• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Rori - Counting down the days! :D<3

Tracey - That kind of narcissistic, gaslighting personality is very hard to deal with. There are a lot of pointers online. One thing you can't do is treat them like a normal person, because they aren't normal, they are wired differently. They will never change. Lots of books out there too. It may help, temporarily at least, to see it as a personality disorder, rather than something you are 'doing wrong'. They are very clever, manipulative, and nice to those they haven't targeted. (See Kim's mum) I would think some reading up on 'how to deal with a narcissist' would ease your mind a bit, although you are definitely going through all the right procedures. Document everything.

I decided yesterday to get a Waitrose delivery this evening for the bank holiday. It's a cheaper delivery fee after 7 pm! :p There are my standard chicken/meat cuts that I use all the time that I'd run out of. (Chicken thighs and neck fillet of lamb) Plus salmon fillets.Tonight's dinner, before they arrive, will be sea bass.

The sun is shining and the apple blossom is covering next door's apple tree. The lilac is about to blossom. I might have to do another 'view from my bedroom window '. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Saturday --

Just spent 2.5 hours in the garden!

Digging and hacking with mattock, hoe and shovel.
    Weeding.
    Watering with water can - carrying it back and forth up into the higher parts of the yard.
    And planting 2 new hydrangeas. :)

I have a feeling I'll be stiff tomorrow.

But it was a beautiful autumn day and I'm so glad I could spend time outside. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited April 2023
    Options
    ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Yes!
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Yes!
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. Yes! I can garden, which requires all sorts of body motion, and cycle.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yes! Ate my usual food and drank lots of water up till about 8 pm. We won't talk about what happened after that.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Hmmm ... Walking around the shops? Climbing stairs?
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. Achy.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening.
    There isn't much light early in the day here. Plus I was sleeping then. Plus it was cloudy, drizzly and rainy all day.
    But I do dim the lights in the evening. It's one of many steps I take to wind down in the evenings to prepare myself for the night.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    I rarely laugh. Most things don't strike me funny.
    Lots of things amuse me, but not enough for laughter.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    I often do, but as today's work involved sitting at 2 computers, I walked on the treadmill during a break instead.
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    Unfortunately, today was another day sitting at 2 computers.
    But I did go downstairs to row and lift weights.
    Hoping the rain will let up soon!!! It's been 4 days already!
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    One of my more favourite areas!! :)
    We aim to cycle at least one 50 km ride each month and have been doing that for a while. :) At our AGM at the end of March, we got a bag full of these each. :)
    c9d65r471d9g.png
    We will have to see when we can fit our April ride in ... the 5 days off over Easter would have been good but it rained and rained and was cold and windy. Snow at higher elevations.
    Maybe next weekend ... we'll see.
    AND ... one of the bigger running events moved their event to September which is fantastic for me. Originally, it was this month, but I was nowhere near ready to even sign up for the 5K. Now I've got the winter to get in shape. :)
    Also, now that I'm working back in the same building I was in about 16 months ago, with many of the same people, we've started our stair climbing challenge again. We are easing into it this month because of Easter and ANZAC Day but we'll be ready to be much more consistent in May.
    The stair climbing challenge is exciting because when I'm busy climbing 20+ flights of 20 stairs each day I am at work, I lose weight.
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    Absolutely! I climbed stairs. :)
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    I do when I have to work the next day ... make sure I get at least 7 hours of sleep.
    But I am not keen on that. I'm a night owl and like to get things done late at night. Having to be in bed by 11:45 pm is a bit uncomfortably early.
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    Gardening ... will gardening do?
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    I sing every day. My husband is very polite about it. :)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    I've spent 5 years on our island.
    I've done a lot of local exploring!
    I think exploring locally is a great idea and some people don't do enough of it. However, I'm getting more and more restless to go somewhere else as the weeks go by.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    I usually do this on the weekend when there's daylight.
    However, I occasionally do some weeding in the pitch dark when I walk Rhody right after work.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    Hmmmmmmm ... not that keen on online exercise, aside from Zwift.
    However, I have started a stair climbing challenge at work, and we keep track of it on an Excel spreadsheet. :)
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    Walking in the morning and evening as part of my commute.
    Walking at lunch.
    Climbing stairs.
    Walking back and forth to the kitchen and toilet.
    Walking with Rhody after work.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    As always. :)
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    Does huffing and puffing up and down 20 flights of stairs count?
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    I always enjoy my music, but I don't necessarily move to it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    Not on the 23rd (Sunday) but today.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    Walking ... and watching the pigeons.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    Tuesday was ANZAC Day ... so I didn't spend as much time in front of my computer. I was out in the garden for quite a while, then we went cycling.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    Wednesday, I was back at work. But I did a longish (over an hour) walk to the Botanical Gardens and back to work.

27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)

Thursday ... today. More climbing stairs.

28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.

Does cycling with my husband count?

29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in

A very quiet activist.

30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    urrsgq4xl2q2.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    I love rowing! Partly because it's sitting down :p but also because I can watch something on my tablet, or listen to a podcast. Two of my favourite Netflix series are coming out again in May, and that makes the rowing go really quickly. Sometimes I end up doing some cycling as well! At the moment I'm watching surgical operations. My favourite thing, but I often watch Ambulance, or 24 hours in A&E. :p

I went running this morning. That's four times in 9 days! I managed to get to the turn around about 5 minutes before the Parkrun. On the way home I bought Scotch Eggs for Monday lunch, and pigs cheeks for dinner on Monday, a Bank Holiday.
    Tomorrow's dinner will be salmon with leek and fennel in crême fraiche.
    Today's lunch is 'ancient grain' rolls, ;) with smoked mackerel and horseradish, cucumber and lettuce.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

My pinched nerve issue must be improving, I slept through the night. Yay!

And it (mostly) stopped raining! Yay! But it must be soggy out there.

I'm going to dye my hair today. I haven't done it in awhile. My roots are almost two inches long, but they blend in. My natural color is a dull washed out sort of charcoal, and I put red henna on it to give it some life. It's such a mess to do, but it gives great results.

Have a great day!

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,921 Member
    Options
    :) We bought our house with a low maintenance yard because we wanted to be able to mess about in the yard but notbe overwhelmed by it. It has served us well. There has always been just enough to do to keep me busy for an hour or two a day in the warmer weather without getting out of control. Working in the yard is a hobby not a chore and I love it. Thanks to Jake's new cardiologist, cardiac rehab, and some new (expensive) meds, he has a lot more energy and has been coming outside with me and doing projects on his own, We agreed to work on separate projects because I am so fussy about how I want things done, that no one could help me to my satisfaction, He needs to rest more than I do, so he brings out a chair and will sit near me and talk for a few minutes while he rests and I work. Naturally that bring comments from neighbors who are walking by who ask if he is the supervisor.

:) I decided to change to a new pattern for a blanket to knit for Project Linus. I am taking my time getting acquainted with it so when I start it will go smoothly. Just like the yard work, I like that what I'm doing is a process not a chore that needs to be completed with a deadline.

:) I knit while riding my recumbent exercise bike and watching TV or while attending a meeting on Zoom.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    It takes me most of Saturday to recoup from taking care of the wild child during the week..
    KJ - the day of the closing on my parents house.I had to do a walk through.I was alone,wish I had Sean with me but I took pictures of every room and stood there for awhile remembering all the wonderful times we had in this house.It was a real tough day...
    Kim- All I can say is God Bless you.. its a rough road to hoe,but you got this..
    Tracey - xoxo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    Options
    ☘️