Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability: 1 days AF
    Alcohol: 0 days (0 drinks)
    Days over 2 glasses: 0
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.

3/1 - AF; Clausthaler Grapefruit Non-Alcoholic. First sleep over babysitting our 8 month old granddaughter
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy How are you doing? Are you feeling better?
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,898 Member
    Options
    A
    And we are off...to a good start, yeah, I think, even though I had one glass (just one - unheard of) glass of wine last night.

Detail Stats
    AF = 0
    A = 0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%

March goals are going to be a bit more strict as I really want to drop a few pounds before the end of the month.

Week 1 (ending 3/4) = 0
    Week 2 (ending 3/11) = 0
    Week 3 (ending 3/18) = 2 - 3 of wine per week, less is better
    Week 4 (ending 3/25 = 2 - 3 of wine per week, less is better
    Week 5 (ending 4/1) = Mini (4 day vacation in Vegas) - No rules :)

@RockinRobyn672 ~ what surgery did you have on your foot? I'm starting to have issues with my feet and I'm not happy about it!
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I haven't researched this, it's just hearsay, but my understanding is that alcohol converts to sugar when you metabolize it, which would explain the sugar cravings. Remember that yeast eats sugar and poops booze. Really fun when you think about, for example, mead - turning bee barf into yeast poop so we can get loopy on a tasty drink. That reminds me, I have a ton of honey sitting on the microwave cart along with five gallons of water and several packs of yeast (hopefully I haven't left the yeast in the fridge too long) waiting to be made into a batch.
    @RockinRobyn672 six weeks is no time at all for recovery, especially for a foot. Like I say, even small progress is still progress, when you start to feel like it's taking forever just compare your capabilities now with where you were just a few weeks ago.
    Tracking my food again has been helping. I'm not losing fast, but I am losing steadily.
    Bentley has been doing okay, he has moments where he just looks like he's at death's door and I'm so frustrated because all I want to do is make him well. But most of the time he's still perky and upright and wagging and behaving like normal Bentley, just without working legs. He's become a VERY picky eater, and getting him to take his meds is a trick, but c'est la vie. He now spends nights in his crate in the gym closet, and I think he's getting used to it. I'm pretty sure he slept through the night last night. I know I did.
    5nb9yiemwj2n.jpg
    Golden mantled ground squirrel begging for food on a trail at the bottom of Bryce Canyon, UT

-m

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    She was adorable - it was very apparent that tourists had been feeding her for some time despite the signs posted everywhere. She had no fear of us at all, and proceeded to climb on us and our things looking for snacks.

-m