WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Ginny- yes Taliah was born a girl and decided in 7-8th grade that being a boy was better,i dont know if they had a class or an assembly on it but it seems a whole bunch of the girls decided to become boys so,I dont know if its for attention, or what.. but Carmine has been mean and horrible to anyone for the last few years..ans only getting worse..
    Tracy and Kyle want Taliah back and not this mean nasty foul mouthed teeneager that doesn't care about himself or anyone else.
    So here is hoping that they can at least get him on some type of anti depressant or something poor kid..

Could be hormones.

I was a wolverine for about a week before my periods back in those days.

Have they taken them to a GP for a full check-up?
    Also here, you can get your GP to do a recommendation for 5 discounted allied health treatments. Allied health includes things like psychologists, physiotherapists, etc. Maybe something like that is available where you are?

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) One of the luxuries I allow myself is paying an accountant to prepare our tax return. I gather up all the documents and numbers and send them to her and she fills in all the blanks and mails it back to us for a signature. It arrived today ready for us to sign.

We also use an accountant for our taxes ... most people here do.

barbiecat wrote: »
    :oAllie, Carmine is a teenager living with a parent with severe anger problems and parents who put all their energy into acquiring another child who has messed with family routine, cost a lot of money, and can seemingly do no wrong. That's a tough place to be.

*Insightful*

Machka in Oz

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    I used to do our taxes without help, reading that ridiculous book they used to send out each year. But when computers and tax software became available, I “splurged.” I am, at heart, a tightwad! :D My mother’s taxes, however, will be sent to her longtime accountant.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a Crunch Fitness Total Body Bootcamp DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Inflexible people DVD. Then we leave for the races.

I didn’t realize that Vince wanted to see not only the Arca race but also the Xfinity, so we didn’t get home until almost 9:30. I just find it somewhat funny that Kyle Bush is now driving for a pot company. We were talking about how Mars used to give out free samples of candy. Maybe 3Chia will give out free samples of pot?????lol

Looks like we’ll need a new dishwasher. Well, this one is probably the original. When we ran it yesterday you can smell a burning rubber smell. We can’t figure out where it’s coming from. Vince said that tonight (we ran it last night) you can still smell it. So he’d like to go looking for a new dishwasher Monday. We probably won’t get a top-of-the-line one since we only use it a few times a year.

Amazon has the Birkenstocks that I like in my size at a fairly reasonable price. Vince said “that’s expensive” but my last pair lasted about 8 years so it’s worth the money. But….I do need to find out if the seller ships by the post office. If it was Amazon delivering it, I’d have it shipped here. But if he ships via the post office, we don’t have mail delivered here and the post office may not deliver them since they know that we don’t get mail. I hope he doesn’t

Allie – prayers for Carmine. Wonder why such a shift?

Debbie – prayers for Destiny. She’s such a trooper. Puts me to shame with all she’s going thru at such a young age.

Got my food ready to take tomorrow and logged it. Want to get to bed now.

Michele in FL
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a Crunch Fitness Total Body Bootcamp DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Inflexible people DVD. Then we leave for the races.

I didn’t realize that Vince wanted to see not only the Arca race but also the Xfinity, so we didn’t get home until almost 9:30. I just find it somewhat funny that Kyle Bush is now driving for a pot company. We were talking about how Mars used to give out free samples of candy. Maybe 3Chia will give out free samples of pot?????lol

Looks like we’ll need a new dishwasher. Well, this one is probably the original. When we ran it yesterday you can smell a burning rubber smell. We can’t figure out where it’s coming from. Vince said that tonight (we ran it last night) you can still smell it. So he’d like to go looking for a new dishwasher Monday. We probably won’t get a top-of-the-line one since we only use it a few times a year.

Amazon has the Birkenstocks that I like in my size at a fairly reasonable price. Vince said “that’s expensive” but my last pair lasted about 8 years so it’s worth the money. But….I do need to find out if the seller ships by the post office. If it was Amazon delivering it, I’d have it shipped here. But if he ships via the post office, we don’t have mail delivered here and the post office may not deliver them since they know that we don’t get mail. I hope he doesn’t

Allie – prayers for Carmine. Wonder why such a shift?

Debbie – prayers for Destiny. She’s such a trooper. Puts me to shame with all she’s going thru at such a young age.

Got my food ready to take tomorrow and logged it. Want to get to bed now.

Michele in FL

Check on the heating element to make sure no plastic fell on it. I always knew if the lids to the sippy cups fell on the element. Lost quite a few lids over the years

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    Time to sort through my winter clothes and discard some items before I switch seasons. No point in storing items I no longer wear, and let go of some old favourites that are past their best.

(((Destiny)))

(((Carmine))) Young people have so many pressures these days. I hope you can get them the help they need.

DYD has been doing our taxes for many years. We won’t have to put in a tax return after our last one, as all our income is now taxed at source. She will keep an eye on things for us.

Weather yesterday was showery so no gardening. We decluttered one of our filing cabinets, shredded sensitive stuff for the compost heap, and filled a large tote for the recycle bin.

Intentions for today:
    📍Declutter wardrobe
    📍laundry
    📍family Skype
    📍Latin translation
    📍prep for gynae appointment tomorrow
    📍solid habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Options
    @KetoneKaren ... why annoyed and miffed? Why not relieved you can put this all behind you?

You don't have to answer me.

M in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Karen-we can only take things one step at a time. Your son may be expressing the best forgiveness of which he is capable. We put ourselves in awkward positions by wanting something more than someone has. Regarding grandchildren-blended families are just never easy. I am fortunate that my stepson and family affirm that I am their grandmother-but that is due to a very disjointed relationship (or lack there of) he has with his mother. Give it more time. The kids will most likely treat each other as cousins regardless of what son says. And he may become more accepting. I am so happy you had a good tea and dinner-much progress!

Allie-I think Barbie provided a good summary. Many families are going through the same struggles right now. They also went through the pandemic and all of that disruption during this time.

Those of you announcing the finishing of your taxes are getting me to start thinking about doing mine. I use TaxAct. I could probably do it all myself on the IRS website but I like the reminder questions.

Happy to report printer is working normally after a couple of more cleanings this morning. Persistence and patience paid off (I admit I was tempted to just go buy a new one!)

Lots of sneezing this morning, throat a bit scratchy and nose runny. I do hope I'm not getting a full blown cold. I took a test this a.m.-negative for Covid. Hopefully a passing allergy thing from dusting under beds yesterday.

Off to get some things done before going to see wrestling and basketball (oh, and visit with parents too!)

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio