JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ROUND 216

Options

Replies

• GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @GirlOnTheRebound said “Eating my coleslaw before we go so not tempted by hotdogs!”

There is nothing that will stop me from having a dog at the ballpark. LOL Just as inconceivable to me as a movie without a BUCKET of “buttery” popcorn.

Oh I hear you. But - I am at the ballpark every day till Tuesday. I have to watch my sodium so I am picking my hotdog day. I have decided tomorrow it is. Num num num
  • clprieur
    clprieur Posts: 264 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »

Thank you @fmfdfa2020! I am pretty glad to feel human again! Also, my face looked TERRIBLE. Getting sick when you are old is scary! Especially when you are as vain as I am! ;)
  • clprieur
    Options
    tishawj wrote: »

@clprieur We didn't get much snow at all here yesterday, a bit in the evening and it stopped overnight. The last few snow/ice systems that went through southern Ontario missed us. We're in a funny spot where we either get hammered when no one else does or nothing when everyone else does. Plus we're used to the snow...everyone has a snowblower, and our services handle it pretty well....we'd never leave the house from Nov-Apr if a bit of snow made us stay put LOL.

@tishawj HAHA! Point taken. Having grown up in Northern Ontario I am familiar with having to dig out a driveway. Lol. However, there is a reason I moved to Southern Ontario and I am NEVER going back. :smiley:
  • clprieur
    Options
    @clprieur I was also confused about goal weight. As whacky as it sounds, I think feeling as if it is right is pretty accurate. WW said my high limit should be 136 or 137 but I was never comfortable there and found it impossible to eat their way and get lower-as a matter of fact, when they made all fruits and most vegetables “free” I regained 30#! When I started low carb I just lost until I felt comfortable-I weighed but did no measurements. When I went to my new doctor at 117# he said that was a good weight for me. I found this chart which you may have already seen but thought it might give you some numbers to think about.8chxwylszc85.jpeg

Having said that, I need to get my happy A.$.$ to a gym!!!!

@quiltingjaine Thanks! Yeah, I think I know what you mean about "feeling right"... it is just that some days I feel "right" and some days I feel "not right" and most days I am "not quite right!" ;) I have seen various forms of the BMI chart, (some that factor in age, etc.) but my weightloss surgeon warned me against using that as a tool to decide a goal weight. He said that since I had been so overweight for so long (I had been over 300-400 lbs from the age of 13-35) that apparently your skeleton actually increases in mass to support that weight, and then when you do lose weight your skeleton may decrease in mass somewhat, as you age, but not necessarily down to an "average" size. So that can mess up your scale weight. Also, my plastic surgeon told me that I still have at least 10 lbs of excess skin that needs to come off, whenever I can save up to get more skin removal surgeries done. (They took 17 lbs off my abdomen during my abdominoplasty, which the nurses marveled at! LOL) Augh. I dunno, I am just messing myself up by trying to bring some sense of science to this. I should probably just try to walk my dog every day and not eat like a pig and see where that lands me. LOL!

But thanks for letting me talk about it. :)
  • clprieur
    Options
    HoopsGuy72 wrote: »

I feel like you post the way I like to post. If people want to read it, they will. But just getting your thoughts out into the universe has ALWAYS felt helpful to me.

@HoopsGuy72 Thank you! I have only been here for 6 rounds but I am beginning to see the wisdom in writing it out! I notice that when I first started my comments were only a few words long. Now... not so much. Lol. I notice that you have recently "returned" and I am looking forward to reading more of your posts and following along with your progress! :)
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    @clprieur that's really helpful, thank you so much for taking the time to give me such a thoughtful and compassionate reply. You're so right about boundaries. I will be vigilant to ensure that if there's any more lashing out or guilt tripping from him then I will make it clear that I won't stand for it.
    My daughter is doing well, she's taking it in her stride and has messaged her auntie and nana to send her love etc.
    I'm not doing quite so well, my heart hurts for my daughter and I'm worrying about potential drama ahead. My OH and I have just had a spat over something silly but it's made me tearful. Think I need to get out of the house for some air. Enjoy your dog walk xxx
  • jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @clprieur. Love your post today.
  • jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @39flavours I’m sorry you are struggling-family can be so hard at times.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    jspecies11 wrote: »
    @39flavours I’m sorry you are struggling-family can be so hard at times.

Thank you x yes, they can