On the wagon - off the wagon

Options
I’ve used this app years ago with some friends. We kept each other motivated, we successfully changed our habits, and each lost an average of 30 lbs.
Well, here I am again. The weight slowly but surely creeped back on and sabotaged my scale 😂 Clearly I fell off that wagon and it ran over me.
I am vegetarian, though right now one could say I am more on the pizzatarian side of the scale … and no I don’t eat seafood that would be a pescatarian, eggs, dairy, honey, etc. are fine by me.
I am looking for like-minded, goal oriented people with ambition to kick their “bad” habits and mutually support one another on this journey to better health

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the MFP Community!

Here's a thought I saw advanced by another long-timer here, back when I first started around 8 years ago: There is no wagon, so we can't fall off.

There's just time - that's what life is made of, right? Time is going to pass, and we have choices about how we spend it. That's it.

Me, I've been at a healthy weight for 7+ of those 8 years I've been here, and quality of life is much better as a result, I have to say.

I'm vegetarian, too (ovo-lacto, for 48+ years now). Pizza is much demonized, but in reality isn't evil: It's got some protein, some fats, and - at least in your/my case - some veggies. Not perfectly balanced, but there's some nutrition in there, alongside (admittedly) high-ish calories. I had some last night, in fact, out for dinner with friends. It's just a question of how much pizza, how often. For my time/life to pass happily, Imma need some pizza sometimes, y'know? ;)

Wishing you success!
  • marion1972
    marion1972 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words and it’s true about the wagon, it’s just a figure of speech. Now that my surgical marathon is over -fingers crossed- I can focus on getting back into shape. There are still some limitations, but at least I am able body once again 😀
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    marion1972 wrote: »
    Thank you for your kind words and it’s true about the wagon, it’s just a figure of speech. Now that my surgical marathon is over -fingers crossed- I can focus on getting back into shape. There are still some limitations, but at least I am able body once again 😀

Oh, I know it's just a figure of speech. But it's also a mental model. Is it a productive mental model? That's the question. ;)

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling back on track post-surgery. Wishing you continued improvement!