Hey all!

Options
Hey everyone! I’m new here. (Well sorta. Back after many years & starting fresh) My goals are to lose 35lbs, make smarter & more wholesome choices, and be more active.

I am 37 year old midwest gal, happily married, and a veterinary technician & practice manager. I am a mama to 4 furry creatures, and one reptile baby.

I am an auto immune warrior & battle lupus, psoriasis, & Hashimotos disease & refuse to let it bring me down in life.

I have a passion for animals, an intense addiction to my daily coffee, & in my free time I love to game & be a computer nerd.

I am interested in finding friends, and a great support network here. Looking for deeply motivated, uplifting, and inspiring people who are also interested in kindness & support. I also think it’d be great to find others who are auto immune warriors as well, as I know how hard it can be, and it can be nice to not feel so alone in the battle.

Best wishes to all & your health journeys.

Replies

• spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine how hard weight loss would be with the AI disorders. I have enough of a hard time just at my age alone. 1300kcals or less to lose body fat. Only can guess hashimoto's puts you on synthroid for life?
    Love that you work with animals. Have two senior cats that I love dearly. What do you like to do for activities? @tall_chick_problems
  • tall_chick_problems
    Options
    @spider_mark51959 hey thanks for chatting! It’s definitely been a challenge losing the weight I’ve gained. I have always been tall & thin but when the thyroid started being a jerk I put on about 40lbs. :'(

Senior kitties are the absolute best! I have 3 kitties myself.

As for activities involving fitness I love to be outside. Hiking especially. I’ve not done a lot of it lately, but now that I’m on thyroid medication and feeling better I am hopeful to be a lot more active! :)

What do you enjoy doing to stay active? :)
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I enjoy xc and downhill skiing. Primarily xc though now due to big $ for downhill. I also enjoy cycling, gardening, strength training, yoga. I like being active ☺️ originally let myself gain 40 extra pounds about 10 years ago and trying hard not to go there again. I have put some back on and it’s even harder now that I’m nearly 64
  • Sylebration
    Sylebration Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a FR. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos last year. It really helped me a lot once I got my diagnosis and started treating it. It helped me understand a lot about why things were happening to me. I know how hard it can be.
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new but old here too. Was on here like 10 years ago, then left after I reached my goal weight...but now I've put back on all the weight I lost years ago..so.. here I am again! Lol I've lost 20lbs so far and want to lose another 35. So far so good - even though I'm stalling a bit in my loss the last couple weeks! I also love animals! I have no kids. Just a hubby and furbaby - a rescue dog from Mexico currently (we lost our last Mexi rescue a year and a half ago after only having her 2 years cuz she was a senior but then got cancer 😭. Anyway, good luck with your wellness journey! I'm trying to walk more and also doing a bit of cardio workouts (at home) on the weekends :smile: