πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€***MAY 2023 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Options

Replies

• UpNorthPat12
    UpNorthPat12 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You can do this, #PaulyJoMomma ! I have a Eufy (brand) scale that does % of fat and lean tissue, water weight, etc. I haven't put a lot of stock in the accuracy of the percentages it shows because it wasn't one of those super-expensive scales - just around $40, I think. BUT, I do think that it accurately reflects a trend. So if it shows the % of fat tissue going down and muscle going up, I think that's probably true. This morning, I started to feel :'( cuz the weight wasn't going down, but then I noticed that over the past week, the fat % has gone down a bit and the lean muscle had gone up just a little. I needed that encouragement today.

So... even though some days our weight may stay the same or go up, if we keep doing the right thing, our bodies may be doing other things inside that we can't see. Like losing fat and gaining some muscle. You've got your program and you're working your program, but with grace and compassion toward yourself - the "going with the flow" part.

Just a shout-out to say you've got this. We've got this. We're worth it and you've got random people like me out here who are rooting for you! <3
  • PaulyJoMomma
    PaulyJoMomma Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My name is Paula Jones and I am going with the flow this month instead of stressing so much about this weight loss journey! It has gone so far as to cause a tiny bit of issues with my husband who doesn’t understand why I want to lose weight even though I repeatedly tell him. 😏 I am married with 3 amazing kids! I’ve been with my husband since September of 2000.

I used to be EXTREMELY fit since my time spent serving our country in the US Army. I am now an obese 100% service disabled veteran experiencing a variety of health related issues primarily resulting from my weight and I have finally reached a point where I can’t take it anymore so I am taking a firm stand. I WILL lose and am losing this weight since I started going at my goals hard Feb 9. I have seen favorable results so far with my current strategy which is a combination of Noom, GOLO, and Intermittent Fasting (IF) with revolutionary changes being made to how I eat, what I eat, and why I eat. I weigh myself every day and tape various locations of my body once a week to help hold myself accountable and establish a way to thoroughly measure my progress.

I have already started including physical exercise and that could be some type of cardio and strength training exercises at home or me and my oldest son going to the gym for some cardio or circuit training taking advantage of the equipment. I’m ready to keep this train moving! Let’s do this AGAIN! HUAH!

Goals for May:
    Workout cardio at least 3x/week (min 30 min) πŸ¦΅πŸΎπŸ«€πŸƒπŸΎβ€β™€οΈ
    Strength training at least 5x/week
    (min 60 min) πŸ¦ΎπŸ‹πŸΎ
    Reduce sugar intake to 6 g/day πŸ¦·πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ³
    Maintain fiber intake of 30 g/day πŸ’©
    Continue to execute morning & evening routines β€”which includes journaling & >20 min/routine sessions. πŸ’†πŸΎβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ

Start weight: 238.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 175 lbs
    May goal weight: 225.8 lbs

February end weight: 258.2 lbs (6 lbs lost)
    March end weight: 245.8 lbs (12.4 lbs lost)
    April end weight: 237.8 lbs (8 lbs lost)

May πŸͺπŸ§šπŸΎβ€β™€οΈπŸ’πŸŒžπŸŒ§οΈ

1 - 238.8 lbs
    2 - 239.8 lbs 😿
    3 - 241.2 lbs πŸ™€
    4 - DNW
    5 - DNW
    6 - 243.2 lbs πŸ˜΅πŸ˜‘πŸ˜“
    7 - 239.0 lbs πŸ«£πŸ€”πŸ€­πŸ€“ Here goes my weird butt trend again. My body is so silly. I’ll figure it out one day!
    8 -
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,232 Member
    Options

Hi Donna πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

First, big congrats in your progress-to-date!! Well done, you! πŸ₯³

Next ... May I ask where you find trend weight? And if your trend weight is lower than your weigh-in weight, why is it not a good way to start?

Lastly, Happy Birthday in advance !!! πŸŽ‰πŸ’πŸ‘‘

Cheers!
    - mk πŸ™‚[/quote]

@mkksemail I get my trendweight from trendweight.com on my pc. I'm sure they have a phone app. I have it linked to my fitbit so once I enter my info into fitbit, it automatically feeds my trendweight.com info. A trend weight will really help to level off those mini fluctuations or even one day of indulgence (like a holiday weight). If it start going up, your doing something wrong too consistently! Time to make some changes! If it's going down, you are basically on the right track for continued weight loss. I like to see both weights.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I am going out to lunch with DD#1 today. My scale will frown tomorrow but it should hurt my bottom line by weeks end. I love spending time with her. She stays so busy and works full time. It's nice that she is carving out a little time for her mother! :)
  • deepwoodslady
    Options

Hey Donna!

Your post is very inspiring. I noticed that our goals are very similar in terms of final weight goals and starting weight! It's so great to see that you've worked so hard and it's paying off! Gives me hope that I will also see the results I want too as well. I might even start using the cross-off that you use! Love it and keep up the amazing work!

@freckledginger15 Feel free to use the cross-offs. I borrowed them from another person in another challenge and now I see it everywhere lol!

Yes there is hope, always hope as long as we are still breathing. I go back & forth but hope someday I can beat this sugar addiction that keeps jumping in my path!

• deepwoodslady
    Options
    May Start Weight: 301.8
    May Goal Weight: 297.8
    May goal drop: 4 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 175

April 29: 301.8
    May 6: 299.4 Very happy with this result especially since I was 306.6 April 21st. Woohoo!!!
    May 13:
    May 20:
    May 27:

May weight drop: 2.4
    Total weight drop todate: 33.9

@3rdtimelosesit Congratulations! You did it!!!!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 62 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall.

