty.

RVRita
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Annie, one more thought. A good PT will observe, evaluate and build a routine designed specifically for your knees not a generic good for all. Every body is different. Good luck!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Annie - Barbara is right. A good PT will provide you with a personalized exercise program that is just like a prescription. They will also provide you with ways to progress that program.

Rebecca - so sorry youngest son is still not communicating. I know this is really hard for you but hang in there. Maybe he will get some leave and just turn up on your doorstep. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Not much going on here today, waiting to hear on my truck. Need to make a run to Walmart and work on some things around the house.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    Options