WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Did I tell you ladies that my haunted radio is finally being fixed? Had to drive 2.5 hours to Lubbock TX to the Subaru dealer, leave my car for 10 -14 days so they could fix the radio, and go back once done. At least they gave us a loaner brand new Subaru Ascent which I like the SUV, fully loaded, but the gas mileage is terrible. Funny thing….. radio started acting haunted on this vehicle too! LOL. Their problem, not mine.

RVRita

Rita - it's the aliens messin' with your radio. :p

Well the guys are here cleaning moss off the roof. Glad to get it done. They just showed up, no calls they were coming last week or anything, even tho the young man who gave me the bid said oh yes, they'd let me know. But it's not a problem, I'm home and it's neat to see them in action. The house is done, looks 100% better, and I'm getting the gutters cleaned too (finally!) Now they are moving on to the shop.

After today, we are getting a week of no rain - maybe temps in the 80's on Thurs and Fri. I am ready to mow and drag out all of my planting containers and see what's what. I"ve been watching lots of videos on reusing potting soil, what to amend with, etc. I pretty much knew this stuff and it's what I'd been doing but it's good to get a refresher.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Lanette
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ What a cute chikie story! :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,656 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 5min 28sec, 52elev, 2.91ap, 84ahr, 108mhr, 6.17mi= 572c
    Strava app = 756c
    Other- trim front bushes and clean up leaves, 41.23min, 90ahr, 104mhr= 195c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 36.53min, 407elev, 126aw, 18.1amph, 110ahr, 134mhr, 11.14mi= 253c
    Strava app = 267c
    Zwift stats- 37.03min, 408elev, 126aw, 50arpm, 18.14amph, 11.2mi= 268c

Total cal 1020
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    So he is on the Geo HW Bush out of Norfolk? I don't know why I thought he was stationed out of San Diego.

Sending you strength, Rebecca.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,484 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm toying with the idea of uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling it but I am hesitating ... M in Oz

Machka - why would you need to?

Annie - I'm sorry the laptop refused to stay fixed. How rude! Hope your dad is OK.

Barbara AHMOD - Empathy is not a good thing when you absorb the pain around you with no way to get a barrier up to protect yourself. I'm sorry, dear heart. Sometimes so many tragedies can just overwhelm.

Heather - Your life seems so busy and happy and full. So much more so now that you're near your family. It's a pleasure to watch you stretch in creative and every other direction.

I did drag up a little bit of energy, took my own advice to "start now" and got back on the elliptical. Six minutes is better than no minutes. I don't think it will make things worse, and who knows, it might make things better. Got my day's chores done - laundry folded and put away, meds set up for the week.

CT scan in the morning--I always dread this stuff far more than is warranted. I just have a massive distaste for strangers touching me. Maybe I'll learn to get over it someday.

But in a more spritely vein, burgers on the grill for dinner tonight. The cold and rain are coming back tomorrow and supposed to keep raining until Friday, so it will be the last chance this week to cook outside. Really looking forward to that.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Barbara)))

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,092 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1233 calories, which is a little high for me. But I did my twenty minutes on the bike, an hour of yoga, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking Yay! For a deficit of 350, Yay! A good day overall, especially considering the pollen. It isn't as bad as before my nasal surgery, but it still affects me.

Hugs for you Rebecca!

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,656 Member
    Options