• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,320 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I love Michaela's cushion! What a great idea to use scarves. :D
    I gave away both my sewing machines when we moved out of London. I wish I hadn't now. I might look on Freecycle.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    <3

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL!

I have decided to make my cremation urn in pottery when I get good enough to make one to please me.

Alternatively, I am drawn to the biodegradable sand urns made of sand & gelatin, available for about $200-300, or can be DYI. They can be dropped in the ocean or buried.

ore97rhtw7bm.jpeg

Karen- my dad's "urn" is one of the bird houses that he built- He loved to build them and made MANY with a lot more that are cut that we will build and give away/put up around the property.
    It is perfect for him. The great part is that the lady at the mortuary is the one that suggested it. She knew dad and asked mom if she had thought about that. It sits on her roll top desk for now.

MIL is now saying she wants to bury her other son(her favorite)'s ashes. He has been dead 11 yrs and his ashes sat on the filing cabinet, with flowers(was fresh and now silk) and for a LONG time a new glass of ice water every morning.
    I told dh he needs to wait to bury him. She can't change her mind after it is done. She changes her mind about everything just about daily. He told her he plans on burying Albert when she dies- bury them together in the plot his dad is at. Sad but then the two people who treated Louis the worst will be buried right with him. I think we should make a trip back to Japan and bury them there- her and Albert were both born there.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,923 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate the love of my dog.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 7/15(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 18/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 24/60
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 16/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)
    PT— head. 4/17. Started 4/13/23
    Hands 3/17

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 5/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491,10170, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 5/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 29/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 18/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 16/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too. I did all I wanted to do.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing). I can’t sing but will sing along with music anyway. Sang “When the ants go marching in” during my walk.
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things. OOOH, this sounds like fun.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. I will tend my container garden. I have watered it but need to remove dead leaves from tomato plants.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. Not sure if I will have time today. Did not have time today.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. After the last 2 days, this is a welcome change!
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today. I did that on Tuesday but will try again today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day. Ahhhhh. But forgot to do it.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it. Going to try to remember to do this. Forgot.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor. I do this every day in my hosting.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,923 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    aundy28570 wrote: »
    How do you stay on track when the my husband fixes breakfast in bed and home made strawberry cake with the strawberries the grandkids picked up. Today I'm 56 and have been a lil spoiled, well alot. It's so hard to have the motivation I need. Oh well, guess I can start another day.

Happy Birthday! I've had to change my mindset in regards to healthy eating. It's a way of life, not a diet. So, one day does not change my lifestyle... it's just part of my life. I would not reject the love offerings of my family for one day!

Beth near Buffalo

My opinion too!

Rvrita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    went to a backyard wedding yesterday for one of dh's friends- they have known each other 40+ yrs. Third marriage for Dave.(second one was on a boat in the SF Bay- we were actually betting how long it would last- less than 6 months-she chose being with her dogs over him)>
    He has been with this women 20yrs and decided to go ahead and get married-for the medical.She is retiring and he is still working so now she can get on his medical coverage.
    The wedding was nice, very glad they had a canopy beings it was high 70's yesterday but they didn't have enough chairs so dh and I stood through the wedding, cocktail hour and dinner/dessert. I was so glad I wore flats and not my heals. Felt great to sit down after standing for over 3 hrs

Having my tea now then will head for church. Looking forward to telling a few people who were praying for Nick last Sunday, to now share a praise about him. So much happened in just one week.

Should be catching up on some computer work- need to have it done this evening.

Not sure what we will do this afternoon- may weed some more in the garden.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    B)

Katla
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :) Do any of you remember watching "Picket Fences"on TV? There were many occasions of bodies and body parts found in chest freezers. Another reason to opt for the upright kind.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,649 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Barbie - I do not remember that show and think I am glad I don't that sounds gruesome
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,320 Member
    Options
    Kim - gorgeous photos! :D<3 Love the shadows.

Just had a phone call with my brother. He and DSIL are off on a cruise to the Norwegian fjords next Saturday! They didn't tell us they had booked it. ;) I think asking us about Norway was a pretext to talk to us about the wedding, but that's a lot better with me since talking to the bride yesterday. He asked if DH was coming, but I laughed and said he doesn't do weddings or funerals. Which is pretty nearly true. I would rather go alone than drag a reluctant partner.
    He had no clue about the ports, or if he had data roaming included on his phone. Etc etc. But I'm sure they will have a great time.They live in Southampton and can almost see the ships from their house.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Tracey, that's just wonderful that Athena likes to sew! I loved to sew when I was young. Made most of my own clothes and a lot for my kids and grands. Of course, they don't want Grammy's handmades anymore. LOL. Yes, our laws are quite strict in some areas and don't get me started in others!

None of those sleep styles fit me to a tee. I'm probably closest to a lion, I guess. I like to get up and get things done because I tend to drag in the afternoon. Unfortunately, I stay up way too late at night though!

No Karen, she wasn't confused. Once they're 16, even though they're not "an adult" in the eyes of the law, they are considered rightfully allowed to privacy of their own medical information. I was told, even in the doctor's office, that she had a "allow" me to come in with her. Again, that was prior to us having them both sign the release forms. After than, our clinic had a copy and I carried one with me 24/7, just in case!

OMG, Kelly... that's the first thing I thought of too! Why didn't ya kill the danged thing and have a dinner at least. Would made up for some of that $1000 anyway! I'm sorry. lol
    Oh and ADHD is different for everyone. Male, female and each individual. It can come out as not being able to sit still or simply not being able to focus. Like you say, maybe it's shutting down when there's "too much" of whatever. That's why it's so tough for some teachers to deal with some of the kids. They're all over the place and it doesn't all (I'm losing my words today, sorry) "show" the same way so you can't treat Johnny the way you can Susie, but you can't treat Sam the way you can Johnny either.

OH HEAVENS Katla that had to be scary! Our neighbor had one of those huge chest freezers and it scared the jeepers outta me. Never could quite figure out why, but maybe that was it.

How pretty, Kim...

23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor... I'll have to do that this week.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I hope you got the computer fixed okay!

Annie: Good of you to donate the saddle!

Lisa: Glad you hemoglobin is almost normal!

Debbie: We had a freezer growing up. There were 6 of us, but married I have not had an extra freezer. I really didn't do much with frozen food until COVID hit. Since then I have been freezing more often.

Terri: Glad the surgery went well

Barbara: Hope you are feeling better!

Heather: I love Yearning Yellow. I am glad you are going to your niece's wedding.

Heather/Ginny: I was diagnosed with ADHD in my late 40's and this explained a lot about my life. I take medication for it.

As a child I was a day dreamer and this is a sign of ADD in girls. As an adult I struggled with organization and piles. I always had piles. I am a member of ADDA...The Attention deficit Disorder Association. Knowing one has ADD is important because then you can give yourself extra time to organize and make better career decisions.

Machka: My husband and I use to go to the local symphony here while he was still able to walk. I have a Great Courses lecture series on the different composers of the symphonies.

Aundy: Happy Birthday

Karen: I would be struggling to discern who to get to know to become friends with. I am happy for you that you are doing such a great job with this. I hate cafeterias because one is forced to chose who to sit with. I don't go to Parish Night Out at the church because of this. I also could make an urn for my husband's ashes. I am thinking about this. I could make it yellow--his favorite color.

Tracy: Congrats on the arrival of Reece James.

I drove the 2 hours to Atlanta in the disability van and brought my son his Dad's desk. I am home now. We took a 1.5 mile walk with his 3 dogs. It was a beautiful day! For the knitting, I have been asked to buy bamboo needles. I understand the cast on stitches stay in place better with bamboo. I did an exercise class at the gym on Friday and plan to go back tomorrow.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,656 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3 hrs 28min, dust, vacuum, make hummingbird food, deep clean window blinds, trim back hedges, make frozen dog treats, etc= 973c
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    From Karen: I have had past experience with velvet harpoonists, so recently when she made some Southern-Speak comments about my visiting friends who had apparently disrupted her floor’s jigsaw puzzling protocol ( :D:D:D ), I waited until she was all done, and then I made direct eye contact and I kindly said, “Bobbi, point made. It won’t happen again.” She got quite flustered that I was so kind and direct in addressing her true message.

Ah, yeah - that's the key for "velvet harpoonists," which I am stealing, by the way. Her estimate of your IQ just went through the roof. Bobbi is much like the women I grew up with, like one conversation overheard in a restaurant, "Bless her heart, Darlene is PG with her 5th now. Her mama would have been better off to hand that girl an aspirin and tell her put it between her knees and never drop it."

Kim - I'm so glad you had those hours with your best friend. That's a heart-healing thing if ever was. Love the poppy pictures! Such a gorgeous color.

Quiet day today. Hope everyone's Sunday is/was serene and lovely.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR