LESS Alcohol ~ MARCH 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options

I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days for the shortened month of February.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Sunday March 12 - AF - I have a few outings this week, a comedy show and a String Quartet Chamber Music show. I am unsure whether I will have drinks at one or both of those.
    Monday March 13 - AF - I had my grey roots dyed out after work and had a hankering for a couple of cocktails when I got home, but I didn't because my weight is still way up from the drinks (leading to bad food choices) on the weekend.
    Tuesday March 14 - 3 drinks, 1 before the show and 2 after. Planning AF for tonight.
    Wednesday March 15 - AF - Early morning video conference and a late night planned at the Theatre, so I knew that I had to remain AF. Not sure if I will have drinks before and after the Chamber Music Concert tonight.

Rolling total: 8AF day out of 15 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful for this kind and non judgmental group of wonderful people. Knowing I can come here and learn from you and share my experience means so much. I am positive I would not be on the LA path without this thread!

@MissMay love your photo of the twists and turns while on the journey to LA, thanks for sharing!

@joans1976 A big congratulations for making it through to your last treatment! You have inspired me with your strength and courage. Time for a massage, pedicure AND nap!

@RockinRobyn672 I would like to find that Clausthaler (NA) - sounds like a great choice!

@globalhiker great post and way to go on sticking to your personal rules!

Thursday 3/16
    March accountability: 20-23 AF days
    AF - 12
    A - 3
    No more than two glasses per A day.
    Planning 0 A until the weekend.
    I have a NA Stella Artois to try with our Irish dinner tomorrow.
    Also have the grandchildren for the weekend!

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    We were at lunch the other day and I noticed an employee folding green T shirts to give out today, St. Patrick's Day. Printed on them was "Day Drink". I cannot imagine where I would be comfortable promoting that message but I guess plenty of people will pop them on at that bar today. We may go out to lunch but are definitely staying in and off the roads tonight.