Start Weight (from April 30th, 2023 ): 192.6
    Goal Weight: 187.6 (5 pound loss)

End of Challenge Weight: xxxxx
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

05/01-193.0-(Trend Weight: 192.2)- Not a good way to start. I’ve got to turn this boat around before I sail right off the deep end. If I don’t, this boat is sunk!

05/07-194.0-(Trend Weight: 193.0)- It’s my birthday week (the 10th). A gift of good health and productive weight loss would be a great gift to myself but I am really struggling. And of course, the birthday celebrations that have already begun (and some mother’s day plans upcoming) are wonderful but hard on the plan. I’m going to try to pace myself as best as I can. I am up this week, however, after a dinner out last night. Sometimes I give IN, but I never give UP. Have a great week everyone and thanks for the birthday wishes!

05/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

05/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

05/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

05/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    32207479_1701098889981591_8659801056932265984_n.jpg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_fr_q65&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=BrKZ8LN9jOAAX93ZW2z&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AfAVL5J9eJeC371ecfKKyN1unNF1xL_qJizEi1AAHCRuyg&oe=647F5DAF

william-shakespeare-433329.jpg

A little bit of inspiration, from another challenge 😊

• mkksemail
    Options

@mkksemail I get my trendweight from trendweight.com on my pc. I'm sure they have a phone app. I have it linked to my fitbit so once I enter my info into fitbit, it automatically feeds my trendweight.com info. A trend weight will really help to level off those mini fluctuations or even one day of indulgence (like a holiday weight). If it start going up, your doing something wrong too consistently! Time to make some changes! If it's going down, you are basically on the right track for continued weight loss. I like to see both weights.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I am going out to lunch with DD#1 today. My scale will frown tomorrow but it should hurt my bottom line by weeks end. I love spending time with her. She stays so busy and works full time. It's nice that she is carving out a little time for her mother! :)

@deepwoodslady / Donna

Ohhhh!!! I thiught it perhaps was a MFP feature that I hadn't yet learned where it was! I testing. Thank you 😊.

I'm also on Fitbit (MaryK K), if you'd like to connect πŸ™‚.

That IS nice, your daughter carving out time for your birthday like that. How wonderful! Enjoy 🩷

Cheers!
    - mk :) (Maine)

• PaulyJoMomma
    PaulyJoMomma Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My name is Paula Jones and I am going with the flow this month instead of stressing so much about this weight loss journey! It has gone so far as to cause a tiny bit of issues with my husband who doesn’t understand why I want to lose weight even though I repeatedly tell him. 😏 I am married with 3 amazing kids! I’ve been with my husband since September of 2000.

I used to be EXTREMELY fit since my time spent serving our country in the US Army. I am now an obese 100% service disabled veteran experiencing a variety of health related issues primarily resulting from my weight and I have finally reached a point where I can’t take it anymore so I am taking a firm stand. I WILL lose and am losing this weight since I started going at my goals hard Feb 9. I have seen favorable results so far with my current strategy which is a combination of Noom, GOLO, and Intermittent Fasting (IF) with revolutionary changes being made to how I eat, what I eat, and why I eat. I weigh myself every day and tape various locations of my body once a week to help hold myself accountable and establish a way to thoroughly measure my progress.

I have already started including physical exercise and that could be some type of cardio and strength training exercises at home or me and my oldest son going to the gym for some cardio or circuit training taking advantage of the equipment. I’m ready to keep this train moving! Let’s do this AGAIN! HUAH!

Goals for May:
    Workout cardio at least 3x/week (min 30 min) πŸ¦΅πŸΎπŸ«€πŸƒπŸΎβ€β™€οΈ
    Strength training at least 5x/week
    (min 60 min) πŸ¦ΎπŸ‹πŸΎ
    Reduce sugar intake to 6 g/day πŸ¦·πŸ‘©πŸΎβ€πŸ³
    Maintain fiber intake of 30 g/day πŸ’©
    Continue to execute morning & evening routines β€”which includes journaling & >20 min/routine sessions. πŸ’†πŸΎβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ

Start weight: 238.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 175 lbs
    May goal weight: 225.8 lbs

February end weight: 258.2 lbs (6 lbs lost)
    March end weight: 245.8 lbs (12.4 lbs lost)
    April end weight: 237.8 lbs (8 lbs lost)

May πŸͺπŸ§šπŸΎβ€β™€οΈπŸ’πŸŒžπŸŒ§οΈ

1 - 238.8 lbs
    2 - 239.8 lbs 😿
    3 - 241.2 lbs πŸ™€
    4 - DNW
    5 - DNW
    6 - 243.2 lbs πŸ˜΅πŸ˜‘πŸ˜“
    7 - 239.0 lbs πŸ«£πŸ€”πŸ€­πŸ€“ Here goes my weird butt trend again. My body is so silly. I’ll figure it out one day!
    8 - 238.0 lbs 😏
    9 -
  • mkksemail
    Options
    May Start Weight: 74.1kg
    May Goal Weight: 72kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 65kg

May 1: 74.1kg
    May 8: 75.2kg 😬 had my birthday last week so a little too much good food was eaten! But I enjoyed it πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ»
    May 15:
    May 22:
    May 29:
    May 31:

Happy birthday, @bekijayne1 πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰!