Get out of the 200-210#s bodyweight range. Lose it lb. by lb.

Options
HI THERE , MFP COMMUNITY !
Again, you know what to do :
follow your favourite MFP food and nutrition programme,
record everything in the diary,
write your food and exercise notes,
weigh yourself regularly,
share and communicate with your MFP friends.
Here’s the added new thing here :
How to get out of the current bodyweight range:
give yourself the mini-goal, a few times, to lose one or two pounds to get out of where you are now.
If you get out of your ‘current’ weight status a few times in a row, all of a sudden you’ll be below 200#s ! 👍✌️🐣.
So have a lovely week, MFP Health, Wellness and Weight-loss Community !

Replies

• AGLake
    AGLake Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    April 2, 2023
    Ok, folks . I lost a bit and managed to get out of the 210 - 220#s weight range .
    I will now be struggling to get out of the 200 - 210# weight range . I have less than 8 lbs to go to get outta here.
    Have a lovely week ! 👍✌️🐣
  • AGLake
    Options
    Goodness. I got down to 205.0 and now I’m struggling around there.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,659 Member
    Options
    10 days, 3lbs? Sounds pretty good to me! Are you using a weight trend app or web site and daily weights or are you relying on straight scale results?
  • Elizabeth1515
    Elizabeth1515 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’m stuck at the 200/201 mark, I need some motivation to get out of it!
  • AGLake
    Options
    I try to eat ketogenic, try to improve the i.f. and I step on a regular home scale about every week or 10 days . Nothing fancy, keeping it simple .
    Got out of 205.0 and now I’m up and down in 204.xx Doing my best to get outta that now . Apparently some people can eat 100 TBSP of butter in 10 days and lose weight on that but I can’t do it. What a stuntman mentality!
    Have a lovely week, everyone ! 👍✌️
  • gregoryhookstra
    gregoryhookstra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's taken a lot of time to get down under 210 (from 250), and there is still a good deal to go. I celebrated with an "attaboy" and "YES- Good JOB" when I saw the scale at 209.5 this morning.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,484 Member
    Options
    I had a “goal dress” I hung in the closet sideways. Any time I wanted to get out clothes I had to touch that dress to get to them. I had whole conversations with it. “The fun we’ll have!” “I’ll be so excited to get into you!” “I’ll look so different by the time we can go out together.”

Sounds corny and cheesy but it was mentally very effective. Any time I felt weak or had pigged out the day before, I had to touch that dress. It was a physical reminder of what I wanted to achieve.

I also made a point of rewarding myself with nice workout gear. It’s amazing how much better you feel -and how motivated you are to get out there- in shiny, colorful new gear.

I rewarded myself with new leggings every five pounds. When they got too big, I asked the ladies on my friends list if anyone could use them, and split them between several takers.

I now have a drawer full of great leggings, and make it a point to continue treating myself to quality, pretty new gear. I’m known around town as the “Leggings Lady”.

Never, ever did I use food as a reward. It seemed anti-productive and besides, I’m not a dog. 🤷🏻‍♀️