Female Bulking Advice Needed

Options

Replies

• madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    tagging for future reference - great thread.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. For the ladies that are interested in bulking or just want to follow some that are, there is a new group here called 'women who bulk' and there are more than ten ladies already there with journals and more joining every day. Feel free to join, ask questions, or just cheer on these brave ladies that have decided to gain muscle even if it means gaining weight. :wink: :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/51470-women-who-bulk
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The only difference from a male to a female is the capacity to build muscle a day/month/year etc. So i would suggest to do a very slow bulk so you dont add 2 much fat.

.5lb - 1lb a month is probably about right , anyways good luck!

.5 lb- 1 lb a month would be a great bulk IMO! Am feeling encouraged to give it a go (the slow bulk)
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • ewartluft
    ewartluft Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Today was the "official" first day of my first bulk cycle. My lifts have been at a plateau pretty much since I started my 250-300 calorie deficit 2 months ago and for the past 2 weeks I've been very tired all day. I'm so ready for the energy to return! I can't wait to see your results!
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    So...guys don't know anything about bulking?
  • shano799
    Options
    First of all wow you look smoking hot.

Bulking
    is quite simple determine mass you want to gain then adjust calorie intake to suit. Up the carb intake across 4 of the 6 meals you eat with the larger servings pre and post gym. Clean eating will keep body fat numbers down. Try to eat no more than 150gms of protein per meal and include as many vegies as you can withstand. I aim for a cup of mixed veg per meal.
    I always avoid carbs later in day so that ive spent most of them throughout day therefore not converting to fat thru the night.

Thermo's
    These work great when used in conjunction with l-carnatine. Upon waking drink 200mls of water. Then mix these 2 products and head off for a 45-60min walk. This is somewhat a fasted state therefore eating away at the fat cells.
    Upon returning from morning walk drink 200-400mls of water and eat a good clean breakfast.
    I do this daily regardless of if im bulking or stripping. i

I have a number of people i use these methods with and get fantastic results, both for gaining and loosing weight.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump. you look amazing!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    So...guys don't know anything about bulking?

I'm fairly certain she meant that the female was doing the bulking, not advice from only females. She's clearly been receptive to all advice and not just the advice from females.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    holy **** 46??! You are super!!!!!!!!!!! great work!!!!
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump - would like to know also. Thanks for posting - you look fantastic!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Everything you said sounds perfectly solid. When increasing calories from a cut, anyone bodybuilding tends to "rebound" and the body is more prone to accumulating fat, which is why your caloric increase should be gradual. You're doing it right.

Side note - You are beautiful!
    I bet you can't explain why that is…or is it just nonsense?

And for what it's worth, since this thread is still active, I'd like to throw my two cents in and agree and reiterate that there is no difference between men and women in regards to any general….GENERAL physiological responses to these sorts of things.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I do get more than my minimum protein and fat requirements. I currently get 1.54g protein per pound of body weight, my fat intake is .495g per pound, and the rest are carbs. I feel very good at these levels and wouldn't want to drop the protein and fat any lower due to satiety.

I'm also shooting for a 1/2 lb. a week and 2 lb. a month weight gain. I'd love to see any pre and post bulking pictures you have. :smile:

That's pretty heavy on the awesome-sauce. Keep it up. :smile:
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    November 30, 2013 Update

I averaged 2170 calories a day and did no cardio after November 3rd. On 11/27/13 I weighed 114.5 (an increase of only ½ pound) but on November 30, 2013 I weighed 115 pounds for an increase of one pound for the month.

My measurements are essentially the same, and I had my body fat tested again using the seven point caliper method and it yielded 19.25% which is very close to the 19.4% my handheld Omron read that same day.

I’ve decided not to track my calories for a few weeks to see if I can gain some weight although I fear I’ll under eat rather than over eat so I’ll be monitoring my weight daily. Here are the pictures taken at the end of the month.

For December, I’m going to add back in a little cardio in the hopes that it stimulates my appetite in the absence of tracking, and I’m also adding creatine back in.

MVJLVdb.jpg

ctF1o2q.jpg

Arms
    vFl8ry6.jpg

Traps
    buiJmwD.jpg

With clothes on
    DzkyW4L.jpg
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Congrats on your lean weight gain. :flowerforyou:
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bump, for so much awesome information:)
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Looking good! Congrats on your lean weight gain. :flowerforyou:

Thank you, slowly but surely! :flowerforyou:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I just had to come in here and say D@MN!!! You look absolutely amazing. There is no way you look even close to being 46. You are beautiful! You give me serious hope for the future lol
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump! Amazing Progress. You look amazing :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Bump! Amazing Progress. You look amazing :)

Thank you! :smile:
    I just had to come in here and say D@MN!!! You look absolutely amazing. There is no way you look even close to being 46. You are beautiful! You give me serious hope for the future lol

Thank you very much! :flowerforyou: